Direct Carrier Billing Service - The App Store and iTunes FAQ
General Service Information
Direct Carrier Billing Service is a Collect on Behalf Service offered by StarHub that allows StarHub Postpaid Mobile Subscribers to make purchases on ) the App Store, Apple Music and iTunes and charge it to their monthly bill.
No. This service is only available to StarHub Postpaid Mobile - Consumer subscribers.
- Type of Content: the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, iCloud storage etc.
- In-app Purchases
This Service is governed by StarHub’s service specific terms for Billing and/or Collection on behalf of Third Party Application Stores Service found on StarHub Corporate Website.
By enabling this service on Apple you agree to these Terms of Service itunes.com/bill.
Personal data you’ve given to us as your mobile operator can only be accessed by us.
Refer to Apple Data Privacy terms for any personal data you may have disclosed to them during setup of Apple account.
Customers may spend a minimum of $50 worth of digital goods/content in any calendar month and such amount applies to all Application Stores / Service Providers.
The monthly spending limit is determined by StarHub, is FIXED and cannot be changed unless otherwise approved by StarHub.
The monthly spending limit will, however, be reset on the first day of each calendar month.
Customers can switch to alternative payment methods to complete their purchases.
Yes, you can charge to another StarHub mobile number:
- Access to the App store, scroll to the bottom and select your Apple ID.
- Select ‘View Apple ID’
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password
- Select ‘Payment Information’ and click ‘Done’.
- Select ‘Mobile Phone’ and then ‘Use Different Mobile Number’
- Enter the mobile number you wish to charge your purchases to
- Fill in Account information and click ‘Next’. A verification code will be sent to you.
- Once the code has been verified, you will be returned to the Account screen.
- Select ‘Done’ and you are now ready to make purchases!
Bill Presentation or Charges on StarHub Bill
All charges will appear under the Mobile Service used at the time of purchase.
Transactions will appear under a section called:
“Itemised Usage Details -> Collect of Behalf Goods/Services”
Apple transactions will appear under sub-section: “Apple iTunes Store”.
Transaction details will include following details:
- Date and time of purchase
- iTunes order ID
StarHub will not charge additional GST on top of the list price.
Switching of Payment Method or Removal of Collect on Behalf Service
Yes. You can switch to another payment method at the time of purchase.
When you switch to another mobile operator, you would need to go through the process of setting up this payment method for Apple.
If the carrier that you switch to has not enabled this service, then you won't be able to use this payment option anymore.
Yes. Once you have set up the mobile billing payment option on your Apple ID, all purchases made via PC or other Apple devices logged in with the same Apple ID will charged through Collect on Behalf (or Direct Carrier Billing).
Refund/Waiver of Charges
Yes, it is a pre-requisite to have a valid Apple ID even though you don´t want to use the email function. You will receive an email receipt/invoice from Apple after each purchase/refund transaction. The email receipt contains detailed information regarding the transaction for your future reference.
Yes, you must be connected to Internet via mobile data or WiFi.
Yes. Data charges are applicable when browsing the marketplace and downloading the applications. Kindly note that if the service is used while abroad, data roaming charges are applicable.
Top 5 questions:
- 1. I am travelling overseas, how can I activate roaming or manage data?
- 2. How do I pay my bills online?
- 3. How do I check the speed of my broadband connection?
- 4. How do I check the balance on my prepaid card?
- 5. I am moving house, how do I migrate all of my StarHub services to the new residential address?