How can we help you today?
Direct Carrier Billing Service for Microsoft and Xbox
General Service Information
How does Microsoft and Xbox Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) work?
Direct Carrier Billing Service is a Collect on Behalf Service offered by StarHub that allows StarHub Postpaid Mobile Subscribers make purchases on Microsoft Windows 10 platform and charge it to their monthly bill.
How do I charge my Microsoft and Xbox purchases to my StarHub bill?
Simply follow the steps below to charge your Microsoft and Xbox purchases to your StarHub bill.
1. Once you have selected the content you wanted, click on the “Buy” button.
2. If you have yet to input all the required information, you will be prompted for the information. Click next when you are done.
3. Enter your password again to verify.
4. Get started! Add a way to pay.
5. Select ‘Add a new payment method'.
6. To charge to your StarHub bill, select ‘mobile phone’.
7. To choose the mobile operator, click on ‘Select’.
8. Select ‘StarHub’ from the drop down menu.
9. Enter your mobile number and click ‘Next’.
10. You will be prompted to enter a 6-digit code that is sent to your mobile number. Enter the code and click ‘Ok’.
11. To confirm the purchase, click on ‘Buy’ to complete.
12. An email receipt will be sent to you after the completion of your purchase.
Is Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) Service available to Prepaid or Business customer?
No. This service is only available to StarHub Postpaid Mobile - Consumer subscribers.
How to sign up for Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing)?
What kind of content can be purchased from Microsoft using Direct Carrier Billing Service?
- Type of Content: Apps, Games, Video, Music, Desktop Softwares, Xbox
- In-app Purchases
What specific terms and conditions are applicable to Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) Service?
This Service is governed by StarHub’s service specific terms for Billing and/or Collection on behalf of Third Party Application Stores Service found on StarHub Corporate Website. By enabling this service on Microsoft you agree to these Terms of Service https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/store/b/terms-of-sale.
Who can access my personal data?
Personal data you have given to us as your mobile operator can only be accessed by us. Refer to Microsoft Data Privacy terms for any personal data you may have disclosed to them during setup of Microsoft account.
Why is Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) Service not available to me?
Your mobile service is barred or blocked from using carrier billing service via full .
What is the monthly spending limit and can it be changed?
Customers may spend a minimum of $50 worth of digital goods/content in any calendar month and such amount applies to all Application Stores / Service Providers.
The monthly spending limit is determined by StarHub, is FIXED and cannot be changed unless otherwise approved by StarHub.
The monthly spending limit will, however, be reset on the first day of each calendar month.
Customers can switch to alternative payment methods to complete their purchases.
Will I be able to set up Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) using a single StarHub mobile number for all of the Microsoft accounts?
Yes, you can link up to 5 Microsoft Accounts under the same StarHub mobile number.
Bill Presentation or Charges on StarHub Bill
How will the purchase look on my bill?
All charges will appear under the Mobile Service used at the time of purchase.
Transactions will appear under a section called: “Itemised Usage Details -> Collect of Behalf Goods/Services
Microsoft transactions will appear under sub-section: “Microsoft Store”
Transaction details will include following details:
- Time of purchase
- Content name
- Content publisher name
Will customer be charged additional 8% GST on purchases made using Collect on Behalf Service?
StarHub will not charge additional GST on top of the list price.
Other than StarHub Bill, Do I receive an invoice or receipt for each purchase from Microsoft as well?
- You'll receive an email invoice/receipt from Microsoft in the mail account used on mobile device at the time of purchase.
- Email receipt will provide transaction info such as item name, date of transaction, support contacts and price breakdown (with applicable GST).
- You can also login to your Microsoft Account to check your transaction history.
Switching of Payment Method or Removal of Collect on Behalf Service
Can I switch to an alternate payment method?
Yes. You can switch to another payment method at the time of purchase.
If I switch from StarHub to another mobile carrier, can I still continue paying via Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) service?
When you switch to another mobile operator, you would need to go through the process of setting up this payment method for Microsoft. If the carrier that you switch to has not enabled this service, then you won't be able to use this payment option anymore.
Can purchases be made via PC/Mac?
Yes, once you have set up the mobile billing payment option on your Microsoft account, all purchases made via PC, Xbox, Windows Phone or other devices logged in with the same Microsoft account will charged via Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing).
Do I need a Microsoft account to use Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing)?
Yes, it is a pre-requisite to have a valid Microsoft account even if you do not wish to use the email function. You will receive an email receipt/invoice from Microsoft after each purchase/refund transaction. The email receipt contains detailed information regarding the transaction for your future reference.
Do I need a internet connection to purchase content on Microsoft Store and Xbox?
Yes, you must be connected to Internet via mobile data or WiFi.
Who should I contact if I have a question about a content purchase on Microsoft products?
Please contact Microsoft customer support if you have any questions or issues regarding the content or application.
- Visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg and login to their Microsoft Account
- There is “Contact Microsoft Support” section
- You have three options to reach Microsoft support - brief description about your issue in the enquiry box , leave your mobile number to Microsoft customer support to call back or Live chat.
Apart from the application listed price are there additional fees for the use of mobile billing service?
Yes. Data charges are applicable when browsing the marketplace and downloading the applications. Kindly note that if the service is used while abroad, data roaming charges are applicable.