FAQs for Netflix
- What is Netflix?
Netflix is a global provider of on-demand streaming movies and TV series and their service was officially launched in Singapore in January 2016.
- What are the charges for Netflix?
Netflix is a subscription-based video-on-demand streaming service with 3 price plans:
- Basic $10.98/month for standard definition and 1 concurrent screen
- Standard $13.98/month for high definition and 2 concurrent screens
- Premium $16.98/month for ultra-high definition and 4 concurrent screens
New users of Netflix and rejoining customers who cancelled their service for more than 10 months can sign-up to enjoy 1 free month of trial and can cancel anytime without long-term contracts or cancellation fees.
- What can I use to stream content on Netflix?
You can watch content on Netflix instantly from any Internet browser or any Internet-connected device using the Netflix app such as a computer, gaming console, DVD or Blue-ray player, HDTV, set-top box, home theatre system, phone or tablet.
- How many devices can I use Netflix on at the same time?
The number of devices that may be allowed to watch simultaneously will depend on your membership plan.
- How fast does my Internet need to be to stream content on Netflix?
The minimum required connection speed is 0.5Mbps, but you may want a faster connection for improved video quality.
The recommended Internet download speed per stream are as follows:
- 0.5 Mbps - Required broadband connection speed
- 1.5 Mbps - Recommended broadband connection speed
- 3.0 Mbps - Recommended for SD quality
- 5.0 Mbps - Recommended for HD quality
- 25 Mbps - Recommended for Ultra HD quality
- Can I watch Netflix on my StarHub TV set-top box?
StarHub Fibre TV customers can access Netflix on Ch 525 or Ch 899 (Apps) on the Fibre TV Set-Top Box. Customers will be required to sign-up for Netflix or login with their account credentials if they are current subscribers of Netflix.
StarHub Cable TV customers will not be able to watch Netflix on their set-top box.
- Who can sign up for Netflix through StarHub bill?
StarHub Postpaid customers on residential plans can sign up for Netflix and bill their subscription to their StarHub Postpaid bills (Mobile/ TV/ Broadband/Digital Voice).
This service is currently not available for prepaid or non-residential customers, e.g. Corporate plans.
- How do I sign up for Netflix with StarHub?
StarHub Fibre TV customers can tune to Ch 525 or Ch 899 to sign up via the Netflix app. To bill your Netflix subscription via StarHub, please select StarHub Bill during the payment method selection.
Alternatively, you can sign up for Netflix via www.starhub.com/netflix and select a StarHub billing account to bill your Netflix subscription.
- How do I sign up for Netflix with StarHub billing if I am an existing customer with Netflix?
If you are an existing customer with Netflix, you will need to cancel your subscription with Netflix first in order to sign up with StarHub.
- Why can’t I bill my Netflix subscription via StarHub Billing?
It may be because you are not eligible to bill your Netflix subscription via StarHub. For more information, please refer to the Terms & Conditions.
- Will I see a charge on my StarHub bill during the free trial?
Yes, there will be a $0 charge on your StarHub bill as shown in the below example:
- How will the Netflix subscription be reflected on my StarHub bill?
The Netflix subscription will be reflected under the “Others – Third Party Services” section on your bill. Your corresponding plan type (Netflix 1 screen/Netflix 2 screens/Netflix 4 screens) will be reflected under the “Itemised Usage Details” section.
- Will I be subjected to an additional 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) if I charge my Netflix subscription via StarHub bill?
There will be no additional 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) charged and it is the same price as signing up directly with Netflix.
- Why is the transaction date on my StarHub bill different from the start date of the Netflix subscription?
There may be a slight difference in the transaction date on your StarHub bill due to the scheduled system process. For clarify, please refer to Your Account page for the start and end dates.
- How do I cancel my Netflix subscription?
To cancel your Netflix subscription, go to the Your Account page and click the Cancel Membership link.
- Am I entitled to a refund if I wish to terminate the Netflix subscription early?
As Netflix is a prepaid service, if you terminate your subscription early, you will be able to stream until the end of the prepaid period.
- What happens to my Netflix service when my StarHub TV service is suspended voluntarily or involuntarily?StarHub Fibre TV customers will not be able to watch your Netflix service using their set-top box if their StarHub TV service is suspended. However, you can continue to view your Netflix service directly on other supported browsers or devices.
StarHub Fibre TV
- How do I access Netflix on my Fibre TV Set-Top Box?
You can tune to Ch 525 or Ch 899 (Apps) to access the Netflix app and login with your account credentials.
- Can I block access to Netflix for my StarHub TV subscription?
Yes, you can block access by activating Parental Lock by selecting Ch 525 under Channels or Netflix under Ch 899 (Apps). To access Parental Control, press Menu and go to Settings.
- Will I incur mobile data charges when I stream content on Netflix with my device?
Yes, mobile data used to stream content on Netflix with your mobile device will count towards your existing data allowance of your mobile plan.
- How much mobile data does Netflix
Watching movies or TV shows on Netflix uses about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video.