22 August 2008
Relive Olympic Games Glory On StarHub Digital Cable
Singapore, 22 August 2008 – Teenage swimmer Tao Li was the pride of Singapore when she surpassed all expectations to become the first Singapore swimmer to qualify for an Olympic swimming final. Paddlers Li Jiawei, Wang Yuegu and Feng Tianwei captured the hearts of Singaporeans when they clinched the silver medal in the Olympic women's table tennis team event.
Now, viewers in Singapore can relive Team Singapore’s achievements on television as StarHub, the official cable and mobile broadcaster of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, will telecast an exciting line-up of key Olympic Games events on StarHub’s Preview Channel, Channel 01. The channel is available free to all cable TV customers, and programmes will be aired over a week after the Games, from 25 August to 31 August 2008, at a primetime telecast slot of 7pm till midnight on weekdays, and from noon till midnight over the weekend.
Olympic Games programmes that will be televised include the table tennis women’s team semi-final and final, women's 100-metre Butterfly final, “Team Singapore Highlights”, “World Record Highlights”, and the finals of selected events.
Viewers can also expect a replay of the historic and spectacular Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony, and the highly anticipated Closing Ceremony that promises a dazzling visual feast. The Closing Ceremony will be aired ‘live’ on Preview Channel on 24 August 2008 at 8pm.
Ms Sandie Lee, StarHub's Senior Vice President of Content Services said, “We are proud of the achievements of our local athletes, and are pleased to offer viewers in Singapore the opportunity to relive the successes of their favourite sporting heroes, and witness all the inspiring moments of this amazing event.”
StarHub is offering viewers in Singapore unparalleled coverage of the Olympic Games across six dedicated channels on its cable TV and mobile platforms, as well as unprecedented HD coverage via MediaCorp’s HD5 (Channel 300).
Encore telecasts and special Olympic programming that will be aired on Preview Channel include:
- “Team Singapore Highlights” on 25 August 2008 at 9pm
- “Best of Beijing Olympics 2008: Swimming”, including the telecast of the women's 100-metre Butterfly semi-final and final on 25 August at 10pm
- Table tennis women’s team semi-final: Singapore vs Korea on 26 August 2008 at 7pm
- Table tennis women’s team final: China vs Singapore on 26 August 2008 at 10pm
- “World Record Highlights” on 27 August 2008 at 9pm
- “Best of Beijing Olympics: Medal Moments” on 29 August at 7pm
- “Best of Beijing Olympics: Athletics” on 29 August at 9pm
- “Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony” on 30 August at 12pm
For updated telecast schedules, viewers may refer to the On-screen TV Guide or StarHub’s Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Online Programme Guide.