4G LTE FAQ
1. What is 4G LTE / 3G DC-HSPA+?
4G LTE and 3G DC-HSPA+ are known as 4th Generation Long Term Evolution and 3rd Generation Dual Cell High-Speed Packet Access Plus, respectively. 4G LTE and 3G DC-HSPA+ offer peak download speed of up to 75Mbps and 42Mbps, respectively. Both networks enable customers to enjoy bandwidth intensive content such as mobile TV, video and music streaming, cloud services and social networking, among others.
2. How can I enjoy 4G LTE or 3G DC-HSPA+ service?
Customer will require a LTE or DC-HSPA+ mobile device and appropriate mobile plan to enjoy the service. For example, to enjoy 4G LTE service, customer will need to have a LTE handset or LTE dongle and subscribe to any SmartSurf HD / SmartSurf mobile plan, or MaxMobile Elite (2GB/6GB/11GB) Datapack plan.
3. What will happen if I move into an area with no 4G LTE coverage?
In areas where 4G LTE has not been deployed, subscribers of SmartSurf/ SmartSuf HD mobile plans or MaxMobile Elite (2GB/6GB/11GB) plans will be seamlessly switched to DC-HSPA+ or 3G connectivity.
4. Can I use a 4G LTE handset/tablet/dongle bought overseas to work on StarHub’s 4G LTE network?
StarHub’s 4G LTE service operates on 1800MHz and 2600MHz spectrum. Hence, some overseas 4G LTE mobile devices may not be compatible with our 4G network.
5. Can I enjoy 4G LTE service while roaming overseas?
Yes. you can enjoy 4G coverage in selected countries and network operators. View the full list of 4G Roaming networks.
6. How can I tell if I am connected to 4G LTE or DC-HSPA+?
When you are connected on 4G LTE network, your mobile will show “4G” or “LTE” while DC-HSPA+ connection, it will show you “H+” or “3G”.
7. Why is my phone showing 3G when I am within 4G coverage?
Current 4G smartphones or devices only initiate change from 3G to 4G during idling stage. If you are currently streaming video via 3G network, you will automatically be switched to 4G when you had finished your video session.