Cessation of Cable Services
As Singapore continues to rapidly digitalise, we want our customers to enjoy the latest services, technology content and digital innovation that are best enabled over Fibre. For example, on Fibre networks, you can enjoy faster internet surfing speeds as well as higher quality pay TV services with better interactivity and smarter features.
To-date, a large majority of our customers have already moved to Fibre. Do call us at 1800 829 9918 (8am to 9pm daily) or visit any StarHub Shop to upgrade to Fibre now, if you have not done so.
We strongly encourage you to upgrade to Fibre now. Simply call us at 1800 829 9918 (8am to 9pm daily) or visit any StarHub Shop as soon as you can. We will be happy to assist you in this in making this upgrade.
No. Our technicians will install Fibre services for you as there is a need to activate the Fibre connection in your home.
The charges for the installation of the first Fibre Termination Point (TP) and the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) for existing cable customers will be waived.
StarHub Fibre TV is delivered on the Nationwide Broadband Network (NBN) operated by NetLink Trust. Other than the identical channel offerings, the Fibre TV set-top box offers a more superior viewing experience with High Definition content, interactive features and apps. For more details on the fibre experience, please click here.
There are a few ways that you can verify if your TV service is on Fibre:
- There is no “ticker” message urging customers to switch from Cable to Fibre, running across your TV screen.
- There is no direct connection between your current set-top box and the cable point (marked as “SCV” at the wall).
- You may check the model numbers on your Set-Top Box as displayed below.
Each Fibre TV subscription supports a maximum of 4 set-top boxes.
You will not be able to retain your recordings as they are on different platforms.
Digital Voice Home FAQs
Your home phone will be connected to a Voice-enabled Optical Network Terminal (VeONT) if your Digital Voice Home is on Fibre. Digital Voice offers you unlimited free local calls at crystal-clear quality.
The Digital Voice Home on Fibre Service is an Internet and IP service delivered over the National Broadband Network, and the StarHub Fibre Broadband service is required to provide the internet connectivity. Digital Voice offers you unlimited free local calls at crystal-clear quality.
Yes, you should sign up to StarHub’s Digital Voice Home as it offers you unlimited free local calls at crystal-clear quality. All you need to do is take up a StarHub Fibre Broadband Service to enjoy StarHub Digital Voice Home.
Top 5 questions:
- 1. I am travelling overseas, how can I activate roaming or manage data?
- 2. How do I pay my bills online?
- 3. How do I check the speed of my broadband connection?
- 4. How do I check the balance on my prepaid card?
- 5. I am moving house, how do I migrate all of my StarHub services to the new residential address?