05 May 2010
Singapore, 5 May 2010 – To cap a grand finale to the 2009/2010 Barclays Premier League season, StarHub announced today that it will air the final Premier League matches of the season ‘live’ on nine different StarHub TV channels simultaneously on 9 May 2010 (Sunday).
With Manchester United trailing Chelsea by a single point, the clubs will head into the ultimate weekend of the Premier League campaign. Will Chelsea be rewarded for its wins against the rest of the “big four”? Will Manchester United succeed in its quest to win an unprecedented fourth title in a row and 19th overall? Viewers will find out as ten Premier League matches kick off at 10.55pm on Sunday. StarHub will air nine matches ‘live’ at 10.55pm, and one match delayed on 10 May (Monday) at 1.30am.
Ms Sandie Lee, StarHub’s Senior Vice President of Content Services said, “The initiative to air nine Premier League matches ‘live’ simultaneously is one of the ways that we wish to express our appreciation to our Sports Group customers for their support. We are excited to present them this weekend of football extravaganza, and look forward to offering them more compelling sports action in the year ahead.”
The match between Burnley Vs Tottenham Hotspur will be made available on StarHub’s Preview Channel (Ch 101), while Hull City Vs Liverpool will be telecast on SuperSports Arena (Ch 201). Both matches are accessible by all cable TV subscribers.
The matches that will be aired ‘live’ at 10.55pm this Sunday on the respective channels include:
- Chelsea Vs Wigan Athletic on Football Channel (Ch 222) and Sports HD (Ch 255)
- Manchester United Vs Stoke City on SuperSports (Ch 202)
- Arsenal Vs Fulham on SuperSports Plus (Ch 203)
- Hull City Vs Liverpool on SuperSports Arena (Ch 201)
- Burnley Vs Tottenham Hotspur on Preview Channel (Ch 101)
- West Ham United Vs Manchester City on FC 1 (Ch 223)
- Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Sunderland on FC 2 (Ch 224)
- Bolton Wanderers Vs Birmingham City on FC 3 (Ch 225)
- Aston Villa Vs Blackburn Rovers on FC 4 (Ch 226)
Delayed at 1.30am:
10. Everton vs Portsmouth on Football Channel (Ch 222)
Viewers can refer to the On-screen TV Guide or StarHub’s Online Programme Guide for the updated schedules of StarHub TV sports channels.
StarHub TV Sports Group will be lowered by more than 50 percent to $12 monthly from June 2010. Existing StarHub TV customers can call 1633 to subscribe to the Sports Group, while new customers who wish to subscribe to StarHub TV can call 1630.