26 November 2009
Singapore, 26 November 2009 – StarHub today announced that it will launch Granada TV - a new entertainment channel for Asia, on 1 December 2009, 6am. Granada TV will initially be made available free to all StarHub TV customers via channel 96 for six months, till 31 May 2010. StarHub will announce details in due course on how customers can sign up for the channel following the free preview.
Granada TV offers a compelling variety of UK dramas, comedy, cutting-edge reality programming and the best in talk and entertainment shows. The channel is part of ITV Studios, and draws on the vast resources of the ITV programming library. ITV is UK's most successful commercial broadcaster and one of the world’s largest television producers.
Ms Ong Bee Lian, StarHub’s Vice President of Home Solutions said, “We aim to consistently add value to our cable TV service by offering customers breadth with our wide range of branded channels, and depth in programming with our award-winning and highly rated content from around the world. We are delighted to strengthen our selection of choice programming with the launch of Granada TV, and hope to give customers a taste of what StarHub TV has to offer in terms of UK content through this special preview of the channel.”
James Ross, Regional Director - Asia, ITV Studios, said, “The launch of Granada TV on StarHub is another milestone in the channels roll-out across Asia since its 2008 launch. By partnering with StarHub, we will be able to introduce a new Singapore audience to an extraordinary range of fresh entertainment programming from ITV, one of the world’s leading TV broadcasters and production companies.”
Granada TV joins several channels from the BBC to further augment the world class medley of British channels on StarHub TV’s platform from five to six.
Programmes that StarHub TV customers can enjoy on Granada TV this December include:
- ‘Prime Suspect’ (Series 3 and 4 from 12 December, Saturdays at 10pm): An enthralling series starring internationally acclaimed actress Helen Mirren as tough-talking detective Jane Tennison in a landmark role which has earned her a host of awards, including a Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress In A Mini-Series Or Special and a BAFTA award for Best Actress.
- ‘A Christmas Carol’ (23 December, 9pm): A contemporary version of the Dickens classic starring Ross Kemp as Scrooge.
- ‘Christmas Lights’ (24 December, 9pm): Robson Green and Mark Benton star in this critically-acclaimed comedy drama about two friends who take rivalry to the extremes and end up forgetting what Christmas is really about.
- The Springer Show’ (Continuing every Monday at 11pm throughout December): A UK version of ‘The Jerry Springer Show’, a television tabloid talk show hosted by former politician Jerry Springer.
- ‘Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway’ (Continuing every Saturday at 8pm throughout December): Hosted by the comedic duo Ant & Dec, this variety show gives those in the audience a chance to win the items featured in commercial breaks.
- ‘Rough Diamond’ (Series 1 and 2 from 10 December, Thursdays at 9pm): Award-winning actor David Jason stars as Des Parker, a lovable rouge in prison who, beneath the harmless exterior, is actually a razor-sharp master of disguise.
- Othello (22 December, 9pm): A stunning contemporary drama written by acclaimed Andrew Davies that takes Shakespeare’s timeless themes of jealousy, betrayal and murder into a gritty, metropolitan setting.
Viewers can visit www.starhub.com/tvfor more details.
- END -