1. What is DataTravel?
DataTravel is a roaming data plan which offers (i) 2GB for $15 or (ii) 3GB for $20, both valid for 30 days upon purchase. DataTravel is supported in all the mobile networks in Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, ChinaNEW, JapanNEW and MacauNEW (excluding Telkomsel in Indonesia). The roaming data bundled purchased can be used across the supported countries during the validity periods. DataTravel is valid from 1 December 2016 to 30 June 2017.
2. How do I purchase the DataTravel plan?
Step 1: Ensure that you are subscribed to International Roaming (IR) OR Pay-As-You-Roam (PAYR) service. For more details, visit starhub.com/roaming
1. For IR, SMS IR<Space>Add<Space>NRIC to 6773.
2. For PAYR, SMS PAYR<Space>Add<Space>NRIC to 6773.
*Please ensure that the NRIC that you have typed in belongs to the main StarHub account holder.
Step 2: Activate DataTravel plan via either one of the following options:
SMS DT2 to 6818 for DataTravel 2GB at $15 for 30 days
SMS DT3 to 6818 for DataTravel 3GB at $20 for 30 days
Dial *100# and select option 5 to purchase the respective
For business customers, please contact your company's
authorized officer to purchase DataTravel.
Step 3: Ensure that Data Roaming and Mobile Data are enabled. Once done, you are ready to use the DataTravel plan.
1. Dial *100*54830# to enable Data Roam service.
2. When overseas, go to your phone settings to ensure Data
Roaming and Mobile Data are enabled.
3. Who can purchase the DataTravel plan?
All StarHub Mobile postpaid customers, including customers under Corporate Incentive Scheme (CIS) and business customers who are subscribed to either International Roaming or Pay-As-You-Roam are eligible for DataTravel plan. Customers on RoamEasy Monthly 400MB, RoamEasy Monthly 1GB, BlackBerry Unlimited DataRoam VAS, Monthly DataRoam Value, Monthly DataRoam Premium, Unlimited DataRoam Ultimate, and customized enterprise plans are not eligible to purchase DataTravel plans.
4. Do I need to activate any roaming service to subscribe to DataTravel?
Yes, you need to subscribe to International Roaming or Pay-As-You-Roam service before you can purchase DataTravel. For more details, visit starhub.com/roaming
5. Can I purchase the DataTravel plan while I am also subscribed to RoamEasy Daily?
Yes, you can. When travelling to DataTravel supported destinations, the data usage will first be offset from the DataTravel plan till it is fully utilized or expired. Once DataTravel plan is fully utilized or expired, the data usage will offset from the RoamEasy Daily plan.
6. Can I purchase the DataTravel plan while I am also subscribed to RoamEasy Monthly 400MB/1GB or BlackBerry DataRoam Unlimited?
No, you are not eligible to purchase DataTravel 2GB/3GB.
7. I have purchased the DataTravel and DataTravel Unlimited or RoamEasy Daily plans, how would the data be consumed when roaming in the supported destinations?
The data usage will first be offset from DataTravel plan till it is fully utilized or expired. Once DataTravel plan is fully utilized or expired, the data usage will offset from the RoamEasy Daily or DataTravel Unlimited plan.
8. What are the destinations and mobile networks which support DataTravel?
DataTravel is applicable in all the supported mobile networks in the following 12 countries: Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, ChinaNEW, JapanNEW and MacauNEW (excluding Telkomsel in Indonesia). You will be automatically connected and no manual selection of network is required. Please refer to starhub.com/datatravel for the list of non-supported mobile network operators.
9. What happens to the unused data in my DataTravel plan if I did not manage to fully utilise it within the 30 days?
Any unused data will be forfeited after the validity period.
10. I have unused data in my DataTravel plan and has purchased another DataTravel plan, can the unused data be accumulated?
Yes, any unused data from the existing DataTravel plan will be added to the additional DataTravel plan purchased within the validity period.
