Win a trip for 2
to New Orleans!sh
Win a trip for 2
to New Orleans!
Explore the famous French and Spanish Creole architecture in New Orleans!
HGTV’s Property Brothers Jonathan and Drew Scott bring their renovation rivalry to New Orleans! From Mardi Gras World to the French Quarters – it’s one crazy adventure!
Now StarHub and HGTV want to give you a chance to WIN a trip for 2 to New Orleans or shopping vouchers worth $250! Follow the trails of Jonathan and Drew in ‘Brothers Take New Orleans’, and explore the famous French and Spanish Creole architecture. Get to experience the most unique city in the United States!
Simply be a HGTV subscriber and give us your best answer to the question below and you could be the lucky winner!
Grand Prize: Trip for 2 to New Orleans!
Consolation prizes X 10: $250 shopping vouchers each
In Brothers Take New Orleans, Jonathan and Drew take their fierce competition on the road when they battle it out in the Big Easy. These talented twins take on their biggest challenge yet when they're asked to work side-by-side in traditional "shotgun" houses in the heart of New Orleans. With just four weeks and $100,000 each in their pockets, the stakes are higher than ever as they compete to increase the value of their homes and restore these historical gems to their former glory.
Brothers Take New Orleans premieres 7 August, Every Monday, 10pm on HGTV HD (Ch 437). Or stream it anytime, anywhere with StarHub Go. (Catch up available on HGTV On Demand (Ch 450) from September)
To be eligible for the contest, you must be a StarHub TV HGTV subscriber.
Not a StarHub TV customer?
Subscribe with StarHub TV now!
Terms and Conditions
1. This Contest commences on 7 August 2017 to 7 September 2017, both dates inclusive (“Contest Period”).
2. Participants must be a StarHub TV residential customer, 21 years of age and above, subscribed to HGTV HD Ch 437 (under the Lifestyle Basic HD Upsize group), and not have any outstanding bills with StarHub during the Contest Period and at the time of the selection of winners.
3. Employees of StarHub and/or Scripps Networks Interactive (Asia) Pte. Ltd. (“SNI”) including their immediate families, as well as commercial customers of StarHub and bulk subscription customers of StarHub, are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
4. Participants will have to do the following during the Contest Period:
Answer the question on www.starhub.com/hgtv
QN: In less than 50 words, tell us why you want to go to New Orleans?
5. At the end of the Contest Period, winners will be picked from the eligible participants based on the creativity and originality of their answer (“Winners”).
6. Each eligible StarHub TV account owner will be entitled to participate once in the Contest.
7. There shall be two (2) different types of prizes (collectively, “Prizes”), as set out below.
Grand Prize. There shall be one (1) Winner of the Grand Prize. The Winner of the Grand Prize is eligible to receive:
- A trip for 2 to New Orleans, USA comprising the following:
(i) return economy class tickets for 2 from Singapore to New Orleans, USA (“Return Flights”)
(ii) 4 nights twin-sharing hotel accommodation in New Orleans, USA with breakfast (“Hotel”)
(iii) Travel insurance for 2 (subject to additional terms and conditions)
(iv) Return airport transfers in New Orleans, USA
(v) A pair of Mardi Gras World Museum (New Orleans) tickets
(vi) A one-day guided tour to certain places featured in the program, Brothers Take New Orleans (“Tour”)
Consolation Prize. There shall be ten (10) Winners of the Consolation Prize. Each Winner of the Consolation Prize shall be eligible to receive S$250 worth of shopping vouchers.
8. The Winners acknowledge and agree that StarHub and/or SNI makes no warranty whatsoever as to the Prizes, including without limitation the availability, destinations, times, quality, fitness for purpose or the value of the flights, transport, goody bags or other gifts.
9. The Grand Prize Winner must obtain all necessary travel documents, such as passports which are valid for the duration of travel and 6 months thereafter and visas (if necessary), for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion, and submit a copy of the same to StarHub within 2 weeks of the date of StarHub’s prize notification email.
10. The Grand Prize Winner and his /her travelling companion must be 21 years of age or above. Both the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travelling companion must travel at the same time and during the Travel Period. “Travel Period” means the period commencing 15 October 2017 to 31 March 2018 excluding the blackout period commencing 30 January 2018 and ending 18 February 2018.
11. The Grand Prize Winner shall provide at least 3 sets of dates on which he/she and his/her travelling companion is available to travel during the Travel Period (“Preferred Dates”). SNI will use its reasonable endeavours to accommodate the Preferred Dates but in the event that SNI is unable to accommodate the Preferred Dates for whatever reason, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to provide further alternative dates during the Travel Period to SNI.
