SmartSurf HD Plans
*SmartSurf HD Plans have been ceased on 1 July 2016.
1. What is unique about StarHub’s SmartSurf HD plans?
StarHub’s suite of SmartSurf HD plans offers customers unlimited HD Voice calls and SMS. They need not worry about what is left in their talktime and SMS bundles.
2. I am on a SmartSurf HD plan. Would I be able to enjoy unlimited calls to StarHub Mobile pre-paid numbers?
Yes, all SmartSurf HD plans offer unlimited calls to all StarHub mobile and fixed line numbers.
3. Can I renew my SmartSurf HD plans?
SmartSurf HD mobile plans will not be available for sign-up or contract renewal from 1 July 2016. Existing SmartSurf HD plan customers can choose to stay on their current plan without renewing the contract.
4. Why is StarHub doing this?
This initiative is part of our ongoing efforts to streamline our service offerings for customers to take advantage of the latest mobile technology on new, faster, more advanced phones.
5. Any condition for SmartSurf HD plans’ unlimited talk-time and SMS?
Customers are advised to take all reasonable steps to prevent fraudulent, improper or illegal use of the services. This includes transmitting, soliciting, spam and reselling or otherwise providing the services to third parties without StarHub’s consent. More details are at General Terms & Conditions.
6. Why do SmartSurf HD plans offer a smaller local data bundle as compared to existing mobile plans?
StarHub’s SmartSurf HD plans are primarily packaged to address the communication needs of customers who rely heavily on voice calls and SMS, for example, insurance brokers, real estate agents and event managers. Heavy data users can consider signing up for our existing SmartSurf plans, which offer a larger data bundle.
7. Would I be able to sign up for a SmartSurf or PowerValue plan after 3 August 2013?
Yes, SmartSurf HD plans will co-exist with SmartSurf and PowerValue plans.
8. Why is StarHub charging a higher excess data usage fee for SmartSurf HD plans?
StarHub’s SmartSurf HD plans are primarily packaged for a growing segment of customers who relies heavily on voice calls and SMS. Heavy data users can consider signing up for our existing SmartSurf plans, which offer a lower excess data usage charge. You may wish to know that SmartSurf HD Premium also offers a lower excess data usage charge of $5.35 per GB.
9. Would I be able to sign up for SharePlus line(s) with my SmartSurf HD plan?
10. Would I be able to enjoy Hub Club privileges with my SmartSurf HD plan?
SmartSurf HD plans are eligible for Hub Club membership but not Hub Club discount.
11. Would SmartSurf HD users be able to subscribe to the 'FREE IDD 018' Value-Added Service?
12. What is 4G SmartAccess?
4G SmartAccess is exclusively available to SmartSurf HD plan users, offering priority for their 4G data traffic when the network is heavily accessed.