Need help setting up your eSIM with the Samsung Gear S3 frontier (LTE)? Please download the troubleshooting guide at www.samsung.com/sg/gears3 or contact the device manufacturer for assistance.
1. What is StarHub eSIM?
eSIM is a new SIM standard being developed by GSMA to be used by network operator worldwide. First generation eSIMs will allow users to load their SIM profiles without having to insert a physcal SIM card into their devices, allowing for more convenience, but more importantly, smaller and more lightweight devices.
2. What are the devices currently supporting StarHub eSIM?
StarHub eSIM currently supports first generation eSIM devices such as Samsung Gear S3 frontier (LTE) at present. More devices may be introduce as manufacturers start incorporating eSIM into their products.
3. What are the limitations of first generation eSIM devices?
If you have registered your eSIM card to a first generation eSIM device such as the Samsung Gear S3 frontier (LTE), your eSIM card will be unique to the first device you register it to. If you should decide to switch devices in the future, you will be required to obtain a replacement eSIM. The usual eSIM replacement cost applies.
4. What the pre-requisites to sign/apply for StarHub eSIM?
You can request for a StarHub eSIM if you are a new or existing Multi-SIM service subscriber. Please note that prevailing new and replacement SIM Card charges apply and eSIM is subject to availability.
5. Could I sign/apply StarHub eSIM without purchasing the device?
Yes you may as long as you’re a Multi-SIM service subscriber. For more information about Multi-SIM service and the relevent terms and conditions, please visit starhub.com/multisim. Please note that prevailing new and replacement SIM Card charges apply and eSIM is subject to availability.
6. Could I sign/apply StarHub eSIM under standalone mobile line instead of under Multi-SIM?
We currently do not offer eSIM with a standalone mobile line without a Multi-SIM subscription. This is so as there are currently not many eSIM devices that can function as your primary phones.
7. Where could I sign up StarHub eSIM with device(s)?
You can sign up for eSIM with device at the following StarHub Shops: Plaza Singapura, Tampines Mall, Nex and Vivocity. eSIM is not available on the StarHub online store, exclusive partners and other StarHub Shops.
8. How much is the replacement charges for StarHub eSIM card?
The usual cost of $37.45 applies for the replacement of the eSIM card.
9. Could I port in/change mobile number for StarHub eSIM?
Yes, you can port in your mobile number and sign up for MultiSIM service to obtain a StarHub eSIM.
10. What is StarHub eSIM profile?
The StarHub eSIM profile is a virtual profile that stores your subscription and network settings that allows you to connect to StarHub’s mobile network.
11. What should I do as I am unable to scan/download StarHub eSIM profile to my eSIM device?
Please check that you are in good lighting and the eSIM card is not blocked, folded or defaced.
If the device is still unable to recognise the eSIM profile, please approach the point of purchase for an exchange (usual eSIM replacement cost applies).
12. What should I do as I had accidentally deleted my StarHub eSIM profile?
You can easily re-register your eSIM profile by scanning your eSIM card in the device set up.
13. Could I replace StarHub eSIM profile with other eSIM providers profile ie change network operator on eSIM devices?
Yes, you may do so by de-registering the StarHub eSIM profile.
14. Can I use my existing StarHub profile on other eSIM device?
If you have registered your eSIM card to a first generation eSIM device such as the Samsung Gear S3 frontier (LTE), your eSIM card will to be unique to the first device you register it to. If you should decide to switch devices in the future, you will be required to obtain a replacement eSIM. The usual eSIM replacement cost applies.
15. Do I need to delete StarHub profile prior to sending my device for servicing/replacement?
Yes, we encourage you to do so to prevent any unauthorised use of your mobile service.
16. What should I do as I had lost/misplaced my eSIM registered device.
Please contact StarHub to suspend the eSIM. You may wish to request for a replacement SIM or eSIM to continue using Multi-SIM features.
If you manage to recover your device, please contact StarHub to lift the suspension. Thereafter, you will need to restart your device thereafter. However, if your eSIM profile has previously been deleted from the device, you will need to scan your eSIM card again to re-register your eSIM profile on the device.