20 October 2005
StarHub Showcases Steven Gerrard, Thierry Henry, Rui En, and...A Fish
StarHub Launches New Wave of Sports and Entertainment Mobile Content on 2G and 3G to charm customers
Singapore, 20 October 2005 -
· Steven Gerrard, Captain of Liverpool Football Club (LFC), reveals his 'LFC Dream Team', including Alan Kennedy, Phil Neil and John Barnes!
· Arsenal's Captain, Thierry Henry, looks forward to scoring more goals in the remainder of the English Premier League (EPL) season after making history with a new Club record of 186 goals!
· Rui En, one of Singapore’s most talented actresses, is looking for the most ‘alluring’ back view of a guy!
· And a slightly demented goldfish will be trying to escape his glass bowl without getting flushed!
All these and more will be revealed as StarHub, Singapore’s integrated info-communications provider today announces a slew of exclusive 2G and 3G mobile content that is specially developed to engage its mobile customers’ passion for sports and entertainment!
“From the funny Madfish, the humorous drama serial starring Rui En, to the exclusive Arsenal and Liverpool football club video clips, there is one thing in common - StarHub is going all out to charm our customers with this new wave of compelling mobile content,” said Chan Kin Hung, Senior Vice President of Mobile Services, StarHub.
Soccer Updates - Liverpool & Arsenal
StarHub mobile customers who are Liverpool FC or Arsenal football fans can now stay in touch with all the latest official news and content from their favourite club!
From today, in addition to the EPL video highlights and the Mark Lee Soccer Talk EPL commentary already on StarHub's mobile video content line-up, it will deliver exclusive video clips of Arsenal and Liverpool FC, showcasing the latest interviews and highlights of key matches that will set the hearts of true fans pounding. MMS wallpapers and ringtones will also be available.
Said Mr Chan, “Soccer is a passion for many Singaporeans, with Liverpool and Arsenal being two of the most popular football clubs. In addition to our exclusive EPL video highlights and Mark Lee Soccer Talk commentary, we are delighted to be able to offer more exclusive mobile content that will appeal to soccer fans, while at the same time, give them more inside news and opinions behind the matches played!”
Arsenal FC mobile content
· Pre-match and post-match interviews with club manager, Arsene Wenger;
· Match club highlights from the English Premier League and Champions League for the past 10 years, including the current 2005/2006 season;
· Top 10 Thierry Henry goals including his record-breaking 186th goal;
· Exclusive freestyle clips of your favourite Arsenal players; and
· Wallpapers and images of club crests, logos, match and player highlights.
Nick Harford, Partnership Manager, Arsenal: “We are delighted to be working with StarHub and look forward to continually introducing fresh, exciting and exclusive Arsenal content to the mobiles of our fans in Singapore.”
Official Liverpool FC mobile content
· Pre-match press conferences and exclusive weekly player and manager interviews;
· Match highlights from the 2005/2006 English Premier League and UEFA Champions League for the past 10 years;
· 'Retro' video including classic clips of LFC vs Everton, best goals against Manchester United, Kop Heroes and match action;
· Official wallpapers and images of club crests, logos, match action and players;
· Collection of Polyphonic Tones and True Tones: Classic goals, lifting the Champions League cup plus fans chants.
Jo Crump, Marketing & Mobile Manager of Liverpoolfc.tv, said: "Partnering with StarHub is an exciting project for us allowing the LFC fan-base in Singapore to access an array of exclusive and official content right from the heart of the club they love. We welcome the opportunity to further develop the relationship with the fans in the region and bring them closer to all the action."
To reward Hubbing customers, StarHub Mobile post-paid customers with cable TV subscription will be able to stream these clips for free, while other StarHub Mobile post-paid customers can get the video clips at S$0.50, whether downloaded or streamed. MMS wallpapers are charged at S$1.50 each. Liverpool FC ringtones are charged at S$1.50 for Polyphonic Tones and S$2.50 for True Tones.
Besides a chance to win $1,000 cash monthly by accessing any on-demand EPL mobile content, from now till 20 December 2005, all customers who download or stream any of the exclusive Arsenal or Liverpool FC video clips will also stand to win a trip for two to England to watch a 'live' EPL match.
Continued Mr Chan, “We are already working towards providing mobile content of other popular EPL clubs, which we hope to introduce over the next year!”
The Search is On for Rui En
StarHub is proud to introduce a brand new mobile drama scripted especially for StarHub mobile customers! Called The Search, and starring popular and multi-talented local singer/actress Rui En, this 20-episode Mandarin mobile drama is about a young lady's journey of self-discovery. Rui En plays Sandy, an advertising executive assigned by her boss to find the most ‘alluring’ back view of a guy for a commercial. But when she spots the perfect model, the man mysteriously disappears, leading to a series of adventures that will test her courage and resolve.
Says Rui En: "I felt this was an extremely well-scripted "drama" - both entertaining and insightful at the same time. My character's ponderings on love and life through this mini journey of hers were very poetic - it's really not just a story about looking for a back-view. It's also about our constant search for love and meaning in life.”
A new episode will be available every Tuesday and Friday after which customers will be able to participate in an exclusive The Search SMS contest. 20 winners will be chosen to receive a S$200 Zara voucher each after every episode.
The Search video-streams are chargeable at S$0.50 per episode. Each SMS entry to the contest is charged at S$0.50.
Madfish - Singapore first animated cartoon on mobile!
Introducing Madfish, the crazy goldfish who lives in a small round bowl in his own little world. Singapore’s first animated cartoon will soon be available exclusively on StarHub mobile customers! Madfish features a goldfish that believes that he is ‘above’ being a goldfish and should be pursuing more adventurous goals in the real world. Over the course of 30 episodes, he plots and schemes to devise ways to escape his oxygenated jail cell.
This clever animated cartoon comedy debuts 20 October 2005. Each episode is charged at S$0.50 per stream or S$0.90 per download. New episodes will be introduced twice every week, on Monday and Thursday. In addition, MMS wallpapers and animations are available at S$1.50 per download, MP3/True Tones at S$2.50 per download and Call Tones at $2.00 per download.
In the MadFish Contest, the top five customers who access the Madfish clips or download MMS and MP3/True/Call Tones will win a $500 travel voucher each.
Visit www.starhub.com/mobile for more information.
- END -