Put your mind at ease with an unbeatable support service for your mobile device.
A misplaced or malfunctioning mobile phone can be the cause of much frustration and worry. StarHub’s new SmartSupport gives you peace of mind by safekeeping your data, providing dedicated technical assistance, and even replacing your device with a 4-hour^ turnaround time! So if your mobile device ever goes missing, falls in the wrong hands, or lets you down in any way, SmartSupport will ensure that you can still live your mobile life to the fullest.
For existing SmartSupport subscribers, log in to the SmartSupport online portal.
Replace or swap your device within a 12 rolling months period whenever you have a problem with it or if it goes missing. Simply call us for a replacement. Once your service request is approved, the replacement device will be delivered via courier to you at a local address within 4 hours if your request is received between 8.00am and 2.00pm Singapore time, Monday to Saturday, excluding Public Holidays. Overseas delivery is available and is subject to additional cost, delivery time and customer clearance.
View the list of overseas destinations.
Backup content and locate your mobile device. You can even remotely lock and wipe the data on your phone, keeping your personal information protected. The anti-virus functions will automatically scan your phone to prevent malware and threats, thus keeping your device safe and secure.
Our dedicated mobile technical support specialists are always on hand to help solve your device issues online or over the phone.
Simply speak to our dedicated specialists to initiate a service request and your replacement phone will be in your hands within hours. Delivery to an overseas address can also be arranged. The cost of your replacement device will be based on the prevailing prices and sign-up rate for your current subscription plan.
Install StarHub’s SmartSupport App on your phone via the SMS link sent to you after subscribing to SmartSupport. The SmartSupport App provides you with anti-virus functions to keep your device free from malware and threats. And you can remotely backup your contents (photos, videos and contacts), locate your device, and even delete contents from your device.
You can access the interactive guides with step-by-step instructions to help you resolve the most common device issues by logging on to the SmartSupport online portal.
Visit any StarHub retail store to start enjoying SmartSupport today!
Step 1: Sign up for the SmartSupport Value-Added Service when you purchase a new mobile at any StarHub Shop or Exclusive Partner Outlet
Step 2: Access the SmartSupport App preloaded or download via Google Play or App Store
Step 3: Log on to the SmartSupport online portal
|Monthly Subscription||Handset Models||Service Fee|
|$10||Samsung||GALAXY Ace 3||$50||$150|
|LG||Optimus G Pro Lite|
|Samsung||GALAXY S4 Mini|
|Apple||iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s||$130||$400|
|ASUS||PadFone Infinity (Phone only)|
|HTC||Butterfly S, One, One Max|
|LG||G2, Optimus G, Optimus G Pro|
|Samsung||GALAXY Mega 6.3, GALAXY Note 2, GALAXY Note 3, GALAXY S4, GALAXY S4 Active|
|Sony||Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra|
SmartSupport Plus consists of Device Replacement or Swap, Data Protection and Tech Support.
SmartSupport Plus is not applicable for BlackBerry® and Nokia devices.
|Monthly Subscription||Handset Models||Service Fee|
|$8||Nokia||Lumia 520, Lumia 625||$50||$150|
|Samsung||GALAXY Ace 3|
|LG||Optimus G Pro Lite|
|Samsung||GALAXY S4 Mini|
|Apple||iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s||$130||$400|
|ASUS||PadFone Infinity (Phone only)|
|BlackBerry||Q10, Z10, Z30|
|HTC||Butterfly S, One, One Max|
|LG||G2, Optimus G, Optimus G Pro|
|Samsung||GALAXY Mega 6.3, GALAXY Note 2, GALAXY Note 3, GALAXY S4, GALAXY S4 Active|
|Sony||Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra|
These Terms & Conditions form part of the SmartSupport Agreement between StarHub Mobile Pte Ltd ("StarHub") and you under which StarHub agrees to provide SmartSupport Services to you.
1. SmartSupport Services is a comprehensive mobile device aftersales service and protection program that includes:
a. device swap and replacement ("Device Swap & Replacement");
b. data protection ("Data Protection"); and
c. mobile technical support ("MTS"),
Together, the "SmartSupport Services". The SmartSupport Basic Services is comprised of the Device Swap & Replacement only while the SmartSupport Plus Services is comprised of the Device Swap & Replacement, Data Protection and MTS.
