How to Pick the Best StarHub Postpaid Plan for you?
Having trouble choosing the right mobile plan for your needs? We're here to help!
Nowadays, a mobile plan is essential if you want to get the best value out of your smartphone. But as easy as it sounds on paper, where things often get tricky when we have to pick one.
How do you tell which mobile plan is the best for you? What features and value-adds should you be looking out for?
Well, if these questions have ever crossed your mind, fret not - here's a quick guide to point you in the right direction.
What type of mobile phone user are you?
- I’m a regular caller and texter
If you're frequently sending texts and making calls, then your mobile plan should focus on talktime and SMS messages, both of which are offered as part of our Mobile+ and SIM Only plans.
Plus, if the need arises, you can even upsize your plan for more of those - no contract or activation fees required.
- I’m a heavy mobile data user
If you're mostly using your smartphone to stream content, play online games or connect with your family and friends through social media apps such as Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, then a mobile plan with more data is better for you.
What’s the best value deal for you?
That depends on what you're primarily using your smartphone for. Accordingly, here are some things you'll want to keep an eye on when browsing through different mobile plans:
- Number of calls and texts: Choose between unlimited or more SMS/calls depending on your needs. Be sure to keep your budget in mind, though - having more SMS/calls naturally means higher costs.
- Data allocation: Choose a plan that will cover your data needs for each month. Keeping an eye on your social media and online usage habits can help simplify this.
- Plan freebies and inclusions: All our mobile plans come with freebies; but the specifics vary from plan to plan. Generally, for Mobile+ plans, they include free incoming calls & Number Caller Display, as well as free limited StarHub TV+, Disney+ and Netflix subscriptions, among other value-adds. Meanwhile, SIM Only plans come with free incoming calls only.
What are your other preferences?
- Do you need a new handset?
With the Mobile+ plan, it’s possible to get a new smartphone without paying for a new handset. However, this depends on your chosen handset since sometimes a cash-out is needed.
- Are you okay with having a lock-in period?
Lock-in periods are typically for mobile plans that include a new handset, such as the Mobile+ 2-year plans. You will be able to enjoy a lower device cost and additional perks in your plan such as Disney+ on us, free GeForce NOW subscriptions, and more!
- Do you prefer to have the flexibility without the contract?
If you have your own device and prefer not to have a contract binding plan, our SIM Only plans are perfect. Enjoy higher data usage with blazing speed and responsiveness with our SIM Only plans. Still need a new device? Add on EasyGo to enjoy extra savings on your dream phone and pay in bite-sized monthly instalments!
So, now that you have a better idea of what to look out for, why not head over to our Online Store?