How can we help you today?
Direct Carrier Billing Service for Microsoft and Xbox
General Service Information
Direct Carrier Billing Service is a Collect on Behalf Service offered by StarHub that allows StarHub Postpaid Mobile Subscribers make purchases on Microsoft Windows 10 platform and charge it to their monthly bill.
Simply follow the steps below to charge your Microsoft and Xbox purchases to your StarHub bill.
1. Once you have selected the content you wanted, click on the “Buy” button.
2. If you have yet to input all the required information, you will be prompted for the information. Click next when you are done.
3. Enter your password again to verify.
4. Get started! Add a way to pay.
5. Select ‘Add a new payment method'.
6. To charge to your StarHub bill, select ‘mobile phone’.
7. To choose the mobile operator, click on ‘Select’.
8. Select ‘StarHub’ from the drop down menu.
9. Enter your mobile number and click ‘Next’.
10. You will be prompted to enter a 6-digit code that is sent to your mobile number. Enter the code and click ‘Ok’.
11. To confirm the purchase, click on ‘Buy’ to complete.
12. An email receipt will be sent to you after the completion of your purchase.
No. This service is only available to StarHub Postpaid Mobile - Consumer subscribers.
- Type of Content: Apps, Games, Video, Music, Desktop Softwares, Xbox
- In-app Purchases
This Service is governed by StarHub’s service specific terms for Billing and/or Collection on behalf of Third Party Application Stores Service found on StarHub Corporate Website. By enabling this service on Microsoft you agree to these Terms of Service https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/store/b/terms-of-sale.
Personal data you have given to us as your mobile operator can only be accessed by us. Refer to Microsoft Data Privacy terms for any personal data you may have disclosed to them during setup of Microsoft account.
Customers may spend a minimum of $50 worth of digital goods/content in any calendar month and such amount applies to all Application Stores / Service Providers.
The monthly spending limit is determined by StarHub, is FIXED and cannot be changed unless otherwise approved by StarHub.
The monthly spending limit will, however, be reset on the first day of each calendar month.
Customers can switch to alternative payment methods to complete their purchases.
Yes, you can link up to 5 Microsoft Accounts under the same StarHub mobile number.
Bill Presentation or Charges on StarHub Bill
All charges will appear under the Mobile Service used at the time of purchase.
Transactions will appear under a section called: “Itemised Usage Details -> Collect of Behalf Goods/Services
Microsoft transactions will appear under sub-section: “Microsoft Store”
Transaction details will include following details:
- Time of purchase
- Content name
- Content publisher name
StarHub will not charge additional GST on top of the list price.
- You'll receive an email invoice/receipt from Microsoft in the mail account used on mobile device at the time of purchase.
- Email receipt will provide transaction info such as item name, date of transaction, support contacts and price breakdown (with applicable GST).
- You can also login to your Microsoft Account to check your transaction history.
Switching of Payment Method or Removal of Collect on Behalf Service
Yes. You can switch to another payment method at the time of purchase.
When you switch to another mobile operator, you would need to go through the process of setting up this payment method for Microsoft. If the carrier that you switch to has not enabled this service, then you won't be able to use this payment option anymore.
Yes, once you have set up the mobile billing payment option on your Microsoft account, all purchases made via PC, Xbox, Windows Phone or other devices logged in with the same Microsoft account will charged via Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing).
Yes, it is a pre-requisite to have a valid Microsoft account even if you do not wish to use the email function. You will receive an email receipt/invoice from Microsoft after each purchase/refund transaction. The email receipt contains detailed information regarding the transaction for your future reference.
Yes, you must be connected to Internet via mobile data or WiFi.
Please contact Microsoft customer support if you have any questions or issues regarding the content or application.
- Visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg and login to their Microsoft Account
- There is “Contact Microsoft Support” section
- You have three options to reach Microsoft support - brief description about your issue in the enquiry box , leave your mobile number to Microsoft customer support to call back or Live chat.
Yes. Data charges are applicable when browsing the marketplace and downloading the applications. Kindly note that if the service is used while abroad, data roaming charges are applicable.