How can we help you today?
Linksys Router Firmware Upgrade
You can check the version of the firmware from the Linksys app:
- For EA8100: 184.108.40.206018
- For EA7500: 220.127.116.11018
Alternatively, if you can go to the web GUI with IP 192.168.10.1, it also means that the firmware has already been upgraded.
If only some of your devices are not able to surf, please reboot the router again. Some devices may still cache on the old gateway IP 192.168.1.1.
After the firmware upgrade, the router IP has been changed to 192.168.10.1, if you are using static IP in your client, please set the following in your client:
- Client device IP: 192.168.10.x (x is the number between 2 - 254)
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default gateway: 192.168.10.1
- DNS: 192.168.10.1
If you encounter the situation described above, please go through the following steps to go around it:
- Unplug any LAN cables connected to the router.
- Connect laptop to the router via WLAN or LAN cable (only router & PC in the network).
- On browser, go to 192.168.10.1, downgrade the firmware by going to Troubleshooting > Diagnostics > Restore Previous Firmware.
- After the router rebooted, check the firmware version is downgraded: EA8100: 18.104.22.168233
- EA7500: 22.214.171.124281
- Plug previously connected LAN cables back one by one.
- Make sure internet is connected and Web GUI is accessible.