Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the unlimited surfing and streaming of SPH digital subscriptions and radio streaming entail?
This means that there will be no local data charges when you surf and stream selected SPH product offerings on your StarHub postpaid mobile network via SPH applications. These SPH product offerings include Lianhe Zaobao, Straits Times, Business Times, and Radio programs (OneFM 91.3, Kiss92, Money FM 89.3, Hao FM 96.3, UFM 100.3)
- Who can enjoy unlimited free surfing and streaming of selected SPH product offerings?
All StarHub Mobile postpaid subscribers can enjoy unlimited free surfing and streaming of selected SPH product offerings via SPH applications.
- Does the unlimited free surfing and streaming on selected SPH product offerings apply when I am roaming?
No. The standard mobile roaming data charges will apply. The unlimited free surfing and streaming of selected SPH product offerings only applies for local usage.
- Are there any requirements with regards to device settings to enjoy this free unlimited surfing/streaming on selected SPH products?
Yes, APN SHWAP must be configured on your device. Please check the configuration following the steps below.
For Apple iPhone
Step 1: Go to "Settings" -> "Mobile Data"
Step 2: Choose "Mobile Data"
Step 3: Choose "Mobile Data Network"
Step 4: Ensure/Modify APN from "shinternet" to "SHWAP"
For Android Phone
Step 1: Go to "Settings" -> "Connections"
Step 2: Choose "Mobile Network"
Step 3: Choose "Access Point Names"
Step 4: Choose SH Data Postpaid & Ensure SHWAP is listed under APN
- There are redirected sites, videos etc. that are found within the mentioned SPH product offerings. Do data charges apply for those sites?
Yes. Zero rating of data for the SPH applications will not apply to external content or services used or embedded (e.g. video contents from Youtube, pictures from facebooks, messages from Twitter, etc) or data delivered through secure URLs (e.g. payment traffic to payment gateway).
- Are there any changes to the bill presentation for the data zero rating on these selected SPH sites?
No, there is no change to the billing presentation.
- Will I be able to use My Account Manager/My StarHub to monitor the SPH product data zero rating date usage?
No, there is no such need because the data usage of SPH selected product offerings will be automatically filtered in our system so that it is worry free to StarHub customers. Therefore the SPH product data zero rating data usage is not shown in My Account Manager or My StarHub.