SIM Only Plans
- What is StarHub's SIM Only plans all about?
StarHub's SIM Only Plans gives you more choices, value and freedom on the world's fastest 4G network! StarHub's SIM-only plans are contract free and offer up to 15GB of bundled mobile data, data upsize options, 4G LTE-Advanced data speeds of up to 400Mbps and the widest 4G roaming coverage, among other perks.
- How does the SIM Only plans work?
The SIM Only plans is an opt-in enrollment for mobile lines that are registered under a NRIC or FIN, that entitles you to a 50% SIM Only plan discount off the usual monthly subscription for an on-going basis for your mobile service voice plan, for as long as you remain on a month-to-month 'rolling' subscription without any active contract commitment.
For subscribers who sign the SIM Only Plan under the Corporate Individual Scheme ("CIS Subscriber"), the 50% SIM Only plan discount will be valid only for a continuous period of 24 months while not on any contract commitment. The SIM Only plan for CIS Subscribers, without any contract commitment, will be automatically terminated upon expiry of 24 continuous months. In such event, SIM Only will cease and the prevailing 2-year Lite, XS/S/M/L/XL plan subscription rate will apply. To continue enjoying your 50% SIM Only plan discount, you may visit any of our StarHub Shop and Exclusive Partner Outlet or call 1630.
- Which Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans are eligible for the SIM Only plans?
The Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL SIM Only Plans are available on an opt-in basis for Standalone voice lines and SharePlus Main Lines (excludes SharePlus dependent lines) on:
- I am an existing customer with a handset / bill rebate contract commitment. Can I change to the SIM Only plans?
No, the SIM Only plans are only available for customers without an existing handset / bill rebate contract commitment. You may opt-in for the SIM Only plans upon completion of your contract commitment.
- Can I upgrade to a device contract commitment?
You may upgrade from the SIM Only plans onto a contract commitment (e.g. device commitment) without any penalties anytime, however the discount on the SIM Only plan will be dropped and your monthly subscription will be reverted to the usual monthly prices of the Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans.
- Is there a contract period or minimum period of service for the SIM Only plans?
There is no lock-in contract period or minimum period of service on the SIM Only plans.
- What are the applicable fees to sign up for SIM Only plans for new subscribers?
There is a one-time SIM activation charge of $37.45 and a one-time mobile service charge of $10.70 for all new subscriptions to our mobile service voice plans. Depending on your residence status and eligibility to apply for a mobile service, a deposit may be required during sign-up.
- Can I enjoy CIS Discounts, Hub Club Discounts or Youth benefits with the SIM Only plans?
No. The SIM Only plans is mutually exclusive and is NOT applicable with any other discounts or promotions, namely but not limited to:
- Hub Club Discounts
- Corporate Discounts / CIS Discounts / Partner Plan Discounts (discount and free VASes)
- Subscription Discounts
- I’m currently a HubClub customer and had just subscribed to another SIM Only plans. Will I get additional HubClub discounts?
Mobile lines on SIM Only plans will be eligible for Hub Club membership and will count towards the Hub Club mobile line count, however these lines will not be eligible for Hub Club discounts.
HubClub customer with 1 mobile (Line A), add on a new SIM Only plan line (Line B) Before adding SIM Only plan line:
- Line A enjoys 15% HubClub discount
After adding SIM Only plan line:
- Line A enjoys 20% HubClub discount.
- Line B will only enjoy SIM Only plan discount and not additional HubClub discount.
- I’m currently subscribed to the SIM Only plan on XL. Will I be eligible to get the $500 handset upgrade voucher?
No. The $500 handset upgrade voucher is only available for subscribers on a regular priced XL plan with a 2-year contract commitment.
- How can I sign up for the SIM Only plans?
For new and existing subscribers on the Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans with no contract commitment or have completed their contract commitments, you may visit any of our StarHub Shop and Exclusive Partner Outlet or log into to starhub.com/store to sign up. For full details of SIM Only promotion Terms and Conditions, please visit Sim only page.
- If I am an employee of a company that is eligible for StarHub Corporate Individual Scheme (CIS), how can I sign up for SIM Only Plans?
For new and existing CIS subscribers on the Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans with no contract commitment or have completed their contract commitments, you may visit any of our StarHub Shop and Exclusive Partner Outlet or call 1630. Please bring along your staff pass to enjoy the additional perks for CIS, if any. For existing StarHub SIM Only subscribers, please email a copy of your staff pass or HR letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to convert to StarHub CIS SIM Only plan. Note that all existing discounts will be overwritten with the new 50% SIM Only plan discount for CIS customers. For full details of SIM Only promotion Terms and Conditions, please visit Sim only page.
- I’m currently not on any of the Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans, and I’m interested to opt for the SIM Only plans. What should I do?
Customers will be required to change their existing mobile plan to the new Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. It is recommended for customers to review the Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans details at http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/postpaid-plans/mobile-plans.html as this may differ from their existing mobile plan. Once you have decided on your preferred Lite Plan or XS/S/M/L/XL Plans, please proceed to our website links www.starhub.com/personal/store/mobile/sim-only.html to submit your full details and plan selection. Please note you will not be able to revert back to plans that are no longer offered. For full details of SIM only promotion Terms and Conditions, please visit sim only Terms & Conditions.
- What VASes can I sign up for with the SIM Only plans?
All applicable VASes that are available for the Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans such as (but not limited to), Caller Number Display, Plus 3, DataJump, Free IDD018 VAS, International Roaming and DataTravel.
- I am Youth/Student. Will I be able to enjoy the Youth perks on the SIM Only plans?
Yes, you can enjoy the Youth perks on our SIM Only plans. To view the list of Youth perks available, please visit www.starhub.com/youth.
- I have an existing SharePlus Supplementary Line, can I use it to sign up for SIM Only plans?
No, SharePlus Supplementary lines are not eligible for SIM Only plans. SIM Only plans are only available for Standalone voice lines and SharePlus Main Lines.
- Can I still sign-up for SharePlus Supplementary Lines while I am on the SIM Only plans?
Yes, SIM Only plans customers can sign-up for up to 2 SharePlus Supplementary Lines per NRIC/FIN. SharePlus Terms & Conditions applies.
- Can I sign up for a new SIM Only line and take a new SharePlus Supplementary Line at 40% SharePlus discount (after discount $9.60/month) and Free 1GB Data Upsize?
Yes, new SIM Only lines are eligible to sign up the SharePlus promotion.
- I am interested to convert my existing 4G Plan into SIM Only. Can I also sign-up/new/existing SharePlus Supplementary Line at 40% SharePlus discount and Free 1GB Data Upsize?
No. The SharePlus promotion is only available for new and recontract customers.
- Can I change my plan anytime when on this SIM Only plan?
You will be able to move within the six available SIM Only plans anytime to continue to enjoy the SIM Only discount.