About Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans
- What are the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
The Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans are introduced on 31 August 2017 to provide customers with an entirely new and improved mobile usage experience with StarHub. Under the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans, customers can enjoy enhanced network 4G download speed of up to 400Mbps. Customers on the XS/S/M/L/XL plans are entitled to the Unlimited Saturday and Sunday local data, except for the Lite plan.
- What are the charges and fees that will apply to me when I sign up for the Lite Plan and the XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
There will be a one-time SIM activation charge of $37.45 (incl. GST) and a one-time mobile service charge of $10.70 (incl. GST) for all new subscriptions will apply. The monthly recurring charge of your Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans will be applicable as well.
- Do I have to sign up for a 2-year contract with the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
No, there are SIM Only Plans available for the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. The Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL SIM only plans entitle you to a 50% Credit Rebate off the usual monthly subscription for an on-going basis. The bundled data, SMS and talk time are the same as the 2-year contract Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans.
- What is the monthly excess data charges for the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
Any excess data charges will be charged at the pay-per-use rate of 0.0107cents/KB (incl. GST), up to a maximum of $10.70/GB (incl. GST). The monthly excess data charge cap is set at $238/month (incl. GST).
- What are the monthly excess charges for voice and SMS under the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
The monthly excess charges for voice is at $0.1605 (incl. GST) per minute, for the first minute block, followed by per second billing. The excess charge for SMS will be charged at a pay-per-use rate of $0.0535 (incl. GST) per SMS/MMS.
- I am an existing customer on the older mobile plans (PowerValue, SmartSurf HD, 4G), can I change my plan to the new Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
Yes, you can change your plan to the new Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. To change to a higher value plan, please email using company domain or scan copy of authorized letter of request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What plans are available for re-contract from 31 August 2017?
The Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans are available for re-contract:
- Lite at $30.00
- XS at $48.00
- S at $68.00
- M at $88.00
- L at $108.00
- XL at $238.00
- I'm currently subscribed to the XL plan. Will I be eligible to get the $500 handset upgrade voucher?
To be eligible to receive the $500 handset upgrade voucher, you will need to complete 12 consecutive months of continuous active service on the XL plan. Early re-contract fee (ERF) of $300 applies with voucher usage. Hence, the remaining balance of $200 handset upgrade voucher can be used to purchase the handset with 2-year contract. Please refer to www.starhub.com/bizmobiletnc for details.
- I am currently subscribed to 4G 4 plan and am eligible for re-contract. Can I recontract back to my existing plan?
No, you will need to sign up for the new Lite Plan or XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. Your existing 4G 4 mobile plan is no longer available for recontract.
- Do customers on the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans need to pay more to enjoy 4G speeds of up to 400Mbps?
The monthly subscription fee of the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL plans is inclusive of the 4G speed upgrade of 400Mbps, hence there is no separate or additional charge.
- Which of the XS/S/M/L/XL Plans come with the Unlimited Saturday and Sunday local data?
Customers on the 2-year contract and SIM only plan of XS/S/M/L/XL plans are entitled to the Unlimited Saturday and Sunday local data usage. Only the Lite Plan is not eligible for Unlimited Saturday and Sunday local data. The Lite Plan instead comes with 1GB of bundled local data, 100 minutes of talktime and 100 SMS per month.
- How does the Unlimited Saturday and Sunday local data work?
Customers can enjoy unlimited usage of free local data between Saturday 00:00 and Sunday 23:59 (Singapore Time). Hence, any data usage on those days will not be deducted from your monthly data bundle. Fair Usage Policy (FUP) applies to the Unlimited Saturday and Sunday local data.
- I am a customer subscribed to the Lite Plan. Why am I not eligible to enjoy the Unlimited Saturday and Sunday local data?
The Lite plan is catered for customers with low data usage. As such, we would recommend customers to evaluate their usage patterns and choose a more appropriate plan to fit their mobile needs. XS/S/M/L/XL plans are eligible for the Unlimited Saturday and Sunday local data usage.
- Why are there no local SMS bundled with XS/S/M/L Plans?
StarHub works towards introducing mobile plans that provide value to our customers and we recognize that customers’ usage patterns have shifted toward data. Our XS/S/M/L plans do not come bundled with SMS. Only Lite plan and XL plan come with 100 local SMS and unlimited local SMS respectively. Nevertheless, customers can still receive incoming SMS messages free of charge, and outgoing local SMS messages are charged a pay-per-use rate of $0.0535 (incl. GST) per SMS/MMS.
- Can I purchase add-on options for SMS and voice calls?
- Will there be Fair Usage Policy (FUP) implemented on Unlimited minutes and Unlimited SMS?
Yes, if a customer uses more than (i) 10,000 local call minutes per month or (ii) 10,000 local SMS/MMS per month (pro-rated to your billing cycle period), it will be deemed as excessive or abusive usage. Usage above the specified amount will be charged at prevailing pay-per-use rates of $0.1605 (incl. GST) per minute and $0.0535 (incl. GST) per SMS/MMS.
- Can customers get Wi-Fi access with the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
StarHub customers can connect to Wireless@SG Wi-Fi hotspots to enjoy free wireless Internet access at more than 1800 locations. As an added convenience for StarHub Mobile customers, they can seamlessly connect to these Wireless@SG hotspots through SIM-based authentication, after performing a one-time setup on a supported mobile device. For details, please visit www.starhub.com/wsg.
Value Added Services
- I am a Business customer. What Value-Added Services (VASes) can I sign up for with the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
All applicable mobile VASes for the old 4G Plans are eligible with the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. These include (but not limited to) DataJump, Plus 3, Free IDD018, International Roaming, MultiSIM and SmartSupport, Caller Number Display and Split billing. Only SmartShare service is not eligible for the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans.
- Can I sign up for Data Value-Added Services (VASes) with the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
Yes, the Data VASes such as (but not limited to) DataJump, Plus 3 and Data Upsize (1GB) are applicable to the new Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. Any excess data usage is charged at $10.70/GB (incl. GST), and capped at $238/month (incl. GST).
- I am an existing Business customer with a subscription to SmartShare service. Will I be eligible to sign up for the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans?
No, customers on SmartShare service are not eligible to sign up for the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. If you wish to sign up for the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans, you can do so on a different billing account from the mobile lines with SmartShare.
- I am a customer on the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. Am I eligible to subscribe to the Free IDD 018 Value-Added Service (VAS)?
Yes, customers on the Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans are eligible to activate the Free IDD 018 VAS at $7/month, subject to the terms and conditions of the Free IDD 018 VAS. In addition, there will be a limit of 700 minutes per month for the maximum duration of the IDD calls made under the Free IDD 018 VAS. Thereafter, for usage more than 700 minutes a month, there will be charges imposed for the excess minutes at the prevailing IDD 018 rates of the call destination.