2. The scope of the SmartSupport Services provided to you is set out in your SmartSupport Agreement.
3. To be eligible for SmartSupport Services, you must:
a. have a postpaid Mobile Plan;
b. have a new Eligible Device; and
c. register your Eligible Device by entering into a SmartSupport Agreement with StarHub at the point of sale when you obtain your new Eligible Device.
4. Provided that you meet the eligibility criteria pursuant to clause 3 for each Eligible Device, you may register multiple Eligible Devices (each with a separate IMEI). Each Eligible Device will be itemised separately on your StarHub invoice and each will incur separate Monthly Fees as set out in clauses 4(a) to 4(c) below. In the event that you wish to exercise a Device Swap & Replacement, it is highlighted that additional Swap Fees and/or Replacement Fees are payable directly to NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. as set out in clauses 19 to 22 below who has been appointed as StarHub's agent for the collection of the said Swap Fees and/or Replacement Fees:
a. SmartSupport Basic Services
|Monthly Fee for SmartSupport Basic Services (subject to prevailing GST)||SSGD 6.00||SSGD 8.00||SSGD 10.00|
b. SmartSupport Plus Services
|Monthly Fee for SmartSupport Plus Services (subject to prevailing GST)||SSGD 8.00||SSGD 10.00||SSGD 12.00|
c.The Monthly Fee for the Tiers may be amended by StarHub from time to time and are based on the type of devices and the list of devices and their respective Tiers which are available at www.starhub.com/smartsupport.
6. StarHub reserves the right to reject your application for SmartSupport Services. A notice of rejection will be provided to you within seven (7) working days from the time of your enrollment in SmartSupport Services by telephone or by email utilising the contact details that you provided to StarHub in your Mobile Plan.
Commencement, term and termination
7. Your SmartSupport Agreement commences on the Commencement Date and continues until it is terminated:
a. by you opting out at any time. To opt out, you must contact the StarHub Call Centre. Your SmartSupport Services will be cancelled effective on the day on which the opt out is communicated to StarHub in accordance with this clause;
b. by StarHub, if:
(i) we reasonably suspect that you or any other person has engaged in fraudulent or criminal activity in relation to SmartSupport Services. In order to assess this, we may ask you to provide us with relevant information, including a copy of your NRIC or passport for non-NRIC holders, or any other identity information;
(ii) you breach any of these Terms & Conditions or any other agreement you have with StarHub;
(iii) you become or threaten to become bankrupt or insolvent;
(iv) you make any arrangement or composition with or assignment for the benefit of your creditors or go into either voluntary or compulsory liquidation or a receiver, trustee, judicial manager or administrator is appointed over any of your assets;
(v) the equivalent of any of the events referred to in (iii) and (iv) above under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction occurs to you;
(vi) you provide incorrect, false or incomplete information to StarHub or any Sub-Contractor;
(vii) the requirements of the relevant Regulatory Authority or any other applicable authority result in StarHub or any Sub-Contractor having to stop providing any SmartSupport Services or to provide any SmartSupport Services in a manner which is unacceptable to StarHub and/or any Sub-Contractor;
(viii) you are likely to create imminent harm (such as interruption, disruption, congestion or any Unauthorised Act) to the Network or any third party's networks or systems or the provision of SmartSupport Services, or defraud StarHub or any Sub-Contractor, or are likely to create imminent harm or harass or are abusive to any personnel of StarHub or any Sub-Contractor; or
(ix) for any other reason which StarHub may decide in our absolute discretion; or
(x) as a result of the termination of your Mobile Plan, (each of (a) to (c), the "Term"). You will be liable to pay all Monthly Fees which will be pro-rated up to and including the day that the Term is completed (as applicable) as set out in clause 10 below. Your eligibility for SmartSupport Services will cease immediately upon the completion of the Term.
Suspension of SmartSupport Services
8. In the event that you voluntarily suspend your Mobile Plan for a limited time, your SmartSupport Agreement, related SmartSupport Services and corresponding Monthly Fees will be suspended for the period during which you have voluntarily suspended your Mobile Plan and for a period of thirty (30) days after your reactivation of your Mobile Plan.
