2-in-1 LINE FAQ
1. What is 2-in-1 LINE?
2-in-1 LINE is an additional value-added service that allows you to have a second line (virtual mobile number) to make calls, SMS and manage services such as personalized voicemail greetings and caller blocking feature. 2-in-1 LINE allows you to:
- Manage two active numbers concurrently on just 1 SIM & 1 mobile phone
- Differentiate your private calls from business calls
- Filter unwanted calls that helps protect your privacySet or record your own voicemail greetings for each of your contacts
- Play and listen to your 2-in-1 LINE voicemail messages instantly in the app
2. How much does the 2-in-1 LINE service cost?
During the Promotion Period until 30th September 2016, you will enjoy 3 months FREE Service upon successful date of activation where the $5.35/month prevailing charge will be waived and there will be no charges for local and roaming SMSes. Subsequently, a monthly recurring charge of SGD$5.35 will be applicable if the 2-in-1 LINE service is not terminated. Note that all usages for data or voice calls made remain chargeable accordingly to your subscribed mobile service plan.
1. How to know if I am eligible for the service?
- You must be a StarHub mobile postpaid voice and data subscriber with non-MultiSIM plan
- You must have a valid Hub iD to activate and log in to the application service
- You must be using an Android or iOS mobile device
2. Do I need a new SIM to enjoy this service?
No. You can use 2-in-1 LINE with your existing SIM.
3. Can I sign up if I'm on prepaid service?
No. Currently the 2-in-1 LINE service is only available for StarHub mobile postpaid customers.
4. Is 2-in-1 LINE supported across all mobile lines and services from StarHub?
No. Data plans such as MaxMobile Lite, MaxMobile Value & MaxMobile Premium are not supported.
1. How do I activate and download the 2-in-1 LINE app/service?
One-time service activation is required via http://bit.ly/2in1LINE. You can then proceed to download the 2-in-1 LINE app from App Store or Google Play. Once activation is successfully verified, you will receive an SMS confirmation. Then, you can log in using your Hub iD and enjoy the service.
2. I forgot my Hub iD password / I don’t have a Hub iD account – What do I do?
You can manage your Hub iD, password or sign up for a new Hub iD account here
3. Can I choose the number of my 2-in-1 LINE?
Yes. You can choose your preferred number from a list of available 2-in-1 LINE numbers during the activation process. However, you cannot customize your own number.
4. Can I convert or use an existing secondary StarHub mobile number/line to apply for this 2-in-1 LINE service?
No, currently 2-in-1 LINE is a stand-alone value-added service (VAS) that needs to be activated with a StarHub primary mobile line. Hence, a one-time activation of the service via Hub iD is required. During the sign-up flow, if you have multiple StarHub mobile lines which are eligible, you can choose which mainline to activate the 2-in-1 LINE service.
5. Can I request for more than one 2-in-1 LINE number?
Yes, only if you have more than one eligible StarHub postpaid mobile number. This means that you can associate only one 2-in-1 LINE number to each of your StarHub postpaid mobile number.
6. Can I change or replace my 2-in-1 LINE number?
No, once you have successfully chosen the 2-in-1 LINE number and activated the service, you will not be able to change your 2-in-1 LINE number.
7. I did not receive the SMS confirmation. My activation wasn’t successful, what do I do?
Please contact our customer support via https://www.starhub.com/personal/forms/onlinefeedback.html
8. How long does it take for my 2-in-1 LINE to be activated?
Please allow up to 24 hours for activation. You will be notified via a SMS confirmation once the activation of your 2-in-1 LINE number is successfully completed.
- How can I differentiate incoming calls to my primary line or 2-in-1 LINE?
All incoming calls to your 2-in-1 LINE number will be displayed with an ‘1133’ prefix to identify that the call is made to your 2-in-1 LINE number
- What about outgoing calls from my primary line or 2-in-1 LINE?
To make a call from your primary line, simply call as per normal via your native dialler. Recipients will see your primary line. To make a call from your 2-in-1 LINE, simply call from the app. Recipient will see your 2-in-1 LINE number.
- Can I differentiate my phone contacts from my 2-in-1 LINE contacts?
Yes, 2-in-1 LINE has a separate contacts list or address phonebook in the app. You can maintain two separate contacts phonebook for the two mobile numbers. You can also selectively import/save a contact from your native contacts phonebook into the 2-in-1 LINE app’s address phonebook.
- Can I call foreign numbers with my 2-in-1 LINE?
Yes, just call as per normal from within the app with the respective country code and destination number. Note that standard voice, local/international SMS and data rates may apply based on mainline subscription tariff plans.
- I have special IDD calling rates with my main line. Will I be able to enjoy these benefits also when I am using my 2-in-1 LINE?
Yes, similar international calling rates will apply. 2-in-1 LINE also supports the IDD 008 service.
