StarHub TV Subscription
1. Can I upgrade and downgrade channels at any time?
You may upgrade and downgrade channels at anytime. An administrative charge of $10.70 (inclusive of 7% GST) may be levied each time you make a change to your channel combination.
Please note that you will need an additional cable point in your room to connect to the set-top box. A cable point installation fee of $107 to $155.15 (inclusive of 7% GST) is applicable per trip. You can call our Customer Care Hotline on 1633 to arrange for an installation appointment.
2. Can I enjoy StarHub TV on more than one TV set in my home? What are the costs?
All you have to do is install an additional set-top box to receive the same set of channels as your first box. The rental charge depends on the type of set-top box selected (e.g. for choice of HD Interactive set-top box, a rental charge of $6.42 per month will apply).
An ‘Additional Screen’ charge of $10.70 per month will apply on top of the set-top box rental charge.
Please note that you will need an additional cable point in your room to connect to the set-top box and an installation fee of $53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) is applicable per trip. You can call our Customer Care Hotline on 1633 to arrange an installation appointment.
3. I live in a landed property which is not broadband-ready. I understand that I have to pay a connection fee to connect my home to StarHub's network before I can enjoy cable TV services. What are the benefits of connecting, the costs involved and how do I do it?
Connecting your home to StarHub's network allows you to enjoy clear reception of free-to-air channels and have access to our cable TV (StarHub TV), broadband internet (MaxOnline) and Digital Voice services.
Unlike traditional antennas, which require annual maintenance and upgrading every few years, connecting to StarHub's network is a one-time investment that will not require expensive recurrent costs.
To find out more about connecting to StarHub's network, please call our Sales Hotline on 1630.
4. Do I have control over programmes that come into my home?
Absolutely! StarHub's TV subscription plans give you the flexibility of designing your own basic cable TV package. In addition, your set-top box comes with a parental control device that can be programmed to lock out channels. These channels can only be activated with a password.
5. What do I need to subscribe to StarHub TV?
For HDB, private condominium and apartment homeowners, your home must come with a cable point so that you can connect the set-top box to receive cable TV signals from your home. For landed property homeowners, your home must first be connected to StarHub's network.
6. How can I arrange an installation appointment for StarHub TV (for HDB, private condominiums and apartments only)?
You can call our Customer Care Hotline at 1633 to arrange for an installation appointment. On the day of installation, please have the following ready:
- Your NRIC
- Cheque or cash payment for:
- $53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) for the one-time installation charge;
- an amount equivalent to 2 months of StarHub TV subscription, if you opt to pay by GIRO;
- a refundable equipment deposit of $250, if you are not a Singaporean or Permanent Resident; and
- any other additional charges due to additional requests such as the wiring of additional cable points.
- Authorisation from the landlord for cabling if you are a tenant of the property
- Our technician will perform a signal test on your cable point and install the set-top box. Upon completion, he will guide you through some of the channels available on StarHub Digital Cable TV.
You will then be required to sign the work order acknowledging completion of the installation.
7. What are the benefits of being a StarHub TV customer?
With subscription to StarHub TV, you will enjoy 16 complimentary channels such as E City (valid till 31 December 2014), SuperSports Arena, Bloomberg Television, Eurosportnews and NHK World TV.
You will also enjoy clear reception of free-to-air channels such as MediaCorp’s Channel 5 and 8, Channel U, Central, Suria and Channel NewsAsia.
In addition, we have StarHub Rewards, a loyalty programme specially created for our customers, that gives special privileges almost every day of the year. To find out more, visit our StarHub Rewards website now.
Prices shown inclusive of GST at 7%.