SmartSupport Enterprise FAQ
- What is SmartSupport?
SmartSupport is the personal assistant for your phone. All it takes is 4 hours for a replacement device to reach you and instant access to a tech expert to make sure your phone works the way you want it.
- How much is SmartSupport monthly subscription?
Monthly Subscription Fee
Replace or Swap^
(Up to 2X per year)
|Device Swap Service Fee||$25 -$250|
|Device Replacement Service Fee||$75-$650|
|Monday to Sunday||×||✔|
- What is the difference between SmartSupport Plus and SmartSupport Basic?
While both plans offer device replacement or swap, SmartSupport Plus comes with additional perks of of Mobile Technical Support (MTS) via our tech specialiststs.
- Is SmartSupport service a mobile insurance plan?
No, SmartSupport is not a mobile insurance plan.
- Can I sign up to SmartSupport if I purchase a mobile device at retail price with no contract at StarHub retail outlets?
No, you are not able to sign up to SmartSupport if you purchase a mobile device at retail price with no contract.
- Handset manufacturers already provided me with 12 months warranty, why should I take up SmartSupport?
SmartSupport provides assistance in all after-sales device issues including having a device delivered to your door step and reconnecting you with your device. With SmartSupport Plus, you can even get mobile technical support on your device issue.
Eligibility For Enrolment
- Who is eligible to sign up to SmartSupport Enterprise?
Customer who signs up a new corporate mobile plan or re-contracts a corporate mobile plan and purchases a new handset, will be eligible to sign up for SmartSupport at the time of signing up and purchase of the new handset.
Applicants must be a small and medium-sized company, business or partnership registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA) to be eligible for the SmartSupport Service. Applications are subject to StarHub’s approval and credit checks. StarHub reserves the right to decline any applications. Applicants are required to present their latest business profiles and other relevant documents as may be required by StarHub.
- Can I sign up for SmartSupport for more than one device?
Yes, as long as each new device is associated with a corporate mobile plan.
- Can I sign up for SmartSupport on my existing old Device?
No, SmartSupport is not available for customers using their existing Device. SmartSupport service is only applicable for new mobile sign up or re-contract mobile with purchase of a new device.
- How do I sign up for SmartSupport for my enterprise mobile line?
You can sign up via StarHub Account Managers, Channel Partners, StarHub Retail Shops and at SME Hub at point of purchase of new device from StarHub together with mobile plan (new or recontract).
- How will my company be billed?
You will be billed a monthly fee via your StarHub corporate bill. First month’s bill will be pro-rated to your commencement date.
- Can I terminate my SmartSupport service anytime?
Yes, there is no minimum contract period. You can terminate your SmartSupport service at any time.
- What kind of devices can I sign up for SmartSupport?
All mobile devices that is offered by StarHub Enterprise Team or retailing at any StarHub retail outlet is able to sign up for SmartSupport.
- Can I retain the SmartSupport service after terminating my corporate mobile plan?
No. SmartSupport service will be terminated when you terminate your corporate mobile plan.
- How do I terminate SmartSupport service?
You can send your termination request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is SmartSupport service transferable?
No, SmartSupport service is not transferable. The SmartSupport service will be terminated once the transfer takes effect.
- I have signed up for SmartSupport service for all my mobile devices, how do I track my SmartSupport enrolment date?
You can contact SmartSupport support via email@example.com or contact SmartSupport hotline at 800 852 6030 or +65 6822 2255 (when overseas).
- How does the 2-in-12 limit work?
You may file up to 2 swaps or replacements within a 12month period. The table below shows how it works:
|Monthly Plan Service Request limits|
Service Request 1
Service Request 2
Service Request 3
12 months after Shipment date of Service Request 1
Service Request 4
12 months after Shipment date of Service Request 2
- What is the difference between swap and replace?
Swap: Enrolled device is still in your possession
Replace: Enrolled device is no longer in your possession
- How does StarHub determine if I get a new or refurbished set for my swap or replacement device?
This is dependent on the stock availability at the point of service request.
- Can I request for a new device?
You will not be able to request for a new device as the allocation is based on stock availability
- Can I reject the offer of a Like Mobile Device which is the same make and model but of a different colour?
If you reject the Like Mobile Device due to colour, your service request will be cancelled
- Can I reject a Like Mobile Device which is of different make and model and request to wait for stock to be available?