- If I am not subscribed to Caller Number Display, what will be the display if I receive calls to my 2-in-1 LINE?
The behaviour will be similarly as per your mainline subscription
- I currently have MultiSIM StarHub service; will I still receive calls from my 2-in-1 LINE across all my phones?
No, currently, the service is not supported for MultiSIM users.
- Can I make HD Voice or HD Voice+ calls using 2-in-1 LINE?
No, currently HD Voice and HD Voice+ are not supported for 2-in-1 LINE.
- How do I block selected callers?
You can manage this by navigating to the saved contact details screen. Simply turn on the ‘Block this Caller’ feature. Once this function is turned on, the blocked user will be directed to your voicemail. You can also choose or set a customized voicemail greeting for each blocked callers.
- Can I block all calls to my 2-in-1 LINE number?
Yes, you can enable the ‘Do Not Disturb’ feature under the Settings tab. All calls will be directed to your 2-in-1 LINE voicemail.
- I have the voicemail enabled on my main line; will it still work if I sign up for the
2-in-1 LINE service?
Yes, the 2-in-1 LINE service has its own voice mailbox settings which is independent of the voicemail enabled on your main StarHub LINE
*Not applicable for MultiSIM
- How do I listen to my voice mail messages?
To retrieve voice mail messages deposited to your 2-in-1 LINE, simply tap to play and listen to the selected voicemails under the Voicemail Tab.
- How do I set customized voicemail greetings?
You can choose from a default voicemail greeting list under the Settings > Voicemail Greetings Tab or simply record your own. Alternatively, you can also personalize for each contact by navigating under each saved Contact Info screen.
- Can I have the same voicemail on both the main line and 2-in-1 LINE?
No, they are two separate voice mailboxes with settings independent of the other.
- I do not want my 2-in-1 LINE calls to be diverted to voicemail. Can I disable voicemail for 2-in-1 LINE?
No, currently 2-in-1 LINE voicemail feature cannot be disabled as visual voicemail is a part of the core service features. Note that only voicemails deposited to your 2-in-1 LINE number will be playable within the 2-in-1 LINE app. Voicemails deposited to your primary number will remain retrievable from 1303.
- Can I send SMS to foreign numbers with my 2-in-1 LINE?
Yes, just send as per normal from within the app with the respective country code and destination number. Note that the standard global SMS rates apply based on mainline subscription tariff plans.
- Can I receive/send SMS via my 2-in-1 LINE when I am overseas or using an overseas SIM card?
Yes, you can still receive incoming SMS to your 2-in-1 LINE number. You can also reply to the SMS via the 2-in-1 LINE app if you have an active cellular data/Wi-Fi connection. Note that standard international/roaming SMS rates apply based on mainline subscription tariff plans.
- Can I send and receive SMS over Wi-Fi?
Yes, you can still send outgoing SMS and receive incoming SMS if you’re on Wi-Fi. Note that standard local/international SMS apply based on mainline subscription tariff plans.
- Why must I turn on Location Services to send SMS?
Location services needs to be enabled to determine your current location so that the SMS can be delivered successfully be it local or overseas.
- Does the service require data? Will there be additional charges for data usage?
Yes, usage of the app requires data connection. There will be no additional charges for data usage. Standard data rates apply based on mainline subscription tariff plans.
- Does 2-in- 1 LINE works on Wi-Fi?
You can still send outgoing SMS and receive incoming SMS if you’re on Wi-Fi. Note that standard local/international SMS apply based on mainline subscription tariff plans.
However, your SIM card has to be active (the primary number that has been activated with 2-in-1 LINE) on your mobile device to be able to make outgoing and receive incoming calls. Note that 2-in-1 LINE calls are not VOIP calls.
Therefore, for instance, if you’re on Airplane Mode with Wi-Fi connection, you are able to send and receive SMS but incoming & outgoing calls will not be available; similar behaviour as per your primary line/number.
- Can I use my 2-in-1 LINE outside of Singapore (Roaming)?
You are reachable at your 2-in-1 LINE outside of Singapore; you can still receive calls and SMS. However, you are not able to make outgoing calls as the overseas operators will not be able to recognize the ‘1133’ prefix. You can continue to send SMS if you have cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. Note that standard SMS roaming rates apply.
- Does the 2-in-1 LINE service also works for GlobalRoam *108*?
No, the 2-in-1 LINE service is currently not optimized for GlobalRoam *108* as USSD codes are not supported in-app.
- Can I send SMS using 2-in-1 LINE while roaming?
Yes, if there is an active cellular data connection and standard SMS roaming rates apply.
- Can I make outgoing calls using 2-in-1 LINE while roaming?
Currently no, as the overseas network operators will not be able to recognize the ‘1133’ prefix.
- How will 2-in-1 LINE usage be displayed on my StarHub bill?
