Ethernet Over Coaxial Converter (EOCC) for Fibre TV
The Ethernet Over Coaxial Converter (EOCC) is an alternative solution to external trunking for customers who want to enjoy Fibre TV in instances where the Termination Point (TP) is more than 2m away or when there are no available data points in other rooms.
EOCC are networking devices which utilize the existing in-house coaxial cabling to transmit Fibre TV signals without external trunking. There are 2 types of EOCC:
- “Master” unit which is connected to the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) and the Cable point not more than 2m away;
- “Slave” unit which is connected to the Fibre TV set-top box from the nearest Cable point.
EOCC can support up to 4 Fibre TV set-top boxes.
You will be eligible for this EOCC solution based on the checklist below:
- TP/ONT is near to a Cable point (not more than 2m away).
- Cable point is available in the room where the set-top box is required.
- No subscriptions to Cable Broadband, TV or Digital Voice Home services.
Data Point installation via External Trunking is the default recommended home networking solution for Fibre TV as the direct LAN connection offers the highest level of stability.
EOCC is an alternative solution for customers who do not wish to have external trunking within their homes and signal transmission will be dependent on the aging condition of the in-house coaxial cabling. Our technicians will need to perform an on-site evaluation to determine suitability during installation.
External trunking will be required to install a Data Point to bridge the ONT and the EOCC “Master” unit to the Cable point. Data Point installation is chargeable at $107.00 (with GST) per point.
The recommended retail prices for EOCC “Master” and “Slave” units will be $85.60 (with GST) and $74.90 (with GST) respectively. Please check with our StarHub shops for promotions if applicable.
The warranty period for the EOCC units will be 2 years to be fulfilled by StarHub. No registration is required. If the units are suspected to be faulty, please contact StarHub for technical assistance.
You will need to bring along the EOCC units together with the Fibre service equipment (e.g. ONT, Fibre TV set-top box) when you relocate to your new address so that our technicians can install them for you.
You do not need to return the EOCC units as they are retail devices and will be owned by you.
The EOC Adapter is a point-to-point transmission solution which is only recommended for 1 set-top box. The new EOCC solution can support up to 4 set-top boxes for Fibre TV.
The EOCC solution is designed to work with in-house coaxial cabling and Cable points should be in good working condition. You may contact StarHub to repair your Cable point at your own expenses.
Top 5 questions:
- 1. I am travelling overseas, how can I activate roaming or manage data?
- 2. How do I pay my bills online?
- 3. How do I check the speed of my broadband connection?
- 4. How do I check the balance on my prepaid card?
- 5. I am moving house, how do I migrate all of my StarHub services to the new residential address?