9. In the event that StarHub suspends your Mobile Plan for whatever reason, your SmartSupport Agreement and related SmartSupport Services will be suspended for the period during which StarHub has suspended your Mobile Plan and for a period of thirty (30) days after StarHub's reactivation of your Mobile Plan in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of your Mobile Plan and SmartSupport Agreement.
Payment of Monthly Fees
10. From the Commencement Date, you must pay the Monthly Fee at the time of your enrollment in SmartSupport Services. The Monthly Fee will thereafter be included in your StarHub monthly invoice. Your Monthly Fee will be pro-rated (a) in the first month of service in the event that the SmartSupport Services do not commence at the beginning of the month based on the actual days of coverage used for the month in which the term is commenced and (b) in the last month of service if your SmartSupport Services are terminated pursuant to clause 7 based on the actual days of coverage used for the month upon the completion of the Term. If the Monthly Fees have been paid prior to the date of termination, StarHub will refund the pro-rated Monthly Fees within thirty (30) days from the date of termination. In the event that your StarHub Mobile Plan and SmartSupport Services are suspended, your Monthly Fee shall also be suspended during such period of suspension
Device Swap & Replacement
11. Subject to these Terms & Conditions, in relation to each Eligible Device for which you have an active subscription for SmartSupport Services, you can request a Swap or Replacement for a Like Mobile Device ("Exchange") at any time within the Term, for any reason, up to a maximum of two (2) times in any twelve (12) month period, for a Swap Fee or as applicable, Replacement Fee as set out in clauses 19 to 22 below.
12. The right to Exchange is called the "2 IN 12 Entitlement".
13. The twelve (12) month period for the 2 IN 12 Entitlement is computed on a rolling basis and you shall not be entitled to more than two (2) Exchanges in any twelve (12) month period at any point in time.The twelve (12) month rolling period is computed as commencing from the delivery date that the first Exchange occurs and therefore expires on the date falling twelve (12) months after the delivery date that the first Exchange occurs. If you use two (2) Exchanges at any time within a period of twelve (12) consecutive months commencing from the delivery date that the first Exchange occurs, your next right to exercise a 2 IN 12 Entitlement will only arise twelve (12) months after the delivery date that the first Exchange occurred. The next twelve (12) month period for the purposes of computing the 2 IN 12 Entitlement will however only commence on the delivery date that the first Exchange occurs in this said period. If you use only one (1) of or do not use any of your 2 IN 12 Entitlements within a period of twelve (12) consecutive months, such 2 IN 12 Entitlements cannot be carried forward to the next twelve (12) month period. For the avoidance of doubt, no more than two (2) Exchanges can be made in respect of any twelve (12) month period.
14. Only an Eligible Device with the related IMEI details as reflected in StarHub's records may be subject to an Exchange.
15. You can make a Service Request by contacting the SmartSupport Call Centre or through the SmartSupport Online Portal, when available, or by any other published means. Once your Service Request is validated, you will receive a Service Request number.
16. You cannot make a Service Request for an Accessory only.
17. When you make a Service Request, you are not required to establish that your Eligible Device is broken, lost, stolen or damaged or has otherwise been subject to any qualifying event. We may, however, ask you about the condition of your Eligible Device or the reason why your Eligible Device is not available for a Swap for informational purposes so that we can best service your Service Request. You may also be asked to provide certain Customer Information (as defined below) that was provided by you to StarHub in your Mobile Plan so as to confirm and verify your identity.
18. In making a Service Request, you are deemed to have consented to StarHub and/or our Sub-Contractors activating and using the locate, lock, alarm/recover and wipe functions (under Data Protection), and are deemed to have consented to StarHub and/or our Sub-Contractors accessing your personal data, including but not limited to your User Generated Data, in such activation and use.
19. If your Eligible Device is in your possession, power or custody at the time you make a Service Request for delivery in Singapore, your Service Request will be for a Swap and you will be charged a Swap Fee by NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. as set out in clauses 21 and 22 below. You are then required to return the Eligible Device as advised by the SmartSupport Call Centre or the SmartSupport Online Portal, as the case may be, and by surrendering the Eligible Device with the battery and SIM Card removed to the courier who is delivering your Like Mobile Device with a new IMEI number to you in Singapore, or as otherwise directed by StarHub or any Sub-Contractor.