No. Only StarHub has the discretion to offer you the option to wait for up to 30 days for your device (same make, model and colour your current device) to be available
- What happens if stock is available before the 30 days waiting period?
StarHub will contact you once stock is available
- What happens if there is still no stock after 30 days waiting period?
StarHub will contact you after 30 days to inform you that no stock is available and offer a Like Mobile Device (may be same make/different model or different make/different model).
If you reject the offer of a Like Mobile Device, your service request will be cancelled
- What is a modified device?
Modified Device refers to either software or hardware modification or both.
- Software modification - Some modification has been made to a Device’s operating system not undertaken or authorised by the original equipment manufacturer and includes software modification known as ‘jail-breaking’ and ‘rooting’
- Hardware modification – hardware modification means any modification made to a Device’s hardware not undertaken or authorised by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Why does StarHub need to register the IMEI of the lost device with Singapore Police Force?
Once you accept the replacement device, StarHub will become the owner of your original device and StarHub may register the IMEI of the lost device with the Singapore Police Force
- What happens if I recover my original device after I have completed my service request?
As StarHub is the owner of the original device, you will have to return the original device to StarHub. For return process, please contact SmartSupport hotline at 800 852 6030.
- What do you mean by a Like Mobile Device?
Device will be replaced/swapped with like mobile device; which means
- May be new or refurbished
- Is of similar kind, quality and functionality
- If refurbished, it may contain original or non-original manufacturer parts
- Has same or greater memory
- May be different make, model or color
- Has a different IMEI
Fulfillment & Payment
- How to be eligible for service request?
Your SmartSupport service needs to be in "active" status in order to be eligible for the service request. Your device IMEI should also match the IMEI recorded under your corporate mobile plan and you are within the limit
- How do I file a service request for my company?
You may email your service request form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download the service request form at www.starhub.com/smartsupportbiz
Complete the form by filling in the following required information:
- Name of mobile user
- Company Name
- Company BRN
- Enrolled Mobile Number
- Enrolled Handset model
- Enrolled Handset IMEI number
- Where can I download the Service Request Form?
The Service Request Form may be downloaded from www.starhub.com/smartsupportbiz
- Do I need to pay upon filing for a service request?
Yes. The service fee will be payable to Asurion, as StarHub’s service provider, for the collection of Service Fee by Credit Card or Debit Card over the phone at the time of your service request.
- When will my service request application be processed?
Our agents will process service request from Mon-Sat, 9am – 6pm and an agent will contact you for verification.
If the service request is accepted, we will arrange for delivery to your registered business address.
- Who or what number do I call if I need assistance on filling up the Service Request Form?
You can contact SmartSupport via email@example.com or contact SmartSupport hotline at 800 852 6030 or +65 6822 2255 (when overseas).
- Do I have to pay any additional charge when I file a service request?
Yes, a service fee payable when making a service request. The service fee is based on the Tier set out in the table below applicable for your Registered Device.
|Device RRP1||Swap Fee2||Replacement Fee2|
$251 - $500
$501 - $750
- RRP is the recommended retail price of your device (inclusive of GST) at launch date.
- Includes GST
- How do I pay for the service fee?
You can pay via credit card or debit card or any other payment method as offered by StarHub.
- Do I need to be at my registered business address to accept the delivery?
You are required to be at the registered business address to accept the delivery. Please ensure that you are personally present with the following documents :
- Valid proof of identity
- Staff ID or Business Card
- Original stamped copy of the service request form or a copy of company’s Business Profile (dated within 1 month for new customer/6 months for existing customer) from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authorities of Singapore (ACRA)
- How will I receive the swap/replacement device?
The device will be sent to your registered business address on: (i) the main island of Singapore; (ii) Sentosa; or (iii) Jurong Island and the outlying islands of Singapore.
- What are the delivery hours?
Acceptance time of Service Request
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 2 pm
Within 4 hours of the Acceptance Time
Monday to Friday, between 2 pm and midnight
The next day before 12:00 noon
Monday to Saturday, midnight to 8am
The same day before 12:00 noon
Saturday 8 am to 2 pm
Within 4 hours of the Acceptance Time
Saturday after 2 pm to Monday 8am
Monday before 12:00 noon
* For delivery times that fall on a public holiday, the delivery will occur on the next day that is not a public holiday.
- Can the swap/replacement device be sent overseas?
Yes. Additional charges will apply and timing will depend on destination. Payment must be via credit card for overseas shipment.
