Telescope Cessation Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is StarHub discontinuing Telescope?
As part of the company’s efforts to introduce new platforms for TV content, StarHub has decided to focus on engaging customers via the StarHub TV Buddy app.
Available for download from the Apple App Store and Android Google Play free of charge, the app lets you discover content easily through personal wireless devices and popular social networks. With the app, you can receive much more than just a TV Guide: read more about the myriad shows on our platform, take part in contests, then share them with friends.
- Will both print and digital versions be discontinued?
Yes, both versions of Telescope will be discontinued.
- So when will the last issue of Telescope be published?
The final issue of both the print and digital editions of Telescope will be for Apr 2014.
- Then which issue will I be billed up to?
The Apr 2014 issue will be reflected in your Mar 2014 bill; subsequent bills will no longer have a charge for the magazine.
- Will I still be able to subscribe to the print edition of Telescope?
As we are discontinuing Telescope, we will not accept any more new subscriptions for the print version of the magazine.
- Will I still be able to download the digital edition of Telescope?
As we are discontinuing Telescope, the digital version of the magazine will no longer be available from the Apple App Store and Android Google Play from May onwards.
- I am currently subscribed to the print edition of Telescope. Do I need to unsubscribe before it is discontinued?
No, you don’t have to do anything. After subscribers receive the Apr 2014 issue, they will not receive any more deliveries of the magazine. That final issue will be reflected in the Mar 2014 bill; there will be no further Telescope charges in subsequent bills.
- Am I still able to download the digital Telescope from StarHub’s Booktique Magazines Store?
As we will be discontinuing Telescope, there will be no further digital issues of Telescope after April 2014. The digital Telescope will be removed from Booktique store by May.
- I have redeemed issues of the print version of Telescope with my StarHub Rewards points in the past. Will I still be able to get my free issues of Telescope?
Yes, customers who have redeemed their free issues of Telescope from rewards redemption will still get them. The last issue received will be in April 14.
- Can I still redeem for free issues of print Telescope with StarHub Rewards points?
StarHub Rewards redemption program has ceased Telescope redemption in December 2013.
- How will I get similar information going forward?
Customers can still refer to StarHub TV Anywhere and TV Buddy apps for TV Guide and to read more about TV shows, take part in contests and share with their friends via TV Buddy.
The StarHub TV Buddy app, available for download on the Apple App Store or Android Google Play, lets customers discover content with greater ease through personal wireless devices and popular social networks. Customers can also use the app to read more about our TV shows, set reminders, take part in contests and share content with their friends.
StarHub TV Anywhere is a multi-screen service which allows StarHub TV customers to watch their favourite TV content on their subscription plans with Internet-enabled devices such as laptops, tablets and smartphones. The service can be accessed on www.starhubtvanywhere.com or via StarHub TV Anywhere app on the Apple App Store or Android Google Play.
Customers can also get information through the On-Screen TV Guide with the TV remote control. Simply press the ‘guide’ button on your remote control to access seven-day TV listings, show synopses, cast and crew information, language audio tracks available and other useful information.