Prepaid Data Plan
1. What is Prepaid Data Plan?
Prepaid Data Plan is a value-added service which offers data usage for StarHub Happy Prepaid customers.
Customers using Happy Prepaid SIM cards (except Prepaid Internet SIM) can activate Prepaid Data Plan and purchase a data package to start surfing the internet with their mobile phone.
NOTE: Prepaid Data Plan cannot be activated on Prepaid Internet SIM.
2. How is Prepaid Data Plan different from Prepaid Internet SIM?
Prepaid Data Plan is a value-added service which can only be activated on a Happy Prepaid SIM card. Upon activation, you can access the Internet using your current Happy Prepaid SIM card and your handset.
Prepaid Internet SIM is a data-only SIM card which allows you to access the Internet through a handset or a USB stick.
NOTE: Prepaid Data Plan cannot be activated on Prepaid Internet SIM.
3. Where can I use Prepaid Data Plan?
Prepaid Data Plan is a mobile data service which can be used anywhere in Singapore, out of your home or office, with the purchase of any Prepaid Data Plan packages.
NOTE: Prepaid Data Plan is not applicable for roaming.
4. How can I enjoy 4G speed on my Prepaid Data Plan?
Simply dial *123*3*4*1# and follow the on-screen instructions to activate 4G booster plan.
Available Prepaid Data Plan Packages
1. What are the available Prepaid Data Plan packages? How much do they cost?
To start surfing the Internet, you can choose to purchase from a variety of Prepaid Data Plan data packages based on your data usage as follows:
|Short Term Plans||Long Expiry Plans
2. How do I activate my Prepaid Data Plan package?
To activate a Prepaid Data Plan package, simply key *123*300# and press send/dial on your mobile phone. Simply follow the instructions on-screen to activate a package of your choice.
3. How are Prepaid Data Plan packages being charged?
All Prepaid Data Plan packages will be charged fairly based on a 3, 7 or 30-day 24-hour clock cycle. This would mean that if you activate a 30MB data package on 01-Jan-15 at 2000 hrs, your data access will expire on 04-Jan-15 at 1959 hrs exactly.
4. What happens if my data usage exceeds the bundled data provided?
If your data usage exceeds the bundled data provided, you will be charged the prevailing data rate at $0.07/10KB.
5. How do I extend the expiry date of the data package I have purchased?
To extend the expiry of any data balance, you can buy another data package before the expiry of the current one.
For example, if you have activated a 3-day 30MB Prepaid Data Plan package on 01 Jan 15 at 2000hrs, the data access will expire on 04 Jan 15 at 1959hrs. If you activate another 200MB package on 02 Jan 15 at 1300 hrs before your current package has expired, the new expiry date will be added from your current data plan’s expiry date. The data balance from the previous plan will be added to the 200MB data bundle, and the new expiry date will be 07 Jan 15 at 1959hrs.
6. If I purchase a 30-Day data plan today, can I buy another plan to extend the expiry?
Yes you can purchase another data plan to extend the expiry. However, please take note that the maximum Prepaid Data Plan validity period is capped at 30 days.
7. What is the maximum data balance I can have under Prepaid Data Plan?
During the Prepaid Data Plan validity period, the maximum data balance allowed is 100GB in the Data account.
8. What is the maximum validity I can have under Prepaid Data Plan?
The maximum Prepaid Data Plan validity period is 30 days.
9. What happens to the remaining data that have not been utilised after the expiry of the data package?
Any unused data will be forfeited once the package expires.
10. Can Prepaid Data Plan packages be used while roaming?
Prepaid Data Plan packages can be used while roaming in countries covered by Happy Roam. For other countries, packages cannot be used while roaming. Even if you have selected a Prepaid Data Plan package while roaming, you will still be charged at the prevailing data roaming charges for any data downloaded.
Likewise for all StarHub Prepaid services, we will not be able to refund any Prepaid Data Plan packages activated before and during roaming.
11. Will I be able to transfer the remaining data balance to another Happy Prepaid number before my Prepaid Data Plan package expires?
No, you will not be able to transfer your data balance to another Happy Prepaid number.
12. How will I know when I am near to exceeding the data usage of my Prepaid Data Plan package?
You will receive a SMS message alert which will warn you of your low data balance.
Alternatively, you can dial *123# to check your data balance.
13. Would I be able to check on my data balance and data package expiry date?
Yes, you can. Simply dial *123*1*3# to check on your data balance and package expiry date.
Activation of Prepaid Data Plan service on Happy Prepaid SIM cards
1. What do I need in order to activate Prepaid Data Plan on my Happy Prepaid SIM card?
To activate the Prepaid Data Plan service, you would need a Happy Prepaid SIM card and a mobile handset that can connect to the Internet.
You can purchase a Happy Prepaid SIM Card from all StarHub shops and Exclusive Partner outlets.
2. How do I activate Prepaid Data Plan?
To activate the Prepaid Data Plan service, simply key in *123*3# and press send/dial. You will receive a response on your phone. Thereafter, simply follow the step-by-step instructions on-screen to activate the Prepaid Data Plan data package you want.
3. My mobile handset has web connectivity functions. However, it’s not GPRS-enabled yet. Can I still activate Prepaid Data Plan?
Yes, you can. GPRS will be enabled at the same time once you key in *123*3# to activate the Prepaid Data Plan service.
4. The following message was sent to me when I tried to activate the Prepaid Data Plan service: “Sorry, you are not allowed to activate Prepaid Data Plan. To activate, please purchase a Happy Prepaid SIM Card”. What does this mean?
This means you are not using a Happy Prepaid SIM card to activate the Prepaid Data Plan service. In order to enjoy the Prepaid Data Plan service, you will need a mobile handset that can connect to the internet and a Happy Prepaid SIM card, which can be purchased at all StarHub shops and Exclusive Partner outlets.
5. I'm a Happy Prepaid customer holding onto a 2G Happy Prepaid SIM Card. How can I enjoy better data access after activating Prepaid Data Plan?
Your 2G Prepaid SIM is now on 3G network. As long as your device is 3G enabled, you will be connected to 3G network automatically which provides download speeds of up to 7.2Mbps and upload speeds of up to 1.9Mbps.
More Information on Prepaid Data Plan
1. Can Prepaid Data Plan be activated on a Prepaid Internet SIM?
No, the Prepaid Internet SIM cannot be used to activate Prepaid Data Plan. In order to activate Prepaid Data Plan, you would need a Happy Prepaid SIM card which can be purchased at any StarHub shops and Exclusive Partner outlets.More Information on Prepaid Data Plan