Cessation of TVB Apps FAQs
TVB eNews App and TVB News App will cease operations from 1 September 2018.
The decision to cease these services is made by TVB.
There will be no replacement apps. However, for current affair news by TVB, you can watch “News At 6.30” daily at 6.30pm and “News Roundup” daily at 11.30pm on TVBJ (HD) Ch 838 and on StarHub Go*. From 1 September, “News Roundup” programme will be scheduled weekdays at 11pm and weekends at 11.30pm, while “News At 6.30” will still be available at 6.30pm daily.
For entertainment news from TVB, you can watch them on Hub Cantonese VOD Ch 839.
Customers without TVBJ (HD) Ch 838 and Hub Cantonese VOD Ch 839 may wish to subscribe to Qiang Dang Yu Le Pack.
*Data free streaming is only available to StarHub postpaid mobile customers streaming on StarHub Go. Customers are required to set their mobile data access point (APN) to ‘shwap’ in order to enjoy streaming with no data charges.
There will be no changes to your current subscription.
StarHub TV subscribers with the StarHub TV Go Value-Added Service, subscribed to the following channels/packs, who use TVB eNews app and/or TVB News app:
- Hub VV Drama Pack
- Yu Le Pack
- Qiang Dang Yu Le Pack
- Cantonese Premiere Pack
- Hub Drama first ala carte channel
- VV Drama ala carte channel
- TVBJ ala carte channel
Top 5 questions:
- 1. I am travelling overseas, how can I activate roaming or manage data?
- 2. How do I pay my bills online?
- 3. How do I check the speed of my broadband connection?
- 4. How do I check the balance on my prepaid card?
- 5. I am moving house, how do I migrate all of my StarHub services to the new residential address?