20. If your Eligible Device is not in your possession, power or custody at the time you make a Service Request or if your place of delivery for the Like Mobile Device is outside of Singapore, your Service Request will be for a Replacement and you will be charged a Replacement Fee by NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. as set out in clauses 21 and 22 below. For a Replacement a Like Mobile Device with a new IMEI number will be delivered to you with a new SIM card. With respect only to Replacements with places of deliveries outside of Singapore, you will have the option to return your Eligible Device within fourteen (14) days upon your return to Singapore by making a call to the SmartSupport Call Centre upon which a courier will be arranged to collect your Eligible Device in accordance with the timeline set out in clause 23 below. NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. will then refund the difference between the Replacement Fee and the Swap Fee directly to your credit card or by way of cheque within thirty (30) days upon its verification that the Eligible Device was returned. No refund will be provided in the event that the Eligible Device was not returned and you will then be informed of the time and location at and from which you may collect your device.
21. The Swap Fees and the Replacement Fees may be amended by StarHub from time to time and are based on the type of devices and the list of devices and their respective Tiers which are available at www.starhub.com/smartsupport:
|Tier||Swap Fee (Inclusive of GST)||Replacement Fee (Inclusive of GST)|
|1||SGD 25||SGD 75|
|2||SGD 50||SGD 150|
|3||SGD 100 to SGD 130||SGD 300 to SGD 400|
22. You must pay the applicable Swap Fee or Replacement Fee by credit card or any other available means at the time of your Service Request. In the event that you are unable to pay the applicable Swap Fee or Replacement Fee by credit card or any other available means at the time of your Service Request, StarHub may, in our sole and absolute discretion, provide you with the option to pay the applicable Swap Fee or Replacement Fee in person by credit card or in cash at the time of your receipt of the Like Mobile Device if such device is being delivered to you in Singapore via courier. StarHub has appointed NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. to charge and collect the applicable Swap Fee or Replacement Fee. Your payment of the applicable Swap Fee or Replacement Fee will be made directly to NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. You hereby consent to NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd.'s and the Sub-Contractors' (as defined below) storage of your credit card details upon your provision of the same. NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. will not utilise your credit card details for any charges other than for (a) a refund contemplated in clause 21, (b) the Replacement Fee charge as contemplated in clause 20, or (c) to charge the Swap Fee or Replacement Fee at the time of processing of the Service Request unless you have failed to return the accurate Eligible Device to the courier in Singapore in a Swap request in which case StarHub or NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. will provide you with an additional seven (7) days to return the accurate Eligible Device, failing which NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. will automatically charge your credit card for the difference between the Replacement Fee and the Swap Fee under this clause 22(c). In the event that you have not provided any credit card details for the Service Request, you will be required to pay the difference between the Replacement Fee and the Swap Fee as required under this clause 22(c) directly to NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd., by cash or bank transfer to NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. as directed by NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd.
23. StarHub will deliver the Like Mobile Device to you at:
a. an address in Singapore via courier within four (4) hours of your completed Service Request, provided your request is received between 8.00 am and 2.00 pm Singapore time, Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays and subject to any extensions as may be required for force majeure events and/or where the courier delays such delivery. If your Service Request is received at any time other than between 8.00 am and 2.00 pm Singapore time, Monday to Saturday or at any time on a Sunday or public holiday, the Like Mobile Device will be delivered by 12.00 noon Singapore time on the next day, excluding Sundays and public holidays; or
b. an address outside of Singapore, at your cost and subject to delivery time periods and other limitations and applicable restrictions as determined by the courier engaged to make such international delivery. You must pay such delivery cost by credit card at the time of your Service Request. In the unlikely event that the courier fails to make such international delivery, NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. will refund the applicable Replacement Fee to your credit card or by way of cheque within thirty (30) days of it being informed of the courier's failure to make such delivery.
