Asia Mobile Holdings Pte. Ltd. ("AMH"), a subsidiary of Singapore Technologies Telemedia Pte Ltd ("ST Telemedia"), is a mobile telecoms investment company jointly held by ST Telemedia and Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Q.S.C ("Qtel").
Qtel became a partner of AMH in March 2007 by investing in an approximate 25% equity stake in AMH through its wholly-owned subsidiary Qtel Investment Holdings B.S.C.. ST Telemedia holds the remaining approximate 75% equity stake in AMH through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Asia Mobile Holding Company Pte. Ltd. and STT Communications Ltd.
ST Telemedia is a leading player in the telecommunications and information services industry, with core competencies in mobile telephony and global IP services, while Qtel is one of the Middle East's fast-growing telecommunications companies.
Together, ST Telemedia and Qtel are committed to the aim of exploring and investing in new mobile telecoms opportunities while strengthening existing businesses in the Asia-Pacific region.
With their proven track record of managing leading telecommunications companies around the world, particularly in the Asia-Pacific and MENA regions, ST Telemedia and Qtel's combined local, regional and international experience, management excellence and technical expertise will benefit existing businesses and future investments.
NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT), is one of the world's largest telecom carriers with over one hundred years' experience as the leader of Japan's telecommunications industry. The NTT Group comprises over 120 companies covering the whole spectrum of communications. Additionally, the NTT Group enjoys cutting-edge R&D capabilities which pave the way for a new era in communications, and also acts as a leading player in the information technology society of today and tomorrow.
Since its reorganization in 1999, NTT Com has set itself a goal of becoming a "Global IP Company" and has been expanding services through global partnerships to meet ever-increasing business requirements using the IP network. One example is the acquisition of Verio, a U.S.-based provider of Internet solutions, which enabled the development of the "Global IP Network" with global coverage and IP-based services.
With the construction of this "Global IP Network", NTT Com, now a global Tier 1 player, offers high quality, value-added services at low cost to strongly support customers' businesses. Also, NTT Com's simple, one-stop shopping solution for a full range of global communications services reaches over 75 areas/locations, 1,000 pops around the globe. As an innovator in the world of the Internet, NTT Com will continue to furnish customers around the world with the best leading-edge Internet services.