StarHub Brings The Top US Brands to Singapore
Singapore Internet Users Now Able to Obtain Full Range of Products from Leading Online Retail Stores, Even From Those That Do Not Ship Outside the US
Singapore, 22 October 2002 – Want to buy that GAP T-shirt you saw online or that cool gadget at Buy.com, but can’t because these US-based online stores do not ship to Singapore? Well, now you can - with DoUWantIt.com (DUWI)!
For the first time in Singapore, the full range of products from US-based online stores, including those online stores that do not ship internationally will now be available for Singapore Internet shoppers through DUWI. Examples include GAP, Banana Republic, Walmart, eToys, Target, SoundDomain.com and others (see Editor’s Note).
Launched jointly by StarHub, Singapore’s innovative info-communications provider and DoUWantIt.com, a leading international e-commerce enabler, DUWI is an online shopping experience that bridges the gap between international customers and the US online shopping community. This service provides variety, value and convenience of the US online shopping experience to Singapore while eliminating major barriers of international online shopping.
DUWI provides a host of features including:
- An all-inclusive, guaranteed price quote online, with no hidden charges or additional fees. It also converts the all-inclusive price quote into your local currency and enables you to use your local credit cards.
- A one-stop, seamless transaction that keeps the shopper informed from the time you place your order until you receive your items at one of five pickup points to ensure your complete satisfaction (see Editor’s Note). The fulfillment backbone is supported by major freight distributors and partners such as United Parcel Service and MailBoxes Etc.
- A single check-out point, no matter how many products you select, or how many online stories you shop from.
- Maximum security for your purchases because we use industry-standard state-of-the-art security encoding (SSL) to encrypt and guard your personal information.
"We have noticed an increasing number of people who enjoy shopping at US sites, as these sites often offer an eclectic and appealing range of products. By teaming up with DoUWantIt.com, we certainly hope that our customers will find their shopping experience even more fun and hassle-free," said Mr Kyong Yu, Senior Vice President of StarHub Interactive, StarHub.
"We are excited about our relationship with StarHub," said Mr Simon Zisman, CEO of DoUWantIt, "As one of the premier info-communications companies in Asia, they are the ideal partner to bring our service to the Singapore market. The combination of the StarHub Brand, and the DoUWantIt service, will be a powerful alliance, and service, for Singaporeans."
The service is open to all Singapore Internet users. For more information, please log onto www.mystarhub.com.sg.
- End -
Supported Online Stores
Here is a list of participating online stores:
- Amazon – full range of products - books, music, videos, DVDs, software, etc.;
- Athlete’s Foot – athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, etc.;
- Banana Republic – contemporary men’s and women’s clothing, accessories;
- Babies R’ Us – baby furniture, strollers, bedding and accessories;
- Barnes and Noble – books, eBooks, music, software, posters, etc;
- Bookpool.com – Discount technical books;
- Borders – books, music, videos, DVDs etc;
- Brooks Brothers – men’s and women’s casual / formal apparel and accessories;
- Buy.com – electronics, DVDs, computers, software and accessories;
- CDNow – music, CDs, videos, top 100, custom CDs;
- Classic Closeouts – brand name clothing and products;
- Edwin Watts Golf – specialty golf clubs, accessories, shoes and apparel;
- Ebags – luggage, utility bags, travel accessories, business cases and accessories, etc;
- EToys – toys, video games, software for kids and teens;
- Eyesave.com – brand name sunglasses, goggles, contacts and accessories;
- Fredericks of Hollywood – lingerie products;
- GAP – GAP men’s and women’s apparel, GAP kids, Baby GAP etc;
- KB Kids – toys, video games, software for kids and teens;
- Old Navy – casual family apparel etc;
- Soccer.com – soccer and athletic clothing, shoes, equipment and accessories;
- SoundDomain.com – car audio, speakers, amplifiers, security systems, etc;
- Sunglass Hut – fashion sunglasses, goggles and accessories
- Target – home furnishings, clothes & accessories, health & beauty, toys, electronics, etc;
- Timberland – men’s, women’s and kids’ outerwear, footwear, clothing and accessories;
- Toys R’ Us – toys, dolls and games for children of all ages;
- Victoria’s Secret – world-famous lingerie and beauty collections;
- Walmart – electronics, sporting goods, automotive, home, health & beauty, etc;
- WorldofWatches.com – men’s and women’s watches;
Note – all products purchased and delivered through DUWI are still subject to Singapore customs and censorship clearance.
Orders arriving in Singapore will need to be picked up at one of five collection centres. The purchaser will be able to pre-define a specific location for collection. These centres are as follows:
- MailBoxes Etc., Suntec City 3 Temasek Boulevard #01-023/025 Suntec City Mall
- MailBoxes Etc., Nee Soon 914 Upper Thomson Road
- MailBoxes Etc., Science Park 87 Science Park Drive #01-01 The Science Hub
- MailBoxes Etc., Changi Business Park 51 Changi Business Park Central 2 #01-13 The Signature
- MailBoxes Etc., Chai Chee TechnoPark 750 Techno Park @ Chai Chee #01-03 Chai Chee Road