24. If the Like Mobile Device is delivered to you in Singapore via courier, you will be required to produce your original and valid NRIC or passport for non-NRIC holders. Your NRIC or passport number will also be printed on the delivery docket accompanying the Like Mobile Device being delivered to you. Your NRIC or passport number printed on the delivery docket must correspond to your original and valid NRIC or passport for non-NRIC holders presented by you to the courier in order for delivery of the Like Mobile Device to be made to you. For any deliveries for a Swap in Singapore, the Eligible Device with the IMEI number in Starhub's records must be provided to the courier in order for the courier to provide you with the Like Mobile Device failing which your Service Request will be deemed rejected and a refund of the Swap Fee will be made to you either by credit card or be cheque within thirty (30) days of the rejected Service Request.
25. StarHub reserves the right to not deliver the Like Mobile Device in the event that clauses 14 and/or 24 are not satisfied.
26. StarHub will not ship a Like Mobile Device to an address it reasonably suspects is associated with fraudulent behaviour, is not reasonable in the circumstances or to a post office box or a rural mail box.
What is an Eligible Device?
27. An "Eligible Device" is a new device (together with any boxed Accessories) either (i) supplied to you by StarHub and registered at the time of purchase or upgrade under your Mobile Plan, or (ii) supplied to you by the original equipment manufacturer by means of a swap provided that the device provided pursuant to such swap and the related IMEI details have been recorded by you with the SmartSupport Call Centre or through the SmartSupport Online Portal, when available, or by any other published means at the time of such Swap, and any other documentary evidence of such Swap which may be requested by StarHub and/or any Sub-Contractor has been provided by you to StarHub and/or the Sub-Contractor's satisfaction.
28. Where you make a Service Request in relation to your Eligible Device and you are supplied with a Like Mobile Device by way of Swap or Replacement, upon receipt by you, the Like Mobile Device will become your Eligible Device.
29. At the time of your Service Request, ownership of your Eligible Device (whether or not in your possession, power or custody) will immediately transfer to StarHub and you hereby assign to StarHub all associated rights and benefits of any manufacturer's warranty. The IMEI of the device may be blocked from use on wireless networks.
Any defect in any Like Mobile Device provided to you by way of Swap or Replacement is covered under a six (6)-month warranty period only, and your sole and exclusive remedy for such defects shall be according to such warranty and any other non-excludable rights under applicable laws of Singapore. To exercise such warranty, you are required to make a Service Request to the SmartSupport Call Centre or through the SmartSupport Online Portal and be required to return the Like Mobile Device to the courier sent to you in Singapore. In the event that StarHub subsequently discovers that you have not returned the Like Mobile Device with the IMEI number reflected in StarHub's records, you will be required to return the actual Like Mobile Device at such location and time as directed by StarHub and NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd., failing which you will be charged the Replacement Fee to the credit card provided under clause 22 or by cash or bank transfer to NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. as directed by NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. where no credit card details are provided. This will not however form part of your 2 IN 12 Entitlement.
Eligibility for Device Swap & Replacement
31. To be eligible for an Exchange:
a. the device must be your Eligible Device. In the event of a Swap, the Eligible Device must additionally have a visible, unaltered and legible IMEI that corresponds to the IMEI recorded in StarHub's records for that device;
b. your Mobile Plan and SmartSupport Agreement must be active and in force;
c. a 2 IN 12 Entitlement must be available to you;
d. you must provide any additional information reasonably requested by StarHub, including (without limitation) proof of ownership and valid proof of identity; and
e. any Monthly Fees, other fees or reimbursements owing to StarHub under your applicable Mobile Plan and SmartSupport Agreement must not be outstanding in excess of thirty (30) days from the applicable invoice due date.
32. A "Like Mobile Device":
a. will be of similar kind, quality and functionality to your Eligible Device;
b. will be new or refurbished;
c. if refurbished, may contain original or non-original manufacturer parts;
d. will have the same or greater memory as your Eligible Device;
e. may be of a different brand, model and/or colour; and
f. will be imprinted with a new IMEI number which will be reflected in StarHub's records and verified for Swap and warranty exchange requests under clause
32. If available, you will be offered a Like Mobile Device that is the same make and model as your Eligible Device, but not necessarily the same colour.
33. StarHub makes no representation or warranty that any Like Mobile Device will be identical or offer the same functionalities as your Eligible Device.
