Cable/Fibre Broadband Unplanned Signal Shutdown or Maintenance
The time taken to resolve an outage may differ on a case to case basis. However, please be assured that our engineers are working to restore the service as soon as possible.
Cable/Fibre Broadband Planned Signal Shutdown or Maintenance
The planned signal shutdowns/maintenances happen for a variety of reasons. In most cases, they are related to third party requirements like network maintenance or enbloc cable diversion.
An approximate duration of 8 hours is required as these activities usually involve major construction works such as excavation and digging of roads. The full 8 hours may not be required, depending on the level of work involved.
As most of the maintenances/shutdowns affect residential homes, the intent is to carry them out during weekdays when most people are at work or school.
For HDB home owners, a notification letter will be placed in your letterbox if the signal shutdown/maintenance is more than an hour. Notices will be placed at the lift lobbies if otherwise.
For landed home owners, a notification letter will be placed in your letterbox.
For condominium home owners, you will find notices placed at the lift lobbies.
Top 5 questions:
- 1. I am travelling overseas, how can I activate roaming or manage data?
- 2. How do I pay my bills online?
- 3. How do I check the speed of my broadband connection?
- 4. How do I check the balance on my prepaid card?
- 5. I am moving house, how do I migrate all of my StarHub services to the new residential address?