SmartBuddy is a mobile plan design to cater to the Visually or Hearing impaired customers or Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) concession card holder.
In recognising the special needs of the visually or hearing impaired customers, we are providing more bundled usage at 500 voice minutes, 5000 SMS and 6GB data while reducing the monthly subscription cost to $26.60/month. In addition, we also charge less on the excess data usage at a low $2.14/GB and cap at $21.40/month.
The promotional price is $26.60 per month, after 30% discount off usual price of $38 per month, for a period of 2 years. Promotion is renewable after showing valid pass.
Yes, you can enjoy the same promotional price at $26.60 per month for 2-years, by showing valid pass.
Yes, you can change to SmartBuddy plan if you do not have existing contract on your mobile plan. There will be a downgrade fee, if you are in contract and downgrade from a higher tiered mobile plan, such as XL Plan, SmartSurf Elite or PowerValue 700 mobile plans.
Yes, SmartBuddy plan is 4G LTE with data theoretical speed of up to 300Mbps.
Registered members with the following associations can apply for SmartBuddy
- Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped (SAVH)
- The Singapore Association for the Deaf (SADeaf)
- Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) Concession card holders
No. StarHub will only accept SAVH and SADeaf’s membership card. Customer can approach the association to apply for the membership with doctor’s certification letter.
Each hearing or visually impaired individual and/or PWDs concession card holder is entitled to maximum 1 SmartBuddy mobile line.
Yes, you can add Value Added Services such as Caller Number Display ($5.35/month), International Roaming ($10/month), MultiSIM ($10.70/month) etc, at usual monthly subscription rate. However, Shareplus VAS is not applicable for SmartBuddy plan.
SmartBuddy mobile line will eligible for Hub Club membership but not eligible for Hub Club discount.
Top 5 questions:
- 1. I am travelling overseas, how can I activate roaming or manage data?
- 2. How do I pay my bills online?
- 3. How do I check the speed of my broadband connection?
- 4. How do I check the balance on my prepaid card?
- 5. I am moving house, how do I migrate all of my StarHub services to the new residential address?