How can we help you today?
Direct Carrier Billing Service for HUAWEI AppGallery
General Service Information
How does HUAWEI AppGallery Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) work?
Direct Carrier Billing Service is a Collect on Behalf Service offered by StarHub that allows StarHub Postpaid Mobile Subscribers to make purchases on the HUAWEI AppGallery and charge it to their monthly bill.
How do I charge my HUAWEI AppGallery purchases to my StarHub bill?
Simply follow the steps below to charge your HUAWEI AppGallery purchases to your StarHub bill.
1. Choose the game or app you want to purchase from the AppGallery.
2. Select and click on the package you want to purchase.
3a. A prompt will appear, asking you to sign in with your HUAWEI ID (Email and Password).
3b. If you don't have a HUAWEI ID, you will be redirected to the registration page.
4. You will now see a pop-up window explaining what third-party service providers are allowed to do. If you allow third-party service providers access to your HUAWEI ID, click "Agree".
5. Add your phone number as payment method.
6. It will prompt you to select your network provider. Please select StarHub and click on "Next" to proceed.
7. Enter your mobile number
8. Enter the one-time pin (OTP) sent to your mobile phone and you’re all set!
9. An SMS notification will be sent to you after the completion of your purchase.
Is Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) Service available to Prepaid or Business customers?
No. This service is only available to StarHub Mobile Postpaid customers.
How do I sign up for Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing)?
What kind of content can be purchased from HUAWEI using Direct Carrier Billing Service?
- Type of content: AppGallery
- In-app purchases
What specific terms and conditions are applicable to Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) Service?
This Service is governed by StarHub’s service specific terms for Billing and/or Collection on behalf of Third Party Application Stores Service found on StarHub Corporate Website.
By enabling this service on HUAWEI you agree to these Terms of Service.
Who can access my personal data?
Personal data you've given to us as your mobile operator can only be accessed by us.
Refer to HUAWEI Data Privacy terms for any personal data you may have disclosed to them during the setup of your HUAWEI account.
Why is Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) Service not available to me?
What is the monthly spending limit and can it be changed?
Customers may spend a minimum of $50 worth of digital goods/content in any calendar month and such amount applies to all Application Stores / Service Providers.
The monthly spending limit is determined by StarHub, is FIXED and cannot be changed unless otherwise approved by StarHub.
The monthly spending limit will, however, be reset on the first day of each calendar month.
Customers can switch to alternative payment methods to complete their purchases.
Will I be able to charge my Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) purchases to another StarHub mobile number using the same HUAWEI ID?
Yes, you can charge to another StarHub mobile number:
- Access to App store, scroll to the bottom and select your HUAWEI ID.
- Select "View HUAWEI ID".
- Sign in with your HUAWEI ID and password.
- Select the app or content you wish to buy.
- On the HUAWEI in-app purchase page click "Credit from new Mobile Number".
- Select Carrier as StarHub and click Next.
- Enter new mobile number.
- Enter PIN code received via SMS.
- Click checkboxes to accept T&C and click Next to verify the mobile number and PIN.
- New mobile number will be verified and purchase complete.
- On your next login to HUAWEI AppGallery all the mobile numbers associated with your HUAWEI account will be available to make purchases.
Bill Presentation or Charges on StarHub Bill
How will the purchase look on my bill?
All charges will appear under the Mobile Service used at the time of purchase.
Transactions will appear under a section called:
"Itemised Usage Details -> Collect on Behalf Goods/Services"
HUAWEI transactions will appear under sub-section: "HUAWEI AppGallery".
Transaction details will include the following:
- Date and time of purchase
- Item description
Will customer be charged additional 8% GST on purchases made using Collect on Behalf Service?
StarHub will not charge additional GST on top of the list price.
Other than StarHub Bill, do I receive an invoice or receipt for each purchase from HUAWEI as well?
- You'll receive an SMS notification from HUAWEI at the time of purchase.
- SMS notification will provide transaction information such as item name, support contacts, price (w applicable GST) and Terms & Conditions URL.
- You can also login to your HUAWEI ID to check your transaction history.
Switching of Payment Method or Removal of Collect on Behalf Service
Can I switch to an alternate payment method?
Yes. You can switch to another payment method at the time of purchase.
If I switch from StarHub to another mobile carrier, can I still continue paying via Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing) service?
When you switch to another mobile operator, you would need to go through the process of setting up this payment method for HUAWEI.
If the carrier that you switched to has not enabled this service, you will be unable to use this payment option anymore.
Do I need a HUAWEI ID to use Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing)?
Yes, it is a pre-requisite to have a valid HUAWEI ID even though you don't want to use the email function. You will receive an SMS notification from HUAWEI after each purchase/refund transaction. The SMS contains detailed information regarding the transaction for your future reference.
Do I need an internet connection to purchase content on HUAWEI AppGallery?
Yes, you must be connected to Internet via mobile data or WiFi.
Who should I contact if I have a question about a content purchase on HUAWEI products?
Apart from the application listed price are there additional fees for the use of mobile billing service?
Yes. Data charges are applicable when browsing the marketplace and downloading the applications. Kindly note, if the service is used while abroad, data roaming charges are applicable.
How do I manage my subscriptions?
HUAWEI AppGallery only offers one-time purchase.
HUAWEI Customer Support
For transaction history, refunds and general enquiries, please reach out to HUAWEI using the following contact details.
Hotline: 800-852-6666 (Toll-Free)