34. Data Protection is provided through the SmartSupport Data Protection Application which is either preloaded on your Eligible Device, or you must download and activate it.
35. If required, you can download the SmartSupport Data Protection Application by clicking on an SMS link or email link sent to your Eligible Device. To request the link, you must contact the SmartSupport Call Centre or access the SmartSupport Online Portal.
36. You can activate the Data Protection Functions (as defined below) by:
a. running the SmartSupport Data Protection Application;
b. accepting the Terms & Conditions of the licensing agreement that will appear on your screen; and
c. setting up your account.
37. The Data Protection Functions (as defined below) will only work on compatible Eligible Devices. A complete list of compatible Eligible Devices may be accessed by visiting www.starhub.com/smartsupport, which may be amended from time to time.
38. Data Protection includes the following functions ("Data Protection Functions"):
|Backup services||Contacts backup||Up to 2GB of contacts on the Eligible Device.|
|User Generated Data backup||Up to 5GB of User Generated Data on the Eligible Device.|
|Cross platform data transfer and sync||To allow transfer of User Generated Data between Eligible Devices via the SmartSupport Online Portal.|
|Data security||Locate||To remotely locate the Eligible Device on a map. Can be initiated via the SmartSupport Online Portal or requested by contacting the SmartSupport Call Centre.|
|Lock||To remotely lock the Eligible Device and see the location history. Can be initiated via the SmartSupport Online Portal or requested by contacting the SmartSupport Call Centre.|
|Alarm/recover||To remotely sound an alarm to locate the Eligible Device within an audible range. Can be initiated via the SmartSupport Online Portal or requested by contacting the SmartSupport Call Centre.|
|Erase||To wipe User Generated Data from the Eligible Device. Can be initiated via the SmartSupport Online Portal or requested by contacting the SmartSupport Call Centre.|
|Secure||Antivirus||Malware signature and cloud based scanning of the Eligible Device.|
|Safe browsing||To prevent users from visiting phishing and malware sites when browsing the internet from the Eligible Device.|
|Data privacy||App Assist||To enable users to manage and protect their information on the Eligible Device by monitoring behaviours of installed applications.|
|Usability||Personalised dashboard||Enables remote functions to be carried out via the SmartSupport Online Portal.|
|MTS Functions||Contact Us||Enables you to make a call to an MTS representative directly from Your Eligible Device|
|Remote Access provided by LogMeIn Inc.||Enables an MTS representative to remotely access your Eligible Device to determine status issues, such as remaining battery life for example.|
39. Data Protection Functions may require additional use of battery life.
40. Not all Data Protection Functions are available on all Eligible Devices. A complete list of Data Protection Functions available on Eligible Devices may be accessed by visiting www.starhub.com/smartsupport, which may be amended from time to time. Not all of the Data Protections Functions will be continuously available to you or error free. By way of example, due to technical limitations or issues, the locate or alarm functions may not be available to you when you are trying to locate your Eligible Device. While StarHub will exercise best efforts in locating your Eligible Device, StarHub does not guarantee 100% accuracy of the location information and the information is provided on a best efforts basis only. In addition, StarHub advises that you should not search for your Eligible Device in any location that is unfamiliar to you, and further, you hereby acknowledge and agree to abide by all laws and regulations in attempting to locate your Eligible Device, including but not limited to those laws and regulations pertaining to trespass and privacy.
41. The Data Protection Functions will operate where your Eligible Device:
a. is powered on (if your Eligible Device is powered off, some functions will work when the device is subsequently powered on and the command or notification is received, for example, the locate alarm will sound at that time);
b. has a SIM card installed;
c. is within the StarHub network coverage area or in a roaming network, with data roaming enabled. Data services and data security functions will work with no network coverage where the Eligible Device has Wi-Fi capability that is turned on and the Eligible Device is connected to the internet;
d. if it has an android operating system:
(i) has text messaging capability turned on; and
(ii) grants the SmartSupport Data Protection Application access privileges under the 'Settings' menu;
e. if it has an iOS operating system:
(i) has push notification service capability turned on;
(ii) and has Wi-Fi capability turned on and not set to sleep mode.
