20 March 2020
The COVID-19 situation has changed how we work, learn, socialise with friends, colleagues, and loved ones and conduct business. We hope you have been well and will continue to stay safe in these extraordinary times.
During this trying period, StarHub has taken a number of steps since 7 February 2020 to ensure we remain your trusted partner for all your info-communications, entertainment and digital solution needs.
We understand you may have concerns as you interact with us at our shops, over our hotline, receive on-site assistance from our Hub Troopers or collaborate with our field engineers and sales teams. As such, we share with you that we have been rigorously following the recommendations of MOH over the last two months. These include:
- Split-team arrangements at our network operations centres, Consumer and Business contact centres, and retail stores; and working from home where we can
- Frontline employees will put on face masks and may request travel status from customers
- Regular employee advisories – situational updates and hygiene practices
- Increasing the frequency and depth of our cleaning routines
- Issued personal thermometers and ensuring that hand sanitisers and surgical masks are available to employees; twice-daily temperature screening for employees
- Overseas travel restrictions and minimising face-to-face meetings for employees; replacing with video or teleconferencing where possible
- Screening office visitors and registering their temperature and past travel schedules
As we take responsibility in safeguarding the well-being and safety of our employees and customers, we will continue to do our absolute best to serve up our Mobile, TV Entertainment, Broadband as well as our Enterprise ICT solutions, 24x7, to enable you to carry on with life as normally as possible.
We know digital info-communications solutions are essential to you as you work, self-isolate at home more or enable continuity of business operations. We have rolled out additional support measures to help customers and our community tide over this challenging period, such as enhanced entertainment options for customers as well as waived fees and discounted rates for Enterprise ICT solutions.
We are committed to continue supporting you at our contact centres and digital channels. We seek your understanding that at times we may take longer than usual to answer your call or reply your messages. This is because we have implemented social distancing and self-isolation for employees with the slightest illness of any kind, as additional precautions. While such measures may temporarily slow processing, we would like to seek your understanding that these are necessary to safeguard everyone’s well-being.
These are unprecedented times, and we are committed to keeping up health and safety standards at our workplace. We will continue to review our measures and adapt as the situation evolves.
If you have any special requests to be looked at, we will be most happy to explore what we can do to help find other solutions or options for you.
Please take care and stay safe.
Chief Executive, StarHub