- How I get to enjoy 4G data/internet access on my prepaid?
To enjoy 4G speed, a 4G supported device is required and a 4G booster needs to be activated via *123*3*4#
- What is 4G LTE / 3G DC-HSPA+?
4G LTE and 3G DC-HSPA+ are known as 4th Generation Long Term Evolution and 3rd Generation Dual Cell High-Speed Packet Access Plus, respectively. 4G LTE and 3G DC-HSPA+ offer peak download speed of up to 75Mbps and 42Mbps, respectively. Both networks enable customers to enjoy bandwidth intensive content such as mobile TV, video and music streaming, cloud services and social networking, among others.
- How can I enjoy 4G LTE or 3G DC-HSPA+ service?
Customer will require a LTE or DC-HSPA+ mobile device and Prepaid 4G Booster plan to enjoy the service. For example, to enjoy 4G LTE service, customer will need to have a LTE handset or LTE dongle and activate a 4G Booster via *123*3*4# via their prepaid mobile.
- What will happen if I move into an area with no 4G LTE coverage?
In areas where 4G LTE has not been deployed, users will be seamlessly switched to DC-HSPA+ or 3G connectivity.
- How can I tell if I am connected to 4G LTE or DC-HSPA+?
When you are connected on 4G LTE network, your mobile will show “4G” or “LTE” while DC-HSPA+ connection, it will show you “H+” or “3G”.
- Why is my phone showing 3G when I am within 4G coverage?
Current 4G smartphones or devices only initiate change from 3G to 4G during idling stage. If you are currently streaming video via 3G network, you will automatically be switched to 4G when you had finished your video session.
- I have a LTE device and 4G booster plan is activated successfully, why am I not able to logon to 4G network?
On your device, under settings > mobile networks/data, ensure that the Access Point Name (APN) “shppd” is selected. Once the APN is selected correctly, you should be able to logon to 4G network.