11. Can I extend my DataTravel validity if I have purchased additional DataTravel plan?
Yes, the expiry of the remaining data will be extended by 30 days from the date of the last purchase of the DataTravel plan. For example, if the current expiry date is on 10 December 2016, and a new DataTravel plan is purchased on 1 Dec 16, then the expiry date will be on 31 December 2016.
12. Can I purchase DataTravel now but only start the validity at a later date, at the day/time of travel?
No. The validity of DataTravel plan will start from the time of successful purchase.
13. When will the DataTravel plan expire if I have purchased a 2GB plan on 1 December 2016 and another 3GB plan on 5 December 2016?
Your data bundle under the DataTravel plan will expire on 4 January 2017, 30 days from the date of last purchase.
14. Can I purchase a combination of DataTravel 2GB and DataTravel 3GB?
Yes, you can purchase a 2GB plan and 3GB plan at the same time. The total data bundle will be added together.
15. How do I check the balance data or expiry date of my DataTravel plan?
You can check the balance or expiry date via the following:
SMS Check to 6818
Dial *100# and select option 5
16. Will I receive notification on the balance data or expiry date of my DataTravel plan?
You will be notified via SMS:
When the DataTravel balance is left with 500MB, 200MB and at full utilization. And at 24 hours before expiry, 1 hour before expiry and at point of expiry.
17. What will happen after the DataTravel plan has expired or when the data in the DataTravel plan has been fully utilized?
Once the data bundle in your DataTravel plan has been fully utilized or has expired, we will offset the data usage against prevailing RoamEasy Daily or DataTravel Unlimited plan. You may also wish to purchase another DataTravel 2GB/3GB plan.
18. How do I pay for a DataTravel plan?
Upon successful purchase of a DataTravel plan, customers will be charged and it will be reflected in the current month’s bill. There will be no refund of unused, expired data roam bundles from DataTravel.
19. I have subscribed the Pay-As-You-Roam service, will I incur an additional 20% surcharge for DataTravel?
There is no 20% surcharge for Pay-As-You-Roam customers.
20. Do I need to terminate my DataTravel if I am not using it?
No, you do not need to terminate the DataTravel plan when not in use. DataTravel plan is valid for 30 calendar days from the date of last purchase, hence you can continue to use any unused data within the validity period.
21. I have accidentally purchased a DataTravel plan, can I cancel and get refund for it?
No, unfortunately, you are not able to cancel the purchase.
22. I purchased a DataTravel plan but have also terminate the International Roaming or Pay-As-You-Roam service. What happened to the unused data under my DataTravel plan?
You will not be able to use the unused data in the DataTravel plan once International Roaming or Pay-As-You-Roam service has been terminated. You can continue to use the unused data upon resuming the International Roaming or Pay-As-You-Roam service within the validity period of your existing DataTravel plan.
23. My child is using Shareplus dependent line tied to my mobile subscription, how do I activate DataTravel for my child?
You can dial *100*38# from your mobile and select the child’s mobile line from the menu to subscribe to a DataTravel plan on behalf of the Shareplus dependent line.
24. Can I use DataTravel with my MultiSIM service?
Yes, MultiSIM customers are eligible for DataTravel. For MultiSIM customers, data usage from each SIM card will be consumed from the same DataTravel plan when roaming in the supported destinations.
25. What will happen to the remaining DataTravel balance if I transfer my mobile line to another customer or to another billing account within its validity period?
The remaining DataTravel balance will be forfeited. Customer will need to purchase new DataTravel and will be entitled with new full balance and new expiry date.
26. Why am I still unable to surf the Internet even though I am connected to a preferred network?
Please ensure that you have enabled “Roaming” settings in your phone, and check that your phone’s Access Point Name (APN) is set correctly. Successful data connection while roaming is dependent on the coverage and traffic conditions of the foreign network.
27. How do I set the Access Point Name (APN) on my phone?
For iOS users:
1. Ensure that the phone carrier setting is StarHub 27.2 or above.
Go to Settings > General > About > Carrier > StarHub: 27.2
2. Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network > APN: shwap
For Andriod users:
1. Go to Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > APN: shwap / Username & Password: <blank>