12. Subject to Grand Prize Winner’s compliance with paragraph 13 above and upon written confirmation by SNI of the dates of travel, SNI will book for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travelling companion, the Return Flights, Hotel, travel insurance and Tour (specific airline carrier, accommodation, insurance policy and coverage, Tour date, and other specific details to be determined by SNI in its sole discretion).
13. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her travelling companion shall be responsible for all travelling expenses, including but not limited to, expenditures, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (including airport taxes and departure taxes), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance and any and all other ancillary costs.
14. Acceptance of any of the Prizes shall constitute a release and discharge of StarHub and SNI by the Winners and/or their travelling companion (where applicable) from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winners and/or their travelling companion (where applicable) may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winners and/or their travelling companion (where applicable) as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prizes, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prizes and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
15. StarHub and/or SNI shall not be deemed to be the seller or transferor of the Prizes. The Prizes shall be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by the relevant sponsors, SNI, merchants and/or suppliers of the Prize (“Prize Terms”). Each Winner agrees to be bound by such Prize Terms.
16. StarHub and/or SNI reserves the right to redistribute any unclaimed Prizes to other participants or donate any unclaimed Prizes to the Community Chest or any other approved charitable organization.
17. The Prizes, or any part thereof, shall not be transferable, exchangeable, redeemable or substituted for cash or other benefits.
18. StarHub and/or SNI reserves the right to replace any Prize with another of equal or higher value without prior notice.
19. Winners will be notified via phone/email within 2 weeks after the Contest Period. In the event the chosen Winner cannot be contacted via phone within 24 hours, another Winner will be picked as a replacement.
20. The Winner must confirm acceptance with StarHub via email. In the event StarHub does not receive an answer from the Winner within 24 hours after initial contact is made by StarHub, such Winner may be disqualified. If the Winner is disqualified for this or any other reason, such as being found ineligible or failing to comply with these Terms and Conditions, then the first alternate will be selected instead, as will each of the subsequent alternates until all selections have been made.
21. The Prizes must be redeemed in accordance with the notification letter from StarHub.
22. If a Winner fails to collect the Prize by the deadline(s) specified by StarHub, the Winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the Prize, and no further correspondence will be entertained under any circumstances.
23. Each Winner shall also be required to sign an acknowledgement and release form in respect of his/her use of the Prize, as a condition to his/her receipt of the Prize, failing which, StarHub reserves the right to select another Winner as a replacement.
24. StarHub and SNI will need to collect and use participants’ and the Grand Prize Winner’s travelling companion’s (where applicable) personal data, as well as disclose their personal data to our partners, to facilitate their participation in the Contest. Such personal data may include without limitation a participant’s name, telephone number, email address, personal identification or passport number, as well as his picture, photographs or likeness.
25. StarHub , its partners and/or SNI (collectively, the “Partners”) reserve the right to use the names, pictures, photographs or likeness of any participant, Winner and the Grand Prize Winner’s travelling companion (where applicable) in its marketing, publicity or promotional materials at StarHub and/or each of the Partner's sole discretion without notice to the participant or Winner, or require any participant or Winner to appear in any form of marketing, publicity or promotional activities. StarHub may also use your personal data to conduct analysis on your use of our products and services so as to help us improve, review, develop and efficiently manage the products and services offered to you.
26. If the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travelling companion takes any photographs, videos or voice recordings in New Orleans, USA, StarHub and/or its Partners may request for Grand Prize Winner and/or his travelling companion to provide such pictures, photographs, audio recordings, audio-visual recordings (collectively, “Footage”) under an irrevocable license to use such Footage in their marketing, publicity or promotional materials.
27. By participating in this Contest, you consent to our and our Partners’ collection, use and disclosure of your personal data for the purposes and in the manner described above.
28. StarHub's decisions on the Contest and the Winners shall be final and no correspondence will be entertained under any circumstances. In the event of a dispute, any individual’s entitlement to participate in the Contest and any participant’s entitlement to the Prizes shall be subject to the sole discretion and final determination of StarHub.
29. StarHub and/or SNI is not responsible to any Winner for the redemption of the Prizes. StarHub and/or SNI shall not be liable to any Winner for damages, losses, costs or expenses, lost profits, revenue, business or anticipated savings suffered or incurred by any Winner arising out of or in connection with the redemption of any Prize.
30. StarHub reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Participation in this Contest and continued use of StarHub TV Services will constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions and any amendments thereof.
31. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and parties agree to be bound by the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.