42. As with other software, the Data Protection Functions may be disabled or uninstalled by other applications, software, devices or hacking. In such events, the Data Protection Functions may not function properly. In addition, even though installed, the Data Protection Functions may not function properly due to other prior installed software on your Eligible Device.
43. StarHub reserves the right, at any time, to modify, change, suspend or discontinue any or all of the Data Protection Functions. If any such action will affect your ability to retrieve your User Generated Data, you will be given at least seven (7) days' notice. Thereafter, you may be prevented from accessing data or information that you have stored, synched or transmitted via the Data Protection Functions.
44. StarHub does not warrant that the Data Protection Functions (including updates and upgrades) will meet your personal requirements, work in combination with any software supplied or provided by a third party, that the operation of the SmartSupport Data Protection Application will be continuous, error free or that any defects are correctable or will be corrected.
45. Data usage and/roaming charges may apply in using the Data Protection Functions, which charges you are liable to pay.
46. MTS is a combination of online tools and a dedicated, specialist SmartSupport Call Centre facility that provides live or online technical and diagnostic support for a range of device technical issues, including:
a. basic device functionality and security issues: setting up your Eligible Device (for example, Bluetooth setup, voicemail setup, password) and how to use basic functions (for example, menus, making calls, call forwarding, SMS, clock/alarm functionality, send/receive photos);
b. email and internet connectivity: troubleshooting on issues relating to applications connecting to the internet for services and connecting to the internet via data and Wi-Fi connections. This includes setting browser and email settings, GPRS/3G/4G/Wi-Fi settings, and email and calendar synchronisation;
c. entertainment and personalisation: troubleshooting, syncing and connecting to your personal computer, third party application support, and media and data storage on the device. This includes installation and removal of applications, application settings and how to optimise use of the device and applications, but does not include training on applications or personal customisations or support related to games; and
d. general technical issues: hardware related problems, such as charging/battery, display, sound and camera issues. This includes operating system and firmware/versioning issues which guide a user on how to perform resets and software updates.
47. Data usage and roaming charges may apply in using MTS, which charges you are liable to pay.
48. MTS does not cover issues that are not directly related to the functionality of your Eligible Device or network specific issues. Excluded matters include:
a. network coverage issues (dropped calls/data interruptions), except to determine if there is a broader network issue affecting devices in your area;
b. known issues with operating systems, firmware and other software;
c. computer diagnostic support not related to the use of your Eligible Device;
d. use of unauthorised or copyright infringed software;
e. password, personal identification number or personal identification number unlock key problems;
f. modification of OEM software:
g. installation of third party software or OEM driver not supported by the Eligible Device;
h. computer setup, support or repair; home or wireless router/modem or network setup, support or repair;
i. peripheral setup, support or repair;
j. data migration from computer to computer; and
k. fundamental training needs on software packages or programming or development support.
49. MTS will assist you with issues related to the SmartSupport Data Protection Application. MTS can remotely perform the following functions on your Eligible Device:
b. backup User Generated Data;
c. initiate App Assist and Diagnostics;
d. reset to factory settings; and
e. transfer User Generated Data to new Eligible Device.
50. You can access MTS by contacting the SmartSupport Call Centre or accessing the SmartSupport Online Portal to utilise instructional, interactive guides or to chat with an MTS agent.
51. MTS requires an active StarHub account, and may require an existing and functioning high-speed/broadband Internet connection, compatible home Wi-Fi gateway/router (as applicable), and a functional/working PC with Windows XP or newer operating system to receive all included services. Limited support may be available for customers with an Apple computer with Macitosh OS X, 10.4 Tiger or 10.5 Leopard and above. MTS may recommend that you take certain steps before the problem can be resolved, such as buying cables or acquiring software or performing a backup of information. StarHub will keep your file open so that it can be referenced again when you are ready to proceed. If you cannot pursue the course of action StarHub recommends, StarHub will consider the file closed.
52. StarHub has limited proprietary information from vendors, manufacturers, and developers and may not have the ability to obtain the proprietary information that may be necessary to resolve a specific technical problem. Technical problems that may arise may be the result of software or hardware errors not yet resolved by the hardware or software manufacturer, in which case StarHub may not be able to resolve the problem.
