Prepaid Data Plan
1. What is Prepaid Data Plan?
Prepaid Data Plan is a value-added service which offers data usage for StarHub Happy Prepaid customers.
Customers using Happy Prepaid SIM cards (except Prepaid Internet SIM) can activate/purchase a Prepaid Data Plan to start surfing the internet with their mobile device.
2. How is Prepaid Data Plan different from Prepaid Internet SIM?
Prepaid Data Plan is a value-added service which can only be activated on a Happy Prepaid SIM card. While a Prepaid Internet SIM is a data-only SIM card which allows you to access the Internet through a mobile device or a USB stick.
NOTE: Prepaid Internet SIM has its own Data Plan options, click here for more information.
3. Where can I use Prepaid Data Plan?
Prepaid Data Plan can be used anywhere in Singapore. What's more, the Prepaid Data Plans can be used overseas at Happy Roam Destinations.
4. What are the available Prepaid Data Plan? How much do they cost?
To start surfing the Internet, you can choose to activate/purchase from a variety of Prepaid Data Plan:
|Short Term Plans||Long Expiry Plans
5. How do I activate my Prepaid Data Plan?
To activate a Prepaid Data Plan, simply use Happy Prepaid App or Dial *123*300# on your mobile device.
6. How are Prepaid Data Plan being charged?
All Prepaid Data Plan will be charged fairly based on a 3, 7 or 30-day 24-hour clock cycle. This would mean that if you activate a 30MB data package on 01-Jan-15 at 2000 hrs, your data access will expire on 04-Jan-15 at 1959 hrs exactly.
7. What happens if my data usage exceeds the bundled data provided?
If your data usage exceeds the bundled data provided, you will be charged the prevailing data rate at $0.07/10KB.
8. How do I extend the expiry date of the data I have purchased?
To extend the expiry of any data balance, you can buy another Prepaid Data Plan before the expiry of the current one.
For example, if you have activated a 3-day 30MB Prepaid Data Plan on 01 Jan 15 at 2000hrs, the data access will expire on 04 Jan 15 at 1959hrs. If you activate another 200MB on 02 Jan 15 at 1300 hrs before your current package has expired, the new expiry date will be added from your current data plan’s expiry date. The data balance from the previous plan will be added to the 200MB data bundle, and the new expiry date will be 07 Jan 15 at 1959hrs.
9. If I purchase a 30-Day data plan today, can I buy another plan to extend the expiry?
Yes you can purchase another data plan to extend the expiry. However, please take note that the maximum Prepaid Data Plan validity period is capped at 30 days.
10. What is the maximum data balance I can have under Prepaid Data Plan?
During the Prepaid Data Plan validity period, the maximum data balance allowed is 100GB in the Data account.
11. What is the maximum validity I can have under Prepaid Data Plan?
The maximum Prepaid Data Plan validity period is 30 days.
12. What happens to the remaining data that have not been utilised after the expiry of your current data plan?
Any unused data will be forfeited once the data plan expires.
13. Can Prepaid Data Plan be used while roaming?
Prepaid Data Plan can be used while roaming in countries covered by Happy Roam. For other countries, data plans cannot be used while roaming. Even if you have selected a Prepaid Data Plan while roaming, you will still be charged at the prevailing data roaming charges for any data downloaded.
Likewise for all StarHub Mobile Prepaid services, we will not be able to refund any Prepaid Data Plan activated before and during roaming.
14. Will I be able to transfer the remaining data balance to another Happy Prepaid number before my Prepaid Data Plan expires?
No, you will not be able to transfer your data balance to another Happy Prepaid number.
15. How will I know when I am near to exceeding the data usage of my Prepaid Data Plan?
You will receive a SMS message alert which will warn you of your low data balance.
Alternatively, you can use check your data balance on Happy Prepaid App or dial *123#
16. Would I be able to check on my data balance and data plan expiry date?
Yes, you can. Simply check your data balance and package expiry date on Happy Prepaid App or dial *123#.
17. How do I set up for mobile hotspot tethering?
For Android users, you can turn on mobile hotspot straightaway.
For iOS users, please follow the below steps to set up before trying to turn on mobile hotspot.
Step 1: Make sure the iPhone is updated to iOS version 11.0.2 (or above)
Step 2: Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network > Under Personal Hotspot, update APN to shppd
We apologise that mobile hotspot tethering may not be available for some iOS users. However, this does not affect the use of our data services.
Activation of Prepaid Data Plan service on Happy Prepaid SIM cards
1. What do I need in order to activate Prepaid Data Plan on my Happy Prepaid SIM card?
To activate the Prepaid Data Plan service, you would need a Happy Prepaid SIM card and a mobile handset that can connect to the Internet.
You can purchase a Happy Prepaid SIM Card from all StarHub shops and Exclusive Partner outlets.
2. How do I activate Prepaid Data Plan?
To activate the Prepaid Data Plan service, simply key in *123*3# and press send/dial. You will receive a response on your phone. Thereafter, simply follow the step-by-step instructions on-screen to activate the Prepaid Data Plan data package you want.
3. My mobile handset has web connectivity functions. However, it’s not GPRS-enabled yet. Can I still activate Prepaid Data Plan?
Yes, you can. GPRS will be enabled at the same time once you key in *123*3# to activate the Prepaid Data Plan service.
4. The following message was sent to me when I tried to activate the Prepaid Data Plan service: “Sorry, you are not allowed to activate Prepaid Data Plan. To activate, please purchase a Happy Prepaid SIM Card”. What does this mean?
This means you are not using a Happy Prepaid SIM card to activate the Prepaid Data Plan service. In order to enjoy the Prepaid Data Plan service, you will need a mobile handset that can connect to the internet and a Happy Prepaid SIM card, which can be purchased at all StarHub shops and Exclusive Partner outlets.
5. I'm a Happy Prepaid customer holding onto a 2G Happy Prepaid SIM Card. How can I enjoy better data access after activating Prepaid Data Plan?
Your 2G Prepaid SIM is now on 3G network. As long as your device is 3G enabled, you will be connected to 3G network automatically which provides download speeds of up to 7.2Mbps and upload speeds of up to 1.9Mbps.