*4G Plans have been ceased on 31 August 2017.
1. Why has StarHub launched the 4G plans?
We have launched the 4G plans to support the faster and advanced smartphones in Singapore. The plans have been designed for these customers who demand 4G data connectivity of up to 300Mbps and high-quality 4G voice calls on our 4G LTE-Advanced network. Existing customers can stay on their current plan without renewing the contract.
2. Do customers of the 4G plans need to pay more in order to enjoy 4G speeds of up to 300Mbps?
No, the 4G plans come bundled with 4G data access speeds of up to 300Mbps. The 4G plans can support speeds of up to 150Mbps in areas without 4G 300Mbps coverage.
3. Do customers need to change any setting on their phone in order to enjoy 4G LTE-Advanced speeds?
No, as long as the customer is on a 4G plan with a handset that supports 4G LTE-Advanced speeds (300Mbps or 150Mbps).
4. What is HD Voice+?
Based on Voice over LTE (VoLTE) technology, HD Voice+ delivers crystal clear phone call quality with reduced background noise and quicker call set-up time over StarHub’s nationwide 4G network. While on a HD Voice+ call, users will be able to access mobile data services at 4G speeds, simultaneously. StarHub has switched on HD Voice+ across all its 4G mobile base stations since June 2014.
5. Is HD Voice+ chargeable? Is there a subscription fee for HD Voice+?
No, there is no subscription fee for HD Voice+. As with normal voice calls, HD Voice+ call usage will be deducted from your talktime bundle. Thereafter, excess talktime usage charge applies.
6. Who can use HD Voice+?
HD Voice+ is exclusively available for 4G and SmartSurf HD customers who use a StarHub tested HD Voice+ handset model.
7. How would I know that the HD Voice+ is active?
If you are using HD Voice+ supported handset, your phone will display the “4G” or “LTE” icon when you are making HD Voice+ calls.
8. What will happen to my HD Voice+ call when my phone switches from 4G to 3G?
Your call will continue seamlessly even if your phone were to switch from 4G to 3G.
9. Is mobile data required for HD Voice+ calls?
Mobile data is required to make HD Voice+ calls but it will not count towards your data bundle. The mobile data used for HD Voice+ calls is free-of-charge and will not be deducted from your data bundle.
10. Is HD Voice+ available for subscribers with MultiSIM?
Not at this moment. We are working to enable HD Voice+ for 4G and SmartSurf HD customers with MultiSIM in the future.
11. Can customers get Wi-Fi access with the new 4G plans?
StarHub customers can connect to Wireless@SG Wi-Fi hotspots to enjoy free wireless Internet access at more than 1800 locations. As an added convenience for StarHub Mobile customers, they can seamlessly connect to these Wireless@SG hotspots through SIM-based authentication, after performing a one-time setup on a supported mobile device. For details, please refer to www.starhub.com/wsg.