1Gbps Network FAQ
The typical download speed indicates what mobile users are likely to experience around 80% of the time and is illustrated on the mobile broadband speed page.
Based on StarHub’s measurement using Cat 16 device supporting up to 1Gbps using Ookla Speedtest application. Tests will be conducted later once Cat18 (supporting up to 1.2Gbps) devices are available.
The typical download speed range represents what a customer is likely to experience in actual conditions when accessing mobile Internet. A customer’s experience with download speed will vary as there are many factors that can affect the download speed such as:
- Location and time of accessing
- Amount of network traffic and coverage
- Accessing on the move or in stationary position
- Performance of the handset/ handset used
- Web servers condition of websites and other external factors
- Environmental factors such as built-up area
All StarHub customers on the Lite/XS/S/M/L/XL plans have been upgraded and will be able to enjoy the speed of up to 1Gbps immediately as some sites are already on-air. However, customers must use a supported handset and be located within the network coverage area in order to enjoy the 4G Gigabit speed.
StarHub 4G Gigabit network was deployed in Marina Bay and now covers key shopping belts, transport hubs and heartland town centres, including Central Business District, Chinatown, Bedok, Bishan, Clarke Quay, Clementi, Orchard Road and Tampines at street level. StarHub will extend coverage to other high-traffic areas progressively.
Please see below for the list of handsets that support the 4G Gigabit service in Singapore:
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9+
- Upcoming Sony Xperia XZ2
Due to different 4G technology adopted by different operators around the world, your 4G smartphone might be configured to run only on a specific country's 4G network and thus not compatible with StarHub's 4G Gigabit network.
No. StarHub customers will get to enjoy the speed upgrade (up to 1Gbps) for free as long as you are on StarHub’s mobile postpaid Lite/XS/S/M/L/XL plans.
Only StarHub customers on the Lite/XS/S/M/L/XL mobile plans are able to enjoy the benefits of 4G Gigabit network. Those on existing legacy plans will need to upgrade to these new plans before they can enjoy the benefits. Customer must use a supported handset and be located within the coverage area.
Top 5 questions:
- 1. I am travelling overseas, how can I activate roaming or manage data?
- 2. How do I pay my bills online?
- 3. How do I check the speed of my broadband connection?
- 4. How do I check the balance on my prepaid card?
- 5. I am moving house, how do I migrate all of my StarHub services to the new residential address?