Singapore, 4 June 2002 - StarHub Internet today announces that customers will now be able to retrieve their StarHub Internet e-mails (i.e. USERID@starhub.net.sg ) on their WAP/GPRS mobile phone through a new service called i.Mail. This service - currently in beta trial - will be a first for Singapore ISPs and marks another instance where the convergence of the Internet and mobile networks will improve customer convenience, flexibility, and further enhance their mobile and Internet lifestyle.
"Through this service, customers will be able to retrieve and respond to their Internet e-mails instantaneously, securely, and more importantly, directly from their email accounts on their mobile devices even while they are on the move," said Mr David Ho, Assistant Vice President, Consumer IP Services, StarHub Internet. "This will inevitably provide our customers greater convenience in their work and e-lifestyle experience."
i.Mail will allow users to:
- Login to their e-mail boxes easily and securely through a 1-Click Login functionality;
- Read full text and HTML (which will be converted to text) email messages;
- Compose or reply to email messages up to 90 characters;
- Search and browse email addresses quickly;
- Forward email messages or attachments;
- Delete or move messages into multi-level folders;
Have a common address book across the Internet and WAP;
- POP external mailboxes to the mobile phone;
Any person with a StarHub Internet e-mail account will be able to use this service, as long as they have a fully configured WAP/GPRS mobile handset and a WAP/GPRS subscription from any mobile operator in Singapore. Users can activate the service via the Internet at www1.starhub.net.sg/imail/index.shtml. They should also configure their WAP/GPRS mobile phone as follow:
- StarHub Mobile Gee! subscribers - StarHub Internet’s paying customers who are also StarHub Mobile Gee! subscribers can access their StarHub Internet e-mail via the Gee! Menu under InfoManager .
Non-StarHub Mobile WAP/GPRS subscribers - StarHub Internet’s paying customers who are not on StarHub Mobile Gee! GPRS service should direct their mobile phone browser to <http://wapmail.starhub.net.sg/wapmail/login.php> .
At present, this service is free and commercial pricing will be made available at a later stage. For more information on StarHub Internet’s i.Mail service, please log onto www1.starhub.net.sg/imail/index.shtml .
- End -