How can we help you today?
SmartUC Security Update and Password Reset FAQ
For SmartUC Administrators
What do I have to do before the security update?
We will need your help to:
- Forward the instructions as stated in the "StarHub SmartUC Security Update" email to your users.
- Inform your users to select an alternate timeslot if the scheduled date/time of the security update is not convenient for them.
- Send the temporary passwords to your users.
How do I get the temporary passwords?
We will be sending you the new temporary passwords via email before the security update to ensure you have ample time to disseminate the information to your users.
What will happen during the security update?
Your SmartUC service may be intermittently affected during the scheduled update. We recommend that you sign in and use your SmartUC service only after the security update has been completed.
What do my users have to do?
Prior to the scheduled security update:
- Log out of and quit the app on ALL devices.
- Restart all devices on which the SmartUC app were used.
- Enable call-forwarding if you anticipate urgent calls during the scheduled update.
After the security update is completed:
- Log into the SmartUC Portal with their new temporary password.
- Change your password at the SmartUC Portal.
- Log into the SmartUC app using your new credentials.
- For those using a fixed/IP phone, you will need to reboot it by turning it off for 10 seconds and then turning it back on. If it is powered by ethernet, you will simply need to disconnect the ethernet cable for 10 seconds and then reconnect it after.
For detailed steps, please refer to the SmartUC Security Update User Guide.
Are there other timeslots we can choose?
Yes, you can select an alternative timeslot by clicking on the link in the email notice.
For SmartUC Users
How can I receive important calls on the SmartUC service during the scheduled time window?
Are there other timeslots I can choose?
How do I get my temporary password?
The temporary password was emailed to your company’s SmartUC administrator. Please reach out directly to your SmartUC administrator.
Why can’t I access my SmartUC account?
Why am I receiving an error message on my device?
A security update was performed on your SmartUC service as part of our security update. Please log out, quit the app and restart your device. If you still encounter issues, please submit a technical ticket to us at www.starhub.com/biz-feedback.
What if I missed out logging out and quitting the app prior to the security update?
You may encounter an error message on your device. Please log out, quit the app and restart your device. If you still encounter issues, please submit a technical ticket to us at www.starhub.com/biz-feedback.
Why is my account disabled on the SmartUC portal?
Your account could have been disabled due to multiple attempts to log in with a wrong password. You may reach out directly to your SmartUC administrator to reset the password.
What should I do if I still experience problems logging in after the security update?
What should I do if my fixed/IP phone is not working after the security update?
Please reboot your fixed/IP phone by turning it off for 10 seconds and then turning it back on. If your fixed/IP phone is powered by ethernet, you will simply need to disconnect the ethernet cable for 10 seconds and then reconnect it after. If you still encounter issues, please submit a technical ticket to us at www.starhub.com/biz-feedback.