Terms & Conditions - Small Business Day (the "Programme")
- This Programme will be governed by these terms and conditions and such other terms as may be determined by StarHub (collectively, “Terms”). You (the “Participant”) confirm that you have read and understood these Terms and that by your participation in the Programme you agree to be bound by and to comply with the Terms. Non-compliance with or breach of any of the Terms may disqualify a Participant and any marketing support acquired through this Programme may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed, without prejudice to Participant’s obligation to comply with the Terms.
- Participants agree that if they are selected for the Programme, they may be featured in StarHub marketing channels.
- To be eligible to participate in the Programme, Participant must be a small company, business or partnership registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA) with fewer than 20 employees and self-funded during the Application Period, at the time of the selection and at the time of the utilisation of the marketing support.
- Any business entities which are insolvent, subject of a criminal investigation, or have criminal proceedings instituted against them in any jurisdiction, employ immediate families of StarHub employees, have any business professionally connected to StarHub or any business entity or operator deemed ineligible by StarHub from time to time, are not eligible to participate in the Programme.
- The online application commences on 23/08/2021 through 01/07/2022 both dates inclusive (“Application Period”).
- For a chance to participate in the Programme, Participant will have to fill up StarHub’s online application form and submit information requested by StarHub (“Participant Information") during the Application Period. The Participant Information shall include but not be limited to the description of the business that the Participant operates and wants to receive marketing support from StarHub (“Business”).
- If StarHub requires additional information, we will contact you within 30 days from the end of the Application Period.
- Each Participant represents and warrants that all Participant Information shall be true, accurate, correct and complete in all respects at the point of submission and shall remain so thereafter until 31/12/2022.
- Submitting an application form or receiving communication from StarHub pertaining to an application does not constitute an offer to participate in the Programme.
- At the end of the Application Period, successful Participants may be picked from the eligible participants (“Selected Participants”).
- Each Selected Participant:
- May receive, singly or in combination, online video production, advertisement airtime on StarHub TV, promotions through StarHub Rewards and heavily discounted enterprise-grade mobile subscriptions;
- May be featured on StarHub’s marketing channels (social media, StarHub TV, My StarHub App and starhub.com)
- The exact products and services that constitute the Marketing Support are subject to StarHub’s determination in its absolute discretion. The Marketing Support, and the delivery thereof, shall be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by StarHub and/or the relevant suppliers of the services (“Marketing Support Terms”). Each Selected Participant agrees to enter into a separate agreement for such Marketing Support Terms with StarHub.
- The Marketing Support or any part thereof shall not be transferable, exchangeable, redeemable or substituted for cash or other benefits.
- StarHub reserves the right, at any time in its absolute discretion, to substitute, withdraw, add to or alter the Marketing Support or any part thereof without prior notice.
- Only Selected Participants will be notified via SMS, phone calls or emails within 30 business days of receipt of the online application or such longer period as StarHub may reasonably determine.
- Each Selected Participant agrees that StarHub may feature the operator(s) of the Business, the Business, the Marketing Support on the Programme. The Participant shall execute such authorisation and release forms and other similar documents as are in StarHub’s view necessary or desirable in connection with the production of the Programme.
- The Selected Participant agrees that StarHub shall have full control over the production, filming, and all other processes in relation to the Programme. All title, rights and interests in the Programme, including without limitation all intellectual property rights thereof, shall belong solely to StarHub.
- The Selected Participant agrees that it shall not disparage StarHub, any of StarHub’s Related Corporations (as the term “related corporations” is defined in the Companies Act. Cap. 50) or any of StarHub’s suppliers in relation to the Programme (“Suppliers”), or in any way embarrass, prejudice or tarnish the reputation of StarHub, any of StarHub’s Related Corporations, or any of the Suppliers.
- StarHub will need to collect and use Participant’s personal data and Participant Information, as well as disclose Participant’s personal data and Participant Information to contractors, production houses, Suppliers and StarHub partners (collectively, “Programme Associates”), to facilitate participation in the Programme, acceptance of the Marketing Support and the production of the Programme. Such personal data may include without limitation a Participant’s name, address, telephone number, email address, personal identification or passport number, as well as his or her picture, photographs or likeness.
- StarHub and the Programme Associates reserve the right to use the Participant Information and the names, pictures, photographs or likeness of any Participant or Selected Participant in its marketing, publicity or promotional materials at our sole discretion without notice to the Participant or Selected Participant, or require any Participant or Selected Participant to appear in any form of marketing, publicity or promotional activities. StarHub may also use Participant’s personal data to conduct analysis on Participant’s use of our products and services so as to help StarHub improve, review, develop and efficiently manage the products and services offered to Participant.
- Participant understands and agrees that StarHub and any or all of the Programme Associates, may contact the Participant, on their own behalf or on behalf of participating sponsors, through SMS or phone calls at Participant’s Singapore telephone number or via emails to Participant’s provided email address, for the following purposes: (i) to explore filming ideas for the Business; or (ii) to otherwise offer or market solutions or products and services to the Participant.
- By participating in this Programme, Participant consents to StarHub’s and the Programme Associates’ collection, use and disclosure of Participant Information and Participant’s personal data for the purposes and in the manner described above.
- StarHub expressly excludes disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. For the avoidance of doubt, StarHub makes no warranty whatsoever as to the Marketing Support, and the Programme, including without limitation the availability, times, quality, fitness for purpose or any other aspects of the Marketing Support and the Programme.
- Participant agrees to release StarHub of any liability. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Participant shall (1) indemnify StarHub, StarHub’s affiliates, and/or any of their respective employees, directors, officers, third party agents and/or representatives (collectively, the "StarHub Group") in full against; and (2) release and discharge the StarHub Group from responsibility for, any and all death, injury, harm, incapacity, trauma, theft, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions, expenses, losses, damages, costs and liabilities, resulting in any manner from or in connection with:
- Participant’s participation in the Programme;
- Participant’s breach of the Terms;
- Business operator’s non-compliance with the Terms;
- claims and/or disputes from the operator(s);
- the production and/or filming of the Programme (whether at the venue of the filming or otherwise);
- (if the Participant is a Selected Participant) any damage to the venue of filming or surrounding vicinity; and/or
- (if the Participant is a Selected Participant) Selected Participant’s participation in or being featured in the Programme; and/or
- (if the Participant is a Selected Participant) utilisation, enjoyment and/or redemption of the Marketing Support.
- StarHub's decisions on the Programme and the Selected Participants shall be final and no challenges or other disputes will be entertained by StarHub under any circumstances. In the event of a dispute, any individual’s entitlement to participate in the Programme and any Participant’s entitlement to the Marketing Support shall be subject to the sole discretion and final determination of StarHub.
- StarHub reserves the right to amend any of these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Participation in this Programme shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions and any amendments thereof.
- StarHub reserves the right in its sole discretion not to choose any Selected Participants for the Programme and/or cancel the Programme.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and parties agree to be bound by the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore. Save for StarHub’s affiliates, nothing in these Terms confers or purports to confer on any third party any benefit or right to enforce any of the Terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B).