Cross Carriage of BPL
Dear Valued Customers,
We understand you are anticipating to catch the upcoming BPL season cross carried on StarHub TV. Thus, our goal is to make the signing-up process and viewing of matches as seamless as possible. Here is a list of FAQ to address some of your queries.
1. What does the cross carriage of Barclays Premier League (BPL) mean? How does Cross Carriage work?
On 24 April 2013, the MDA directed SingTel to offer Cross-Carriage of the Barclays Premier League (BPL) live matches over the next three seasons, starting from 2013. The BPL seasons from Aug 2013 – May 2016 was deemed as Qualified Content and will be required to be made available to customers using StarHub set top box.
Therefore, BPL 2013-2016 will be made available to customers who wish to access it through mio TV set top boxes as well as StarHub TV set top boxes.
2. How many years will BPL be available on cross carriage?
BPL will be on cross carriage for the next three (3) BPL seasons, until 2016.
3. Are the Champions League and Europa League available on cross carriage as well?
Champions League and Europa League are not available on cross carriage.
4. What are the channels that I will enjoy as part of the subscription of BPL?
The subscription price and packaging for BPL content is determined by SingTel. You may refer to SingTel Business mioTV website at http://www.singteltv.com.sg/business/channels-packages_mio-stadium-pack.asp for more details.
Pricing, Packaging and Billing
5. As a StarHub TV customer, can I subscribe to mio Stadium Pack?
Customers who are currently subscribing to StarHub TV on Cable and StarHub TV on Fibre can subscribe to mio Stadium Pack.
6. I am a StarHub Digital Terrestrial TV (DTTV) customer. Can I subscribe to mio Stadium Pack on StarHub DTTV set top box?
mio Stadium Pack will not be available on StarHub’s DTTV set-top box. Recently, StarHub launched StarHub TV on Fibre, a New IPTV Service that offers HD content and three times as many channels as compared to DTTV. We highly encourage you to upgrade your DTTV service to SHTV on Fibre so as to take advantage of a full suite of exciting sports content for your entertainment pleasure. SHTV on Fibre customers can also sign up to receive BPL content on our IPTV set top boxes.
7. How much does BPL cost and how many channels will I get?
The subscription price and packaging for BPL content is determined by SingTel. You may refer to SingTel Business mioTV website at http://mio.singtel.com/businessmiotv/channels-packages_mio-stadium-pack.asp for more details.
8. Will the BPL subscription charges for StarHub TV subscriber be the same as customer on SingTel mio TV set top box?
Customers who signed up mio Stadium Pack via StarHub TV set top boxes will enjoy the same subscription rates as SingTel mio TV customers.
9. Who will be billing me for the BPL subscription?
SingTel will be billing the subscription directly to the customer.
10. Will the subscription to mio Stadium Pack be charged under my StarHub TV monthly bill?
No, all subscription charges in relation to the mio Stadium Pack will be billed directly by SingTel to the customer.
11. How do I subscribe for mio Stadium Pack on StarHub TV service?
To subscribe to mio Stadium Pack on your StarHub TV set top box, please contact SingTel’s Business Enquiry Hotline at 1606 or visit Business@SingTel shop Comcentre. The following information is required during the sign up:
Business Registration Number (BRN) of the subscriber
StarHub TV Outlet ID number
12. Why do I have to wait till August for my subscription of mio Stadium Pack to be activated on my StarHub TV set-top box?
Given that BPL 2013-2016 starts on 17 August 2013, the subscription for StarHub's customers, including billing, will only start 17 August 2013.
13. I am an existing StarHub TV customer subscribing to mio Stadium Pack and have billing and programming related enquires. Should I contact StarHub or mio TV?
For any billing or programming related enquiries to mio Stadium Pack, please contact SingTel’s Business Enquiry Hotline at 1606.
14. I am an existing StarHub TV customer subscribing to mio Stadium Pack and have encountered technical issues. Should I contact StarHub or mio TV?
For any technical assistance on your StarHub TV set top box, please contact StarHub Business Care Hotline at 1631.
15. I have both StarHub TV and mio TV in my business premises, does it mean that I will only need to subscribe to mio Stadium Pack on either service and get to enjoy it on both boxes?
No, you can choose to sign up mio Stadium Pack on either mio TV or StarHub TV set top box. The mio Stadium Pack will only be available on the set top box which you have opted for.
16. I have more than 1 StarHub TV set-top boxes. Is BPL available on all my set-top boxes?
No, Business customers are required to subscribe to BPL content on all their set-top boxes should they require the content on all the TV sets.
17. I am not subscribed to Sports Premium Pack on my StarHub TV subscription, can I still subscribe to just BPL through my StarHub set-top box?
Yes, our customers can sign up to receive BPL content on our StarHub TV set top boxes without any Sport Premium Pack subscription. We do, however, have a full suite of exciting sports content lined up for your entertainment pleasure that is under our current special promotion. We highly encourage you to consider signing up now to enjoy the extra savings.
18. If my StarHub service is suspended, will my mio Stadium Pack continue to be charged?
Yes, your subscription will continue to be charged by SingTel even if your StarHub service is suspended. To enjoy undisrupted viewing on your StarHub TV please make payment to your account.
19. If I change my billing/service address, do I need to inform SingTel?
Yes, when you change your billing address, you are required to inform SingTel.
20. Where can I find my StarHub TV Outlet ID number?
StarHub Cable TV business customers may obtain their Outlet ID via the following steps:
- Press the Interactive button on the remote control
- Once the app loads, press * key on the remote to display Outlet ID
Alternatively, you may contact StarHub Business Care Hotline at 1631 for your StarHub TV Outlet ID number.