02 March 2021
StarHub becomes the first ISP in Singapore to offer Linksys' Next Gen WiFi 6 Mesh Router exclusively
- Singapore customers can now enjoy home WiFi coverage boost with Linksys’ newest
- The MX4200 (termed as StarHub Smart WiFi Pro) will be made available free-of-charge with StarHub 2Gbps Fibre broadband plan
Singapore, 2 March 2021 – Singapore consumers can now exclusively enjoy unsurpassed digital experience for work and play at the best value through a deal forged between StarHub, a leading Singapore info-communication and entertainment service provider, and Linksys, a leader in home and business networking and connectivity products.
Both companies today announce the exclusive launch of the Linksys Velop MX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System router in Singapore. Referred to as StarHub Smart WiFi Pro under the partnership, Linksys’ MX4200 combines Mesh networking and next-generation WiFi 6 technology for coverage, low latency and speed – offering the best of two worlds for an unrivalled home broadband experience.
StarHub is proud to present the Smart WiFi Pro (Usual price: $399) at no extra cost for customers who sign up for or renew their StarHub 2Gbps Fibre Broadband plans. Other StarHub Fibre Broadband customers can purchase this router at $0 upfront cost on an instalment plan from as low as $12 monthly.
The fastest WiFi 6 speed
Operating on the next-generation WiFi 6 standard with built-in Linksys Intelligent Mesh™ technology, the MX4200 delivers gigabit WiFi speeds for customers to enjoy faster streaming and downloading across multiple devices; up to four times the speed and capacity as compared to the previous WiFi 5 standard. Additionally, it is also the optimal router for gamers, who can take advantage of its ultra-low latency features for lower ping time.
The router is the newest addition to Linksys’ growing WiFi 6 portfolio that promises delivery of true gigabit WiFi speeds, flexibility, scalability and interoperability. It can cover up to one to three bedrooms per node and is designed to manage the demands of up to 40 devices per node all sharing the same bandwidth.
“Lifestyles have changed considerably, and the home is now a more integrated live-work-play space. Home broadband quality has undoubtedly become a vital consideration among customers, who want products and services that can deliver optimal performance for everyone in the household,” said Mr Yann Courqueux, Vice President of Home Product, StarHub. “In partnership with Linksys, we are pleased to offer customers a powerful WiFi 6 mesh router to address connectivity challenges, from WiFi dead spots to traffic congestion. Without having to worry about putting a strain on the connection of other members in their household, our customers can enjoy unbridled freedom in simultaneously streaming, downloading, gaming, and surfing, making for an unmatched experience that is only available with StarHub.”
“Throughout 2020, we have witnessed how pivotal stable connection is for every household as the modern world shifts to normalise home-based learning and working from home,” said Jenny Ng, General Manager for Asia, Linksys. “400 million Southeast Asians – nearly 70 percent of the population – are now online. In Singapore alone, 90 percent of the population are connected online. This increase means demand for faster internet connection will only continue to grow exponentially. Through this partnership with StarHub, we believe that our WiFi 6 offerings will successfully meet consumers’ demand for next generation ultra-high-speed router technology.”
Paired with a StarHub Fibre Broadband plan, the MX4200 is the ideal home broadband solution for households who are increasingly managing wireless bandwidth between smartphones, tablets, and other devices needed for work-from-home and home-based learning. On top of that, customers will enjoy 12 months of Disney+ on StarHub for the ultimate entertainment experience.
Additional product features:
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 – Built with the latest generation WiFi technology and security standards set by the Wi-Fi Alliance, WiFi 6 certification ensures increased capacity, device battery life and network safety for customers and their devices.
- Future-Ready WiFi – Linksys Intelligent Mesh is the only mesh system that’s interoperable with its entire portfolio. It’s flexible and scalable so consumers can expand their network as needs grow, with a simple addition of any Linksys mesh node/router.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 800 platform – With 8 streams of tri-band WiFi 6 connectivity, and a 64-bit 1.4GHz Quad-Core ARM processor powering dynamic data processing and management, the Velop MX4200 provides game-changing network advancements that enhance efficiency, range and power consumption and deliver more capacity for online gaming, video calls and meetings, and 8K streaming on their devices.
- Tri-band dynamic backhaul – Unlike some mesh systems that use a dedicated backhaul and limit the number of bands that the user can connect to, Linksys uses a dynamic backhaul, allowing access to all 3 bands throughout the home. Linksys’ dynamic backhaul technology chooses the best band to connect between nodes.
Pricing & Availability
The MX4200 router is bundled free with StarHub 2Gbps Fibre broadband plan and a 2-year warranty.
For more information on StarHub Smart WiFi Pro, please visit www.starhub.com/smart-wifi-pro
 Available via software update. The software will become available in the later part of 2021.
 Actual ranges will vary depending on wireless obstructions, operating environments and building material. Wireless coverage claims are used only as reference and are not guaranteed, as each wireless network is unique
 Google, Temasek Holdings and Bain & Company, e-Conomy SEA 2020 report, At full velocity: Resilient and racing ahead
 DataReportal, Digital 2021: Singapore