- What do I do with the existing device if I request for a swap?
If you request a swap, you will need to hand over your enrolled device to the courier delivering the replacement device. If you fail to hand over your existing device, courier will not deliver your replacement device and an additional charge may apply.
- Will accessories be included and does it come in original packaging?
You cannot file a service request for an accessory. The replacement/swap device does not come in original packaging.
Mobile Technical Support (Applicable only to SmartSupport Plus)
- What is Mobile Tech Support (MTS)?
Mobile Tech Support (MTS) is a personalized, technical support service, featuring experts in StarHub devices and consumer electronics. If you're having an issue with your phone or virtually any device that connects to it, you can contact our Tech Specialists for help.
Our Tech Specialists can solve most issues in just one call. However, if the Tech Specialists don’t have the answer right away, they'll call you back at your convenience with a solution. In addition, the Tech Specialists will make recommendations on how to optimize your device for your lifestyle.
MTS also provides digital tools within the enhanced version of the SmartSupport App, including chat support and customized device tips and tricks to help you learn how to get the most out of your device.
One simple tap will link you with our Tech Specialists in seconds with no menus, prompts or transfers!
- What's the support scope for Mobile Tech Support (MTS)?
With MTS, you'll receive personalized service from Tech Specialists who'll help you with the device enrolled with SmartSupport, including how to connect it with other products and services.
For example, our Tech Specialists can help you:
- Transfer your contacts, photos and videos from one device to another
- Optimize your device's performance (battery, speed, storage, etc.)
- Discover apps to help you use your device to its fullest potential (email, browsing, games, etc.)
- Connect with wireless networks and other wireless devices in and out of your home
- What devices can MTS support?
MTS supports your mobile device enrolled with SmartSupport and virtually anything it connects to, for example:
- Bluetooth® devices and accessories
- Cloud services
MTS cannot fully support any device which is jail-broken or rooted and non-official Apps.
- What 3rd party apps can MTS support?
Any legitimate 3rd party Apps that are available on official App stores, such as Google Play and App Store. MTS cannot support any missing features or issues within the App.
- What devices are compatible with SmartSupport App?
The new app will only support Android (OS 5.0 and above) and iOS (iOS 9.0 and above) devices. It does not support BlackBerry 10 devices, unless the BlackBerry device has Android Please note that you must have an active SIM installed in order to use the app.
- What happens when I change to a new device?
Simply install the SmartSupport App on your new device and you're good to go.
- Can I install the SmartSupport App on multiple devices?
No, you can only install the SmartSupport App onto the device which is enrolled with SmartSupport.
- Would the SmartSupport App have access to any of my personal data on my device?
No, SmartSupport App will not have access to any of your personal data on your device.
- What is the operation hour?
You may contact MTS from Monday to Sunday, 9AM - 6PM
- How can I get started with Mobile Tech Support (MTS)?
You need to download the SmartSupport App. Getting started is easy and takes just a few minutes! Click here to download
Once downloaded, please open the app and use your registered 8-digit mobile number to activate MTS Service.
- How can I reach Tech Specialists?
Simply click the "Chat" or "Call" button in the home menu of the SmartSupport App and it will connect you to our Tech Specialists in seconds. Alternatively, you can dial 800 852 6028 or +65 6822 2218 from overseas. You may be charged for local or international call/data fees when you use the features.
- Can I enjoy the MTS feature if I have not downloaded the SmartSupport App?
No, you will need to download the SmartSupport App.
- How often can I contact MTS with technical issues?
MTS provides unlimited support. Call or chat with our Tech Specialists as often as you like through the SmartSupport App.
- What is Remote Access?
In addition to calling or chatting, our Tech Specialist is able to provide instant support to you in the comfort of your own home by accessing your phone remotely. To start a remote session, you will need to accept the Tech Specialist request to access your phone. Only with your approval, you can share screen and have the Tech Specialist troubleshoots issues under your supervision. The connection will be disconnected once the session ends or you can terminate it by tapping on “End Session” on your notification bar.
Remote Access only supports platforms like Android, iOS, and Blackberry. However iOS and the new Blackberry v10 do not have full remote control capabilities.
- I am an existing SmartSupport Plus customer, how can I enjoy the enhanced MTS?
Download the SmartSupport App from the app store and follow the simple registration steps on the app. Once completed, you will receive personalized notifications as well as instant access to a Tech Specialist through call or chat.