53. To receive MTS, you may be required to download and run certain software applications (on your Eligible Device or hardware) to aid in the diagnosis and provisioning of services ("Software"). You are prohibited from, and expressly agree not to, copy or modify Software or other materials provided. You further agree to comply with the Terms & Conditions that are provided with any Software and, in the event of a conflict, such Software-specific Terms & Conditions will take precedence over these Terms & Conditions and your SmartSupport Agreement only as to such Software.
54. Reasonable Effort Service. MTS is a "reasonable effort service." This means that if StarHub is unable to resolve your problem after making reasonable efforts, StarHub reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to end further efforts to solve the problem. If StarHub exercises this right, you will remain liable for all charges associated with the MTS Services.
55. Right to Terminate. StarHub reserves the right to discontinue and terminate MTS Services for abuse, excessive usage, or any other reason in our sole discretion.
56. Refunds. If StarHub exercises the right to discontinue and terminate MTS Services in our sole discretion agrees to pay a refund, such refund will be limited to the one month price for MTS.
57. Representations and Authorisations by Customer. You represent and warrant you are an authorized user of the software on your device and/or PC and that you own or are an authorized user of any hardware or network devices you request StarHub to assist you with in association with the Services. StarHub will not assist you if you are not the authorized user of the software on your device or of all devices. You authorize StarHub to effect changes to your computer(s) and settings for your computer and other equipment as a result of providing Services.
Data protection and liability
58. You hereby acknowledge and agree that StarHub will engage a variety of sub-contractors, including their subsidiaries, associated companies, associates and employees, sales representatives, third party partners, service providers, couriers and agents, including, without limitation, NEW Asurion Singapore Pte. Ltd. ("Sub-Contractors") to perform and provide SmartSupport Services, process your subscription and billing arrangements and payment instructions. You hereby consent to (a) the collection, use and disclosure, of any information provided by you to StarHub including but not limited to (i) your full name, NRIC, passport number or other identification number, billing and residential address, contact telephone number(s) and email address; (ii) information about your use of StarHub's services, including call, usage, billing, geographical location and device information; (iii) your payment related information, such as your bank account or credit card information provided to StarHub or our Sub-Contractors for billing and related purposes and your credit history; and (iv) information about your interests, preferences or other information which you may provide in customer survey forms or through other sources ("Customer Information"), by StarHub and/or our Sub-Contractors; and (b) the storage of your Customer Information, by StarHub and/or our Sub-Contractors (including their respective sub-contractors and/or affiliates) in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for the purposes of StarHub's performance and provision of SmartSupport Services, processing of your subscription, billing arrangements and payment instructions, and for fraud and risk management, and compliance with applicable laws. You hereby also acknowledge, agree and consent to StarHub and our Sub-Contractors accessing your Customer Information every time SmartSupport Services are utilised and/or provided to you.StarHub hereby informs you that StarHub and our Sub-Contractors may also utilise the Customer Information to generate any data or additional information related to the provision of the SmartSupport Services, on an aggregated and non-personally identifiable basis, including but not limited to customer behaviour, device related, service request and device related data,for internal purposes to review, develop and improve our services ("Additional Data") and you hereby consent to StarHub's and our Sub-Contractors' respective use, collection and storage of such Additional Data whether in Singapore or outside of Singapore. Any queries, complaints, claims or feedback regarding the SmartSupport Services shall be directed to StarHub and you waive any rights against all our Sub-Contractors arising out of or relating to the SmartSupport Services.
59. You hereby acknowledge the StarHub general Terms & Conditions ("General Terms") shall apply. These Terms & Conditions are supplemental to and in addition to the General Terms, both sets of which shall govern and be applicable to the relationship between StarHub and you. In the event of inconsistency between these Terms & Conditions and the General Terms, the terms in these Terms & Conditions shall prevail.
60. If you have any queries, complaints, claims or feedback regarding the SmartSupport Services, please direct them to StarHub by calling us or sending us an email at: SmartSupport@asurion.com
For provision of SmartSupport Services: SmartSupport Call Centre at 6822 1388
For billing and mobile network-related queries: StarHub Customer Care at 1633