Once the 2-in-1 LINE service is successfully activated, your monthly bill will reflect a “Add 2-in-1 LINE (100% Disc:3Mth)”under the Value-added Services section.
For itemized call details, the 2-in-1 LINE usages will have corresponding separate block headers. For instance:
- Local - Outgoing (2-in-1 LINE)
- IDD 018 Calls (2-in-1 LINE)
- IDD 008 Calls (2-in-1 LINE)
- Global Messages (2-in-1 LINE)
- How can I cancel my 2-in-1 LINE account?
You can navigate to in-app ‘Settings’ and click ‘Cancel Account’. Enter your Hub iD password to confirm account cancellation. Once the verification is successful, you will receive a SMS confirmation and you will lose your 2-in-1 LINE number and all information associated with it including voicemail messages, SMS, contacts etc. There is also a quarantine period of 3 months before you can re-sign up for the service using the same primary mobile line.
- Is there a minimum contract period before I can terminate the 2-in-1 LINE service?
No, after successful activation, you can self-terminate the service via in-app Settings > Cancel Account > Enter Hub iD Password to confirm account cancellation. Alternatively, you can also contact StarHub to terminate the service.
- If I cancel my 2-in-1 LINE, could I have it back in the future? Will I get the same number?
You can re-activate 2-in-1 LINE again after the 3-months quarantine period but you will not be able to retain the same number.
- If I cancel my main StarHub mobile line, can I still use the 2-in-1 LINE?
No, your 2-in-1 LINE is tied to your main StarHub number. If the main line is cancelled, your 2-in-1 LINE service will also be terminated.
- If I port my main line to another operator, can I keep my 2-in-1 LINE?
No, the 2-in-1 LINE service is exclusive for StarHub mobile postpaid subscribers only.
- Is the 2-in-1 LINE service transferable?
No, 2-in-1 LINE is not transferable and it will only be tied to the main number that you assigned with 2-in-1 LINE.
- Can I convert my 2-in-1 LINE into a regular StarHub LINE with its mobile and its SIM features?
No. 2-in-1 LINE is an additional value-added service and cannot be converted as your main StarHub number.
- If I change my StarHub primary line number, can I continue to use my 2-in-1 LINE number?
Yes. You can still use your 2-in-1 LINE number even though the primary line mobile number has changed. However, you cannot change your existing 2-in-1 LINE number.
- If I transfer my StarHub primary line to a business registered number, can I continue to use the 2-in-1 LINE number?
No, currently 2-in-1 LINE service is not supported for business registered numbers. Please terminate your 2-in-1 LINE prior to the transfer. Once successfully terminated, you will lose your 2-in-1 LINE number and all information associated with it including in-app call logs, contacts, voicemail messages & SMS content.
- If I transfer my StarHub primary line to a third party, can the third party continue to use the 2-in-1 LINE number?
No, 2-in-1 LINE number cannot be transferred to a third party.
- Can I use 2-in-1 LINE to sign up for chat/messaging apps ?
Yes. You can sign up for these apps using your 2-in-1 LINE number if the verification code sent by the app is an SMS/call. This means that the Call/SMS verification code will be sent to and received from your 2-in-1 LINE number. Once the verification is successful, you can setup your profile account. You do not need to reveal your main number to use these chat applications.
- Can I use my 2-in-1 LINE number to subscribe for Premium SMS/SMS info updates?
No, currently short code for SMS info updates & Premium SMS are not supported.
- Can I send/receive MMS using 2-in-1 LINE?
No. Currently, the 2-in-1 LINE service does not support MMS or other rich content.
- What happens if a sender sends a MMS to my 2-in-1 LINE number?
You will receive a notification SMS “Sorry, rich content such as WAP, MMS & other binary messages are currently not supported for 2-in-1 LINE.”
- How do I report a bug/issue encountered in the app?
In the app, Go to the Settings tab > Contact StarHub > 2in1LINE.email@example.com
You can report any issues encountered or share your feedback about the service along with relevant screenshots.
- Can I download and use 2-in-1 LINE app on a separate mobile device?
Yes, the app can be downloaded across multiple supported devices on iOS & Android. Note that you can only be logged in to one Hub iD account session per device. You can continue to send outgoing SMS and receive incoming SMS across supported mobile devices.
However, outgoing and incoming calls to your 2-in-1 LINE number is dependent on the active SIM card in which the primary line was activated with 2-in-1 LINE. This means that only the mobile device with the 2-in-1 LINE activated SIM card will ring if you receive an incoming call to your 2-in-1 LINE number.
- Does 2-in-1 LINE support Connecting Tones?
No, currently Connecting Tones is not supported in this version.
- Does 2-in-1 LINE works with O.N.E Phone?
No, currently 2-in-1 LINE does not support O.N.E Phone users.