Am I affected by the digital TV switch?
You might have heard that Singapore is switching to digital TV by end-2017, and you need a digital set-top box to continue watching your 7 Free-to-air channels.
If you are watching Free-to-air channels via a StarHub TV HD set-top box, you are already on a digital platform and do not need to take any action.
If you would like to start enjoying your favourite shows in High Definition (HD) and your current set-top box looks like the one below HubStation DCI162SHB, it is time for a set-top box upgrade for better viewing experience.
It is time for a set-top box upgrade to start enjoying your favourite shows in High Definition (HD).
See more, hear more, experience more when you watch StarHub TV in high-definition. HDTV offers at least 4 times greater detail than SDTV (Standard Definition TV) – crystal clear images, incredibly vivid colours and cinematic sound quality.
On top of Free-to-air channels, you get access to channels available only in HD*! Enjoy popular and acclaimed shows from world-class channels like BBC First, RTL CBS Entertainment, Smithsonian Channel, Oh!K and more.
*The additional HD-only channels availability is dependent on customer's subscription.
Record your favourite shows with a Smart TV™ subscription^.
- Purchase a Western Digital Storage Device from selected StarHub Shops.
- Connect it to your Samsung HD Interactive set-top box.
- Press the BLUE button on your remote control to subscribe and start recording.
^Subscription to Smart TV™ at $4.28/month is required. Only applicable with Samsung HD Interactive set-top box.
Top 5 questions:
- 1. I am travelling overseas, how can I activate roaming or manage data?
- 2. How do I pay my bills online?
- 3. How do I check the speed of my broadband connection?
- 4. How do I check the balance on my prepaid card?
- 5. I am moving house, how do I migrate all of my StarHub services to the new residential address?