WiFi Assessment FAQ
WiFi Assessment is a Broadband Value-Added-Service (VAS) provided by our Hub Troopers to help you assess your wireless home network and recommend the optimum WiFi point placement so as to get the most ideal network coverage.
The service consists of:
- An assessment of your home network coverage with the use of enterprise grade WiFi analyser
- Recommendation of optimum WiFi point/s placement based on your home signal interferences and structural impediments
- A customized WiFi report entailing your home WiFi signal strength and optimum WiFi point/s placement
The service is offered at one time charge of $88 with GST. It does not include the purchase of equipment, installation of the equipment and other prevailing charges.
The service can be taken up at any time when you have an active broadband service with StarHub. The service is however best taken up when you first sign up or recontract your broadband service so that your network coverage can be optimised according to your unique floor plan.
On the day of assessment, a StarHub certified Hub Trooper will visit your home. Our Hub Trooper will:
- Measure your WiFi signal strength at every room with use of enterprise grade WiFi analyser
- Recommend the optimum placement of router or mesh based on your in-home structural limitations and source of interferences
- Present you a Broadband Connectivity Report entailing the WiFi measurement at every room and a drawn floor plan with recommended WiFi point/s placement
- If required, Google WiFi mesh technology can be demonstrated to assess the extended WiFi coverage in your premise
Our Hub Trooper is equipped with enterprise grade tool, Netscout’s AirCheck G2 Wireless Tester to measure the WiFi signal at your home. Netscout specialises in network performance management products and AirCheck G2 Wireless Tester is a purpose built hardware to perform detailed WiFi analysis.
No, the Hub Trooper will not be able to return for more assessments as WiFi Assessment is a one-time service. You will have to sign up for the service again for subsequent assessments.
Top 5 questions:
- 1. I am travelling overseas, how can I activate roaming or manage data?
- 2. How do I pay my bills online?
- 3. How do I check the speed of my broadband connection?
- 4. How do I check the balance on my prepaid card?
- 5. I am moving house, how do I migrate all of my StarHub services to the new residential address?