- What is NumberShare?
NumberShare is a service that allows you to share your talktime and data from your mobile line with your SmartWatch LTE. With NumberShare, you can use apps and call using the same number on your SmartWatch LTE, even without your phone!
- Can I subscribe to NumberShare to share the Voice mins, data with other devices?
NumberShare works only on the cellular watches and cannot be used on other devices.
- Can I send or receive SMS/MMS on my watch with NumberShare?
SMS feature is device dependent.
For Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE/Active2 LTE, this feature is supported by signing up for the Samsung Account on your Galaxy Wearable App.
For Apple Watch Series 3 and 4, you can only receive iMessage. You can continue to send and receive SMS/MMS on your mobile phone.
- I am subscribed to the StarHub Multi-SIM service. Can I use that for the watch?
StarHub's Multi-SIM service and NumberShare are different and cannot be used for the watch. You need to unsubscribe from Multi-SIM service in order to sign up for NumberShare.
- What do I need to sign up for this NumberShare service?
You need an eligible StarHub Mobile postpaid voice plan to sign up for NumberShare. Prepaid customers will not be able to sign up for NumberShare. You need to also have compatible cellular watches and smartphone
- Which phone and cellular watch models are eligible for NumberShare?
For Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE/Active2 LTE, you can sign up if your Samsung and Android mobile device is installed with Android OS 6.0 or later with RAM 1.5GB and above.
For Apple Watch Series 3 and 4, you'll need iPhone with iOS 12.2 or later installed and Apple Watch with OS 5.2.
- Who can sign up for NumberShare?
StarHub postpaid mobile customers subscribing to any of our 4G Mobile postpaid voice plans can sign up for NumberShare service.
- Lite, XS, S, M, L, XL
- SIM Only XS, S, M, L, XL
- 4G 3,4,5,6, 12,300M
- Can I subscribe to NumberShare if I am on a StarHub Prepaid card?
The NumberShare service is an add-on service with monthly subscription charges and only available to postpaid mobile services.
- How much do I have to pay for it?
It costs just $6/month to subscribe to this service and there are no other hidden costs. In addition, you enjoy 1GB which will be added to your mobile plan benefits.
- Am I tied to any contract when I subscribe to NumberShare?
There is no contract for this service.
- How can I subscribe to NumberShare?
- Can I subscribe Numbershare service at StarHub shops or StarHub SMB online store?
No, you can only subscribe NumberShare service through the relevant app.
For Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE/Active2, subscribe via Galaxy Wearable app.
For Apple Watch Series 3 and 4, subscribe via Apple Watch app.
- How do I know when my cellular watch is connected in cellular mode?
For Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE:
Swipe down from the top to bottom of the Samsung Galaxy Watch/Active2 menu and you should see "4G", "VoLTE" and "Standalone StarHub" or "Remote-connected StarHub".
For Apple Watch Series 3 and 4:
If the cellular button turns green, it means your Apple Watch is connected to the StarHub network. If the cellular button is white when your StarHub network is active, your watch is connected to your iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- What can I do if I'm unable to get mobile connectivity on my cellular watch?
You should have successfully signed up for NumberShare if you have received an SMS from us.
Please check if the NumberShare service is available on your watch to enjoy mobile connectivity.
On the Samsung Galaxy Watch/Active2, follow the steps below:
1) At the Galaxy watch main menu, scroll down to "Select settings".
2) Under Settings, select "Connections".
3) Under Connections, select "Mobile networks".
4) Tap on “Starhub-XXXF e.g. Starhub-984F” to turn on StarHub network manually. Your watch should restart automatically.
For Apple Watch, follow the steps below:
1) Ensure your watch is not paired to your phone by turning off Bluetooth.
2) Press the digital crown to view the Apps screen.
3) Tap on the "Settings" App.
4) Tap Mobile Data, under "PLAN", it should show "StarHub", under "STATUS", it should show "Connected".
5) Return to the "Settings" menu, Tap "General" then Tap "About".
6) Scroll down to "ICCID" to check if there is a long string of numbers. 7) Please ensure you do not "Remove StarHub Plan" during any process of pairing, as this may cause the loss in cellular connectivity.
- Can I subscribe multiple NumberShare under the same mobile number?
No, only one mobile number can be linked to one NumberShare account.
- How does the free 1GB work?
The 1GB data can be shared between your mobile line and your cellular watch. The data cannot be shared with any other dependent lines.
- What if I exceed my voice/data limit on my watch?
For any subsequent usage, it will be depleted from any of your data add-on bundles followed by the data quota from your main plan. You will be charged the usual excess charges on your main mobile plan if you exceed your voice/data limit. For rates on excess charges, please check out our Mobile Terms and Conditions.
- Can I use the cellular features on my watch while roaming overseas?
You can follow our step by step guide to subscribe to NumberShare.
- Will my NumberShare service be affected if I change my mobile number on my phone while maintaining the same SIM card?
You will need to terminate your current NumberShare service through StarHub Business Manager App or My Business Account and resubscribe to NumberShare on your watch.
- Will my NumberShare service be affected if I change my SIM card but maintain my mobile number?
- I accidentally deleted my StarHub plan on my watch, what should I do?
- What if I am subscribed to NumberShare while holding an Apple phone and watch and I change my mobile handset to a Samsung/Android phone?
- Can I still use NumberShare if I am switching to a newer model smartwatch and phone?
Yes, you can. You will need to pair your watch with the new phone.
Find out more on how to pair your watch with your new phone by following the step by step guide.
1. For Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE/Active2 LTE:
2. For Apple Watch Series 3 or 4 (GPS + Cellular):
- Will my NumberShare service be affected if I upgrade to a newer version of the watch?
- What happens to the NumberShare service if I transfer my mobile line to another party?
NumberShare service is not transferable. Please de-register your current NumberShare service and register for NumberShare through your device app after the transfer of ownership has been completed.
- Can I subscribe to NumberShare on a cellular watch which is not purchased from StarHub?
It should work but we advise our customers to purchase the cellular watches from StarHub to ensure network compatibility. Customers should check compatibility in LTE bands if their cellular watches are not purchased in Singapore or from StarHub.
- How do I terminate NumberShare service?
- What happens to my free 1GB data when I terminate NumberShare?
You will not be able to use the balance of the free 1GB. Any subsequent usage will be depleted from any of your data add-on bundles followed by the data quota from your main plan.