SIM Only Plans
- What is StarHub's SIM Only plans all about?
StarHub's SIM Only Plans gives you more choices, value and freedom on our super-fast network download speed of up to 400Mbps. There are 2 types of SIM Only plans that customers can choose from: SIM Only plans with no contract and SIM Only plan with 12 months contract. Both SIM Only plans offer customers 50% discount off the usual monthly subscription charge for the same bundled plan on Lite/XS/S/M/L/XL plans. The SIM Only plans with 12 months contract offer you more value with free double data every month. Handset subsidy is not applicable for both SIM Only plans. To find out more about SIM Only plan with 12 months contract, please visit http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/mobile/postpaid/mobile-plans/sim-only-12-months.html.
- How does the SIM Only plans work?
The SIM Only plans are opt-in enrollments for mobile lines that are registered under a NRIC or FIN, that entitles you to a 50% SIM Only plan discount off the usual monthly subscription of a 2-year mobile service voice plan. You can enjoy this 50% off the monthly subscription for your SIM-only plan as long as you remain on a month-to-month 'rolling' SIM Only subscription without any active contract commitment.
For subscribers who sign the SIM Only Plan under the Corporate Individual Scheme ("CIS Subscriber"), they will be entitled to free Caller Number Display and 50% SIM Only plan discount for a continuous period of 24 months while not on any contract commitment. The SIM Only plan for CIS Subscribers will be automatically terminated upon expiry of 24 continuous months. Upon termination, the prevailing Caller Number Display and 2-year Lite, XS/S/M/L/XL plan subscription rate will apply. To continue enjoying your free Caller Number Display and 50% SIM Only plan discount, you may visit any of our StarHub Shop, Exclusive Partner Outlet, log in to CIS Online Store with your business email address to sign up or call 1630.
- Which Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans are eligible for the SIM Only plans?
The Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL SIM Only Plans are available on an opt-in basis for Standalone voice lines and SharePlus Main Lines (excludes SharePlus dependent lines) on:
- I am an existing customer with a handset / bill rebate contract commitment. Can I change to the SIM Only plans?
No, the SIM Only plans are only available for customers without a commitment. You may opt-in for the SIM Only plans upon completion of your contract commitment.
- Can I upgrade to a device contract commitment?
You may upgrade from the SIM Only plans to a contract commitment (e.g. device commitment) without any penalties anytime. However, if you were to recontract to our 2-year plans with a device commitment, you will no longer be entitled to the 50% discount off your monthly subscription rate under the SIM Only plan. Your monthly subscription will revert to the usual monthly price of the 2-year Lite and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans.
- Is there a contract period or minimum period of service for the SIM Only plans?
There is no contract period or minimum period of service on the SIM Only no-contract plans.
- What are the applicable fees to sign up for SIM Only plans for new subscribers?
There is a one-time SIM activation charge of $37.45 and a one-time mobile service charge of $10.70 for all new subscriptions to our mobile service voice plans. Depending on your residence status and eligibility to apply for a mobile service, a deposit may be required during sign-up.
- Can I enjoy CIS Discounts, Hub Club Discounts or Youth benefits with the SIM Only plans?
The SIM Only plans are mutually exclusive and NOT applicable with any other discounts or promotions, including but not limited to:
- Hub Club Discounts
- Corporate Discounts / CIS Discounts / Partner Plan Discounts (discount and free VASes)
- Subscription Discounts
- I am currently a HubClub customer and had just subscribed to a SIM Only plan. Will I get additional HubClub discounts?
Mobile lines on SIM Only plans will be eligible for Hub Club membership and will count towards the Hub Club mobile line count, however these lines will not be eligible for Hub Club discounts.
HubClub customer with 1 mobile (Line A), add on a new SIM Only plan line (Line B). Before adding SIM Only plan line:
- Line A enjoys 15% HubClub discount
After adding SIM Only plan line:
- Line A enjoys 20% HubClub discount.
- Line B will only enjoy SIM Only plan discount and not additional HubClub discount.
- I’m currently subscribed to the SIM Only plan on XL. Will I be eligible to get the $500 handset upgrade voucher?
No. The $500 handset upgrade voucher is only available for subscribers on a regular priced XL plan with a 2-year contract commitment.
- How can I sign up for the SIM Only plans?
For new and existing subscribers on the Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans with no contract commitment or have completed their contract commitments, you may visit any of our StarHub Shop, Exclusive Partner Outlet or log into to starhub.com/store to sign up. For full details of SIM Only promotion Terms and Conditions, please visit SIM Only page.
- If I am an employee of a company that is eligible for StarHub Corporate Individual Scheme (CIS), how can I sign up for SIM Only Plans?
For new and existing CIS subscribers on the Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans with no contract commitment or have completed their contract commitments, you may visit any of our StarHub Shop, Exclusive Partner Outlet, log in to CIS Online Store with your business email address to sign up or call 1630. Please bring along your staff pass when you visit our Shops or EP outlets to enjoy the additional perks for CIS, if any. For existing StarHub SIM Only subscribers, please log in to CIS Online Store to convert to StarHub CIS SIM Only Lite/XS/S/M/L/XL plan. Customers will be required to change their existing mobile plan to the new Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. Note that all existing discounts will be overwritten with the new 50% SIM Only plan discount for CIS customers. For full details of SIM Only promotion Terms and Conditions, please visit SIM Only page.
- What VASes can I sign up for with the SIM Only plans?
You may sign up for all applicable VASes that are available for the Lite Plan and XS/S/M/L/XL Plans. These include, but are not limited to, Caller Number Display, Plus 3, DataJump, Free IDD018 VAS, International Roaming and DataTravel.
- I am Youth/Student. Will I be able to enjoy the Youth perks on the SIM Only plans?
Yes, you can enjoy the Youth perks on our SIM Only plans. To view the list of Youth perks available, please visit www.starhub.com/youth.
- I have an existing SharePlus Supplementary Line, can I use it to sign up for SIM Only plans?
No, SharePlus Supplementary lines are not eligible for SIM Only plans. SIM Only plans are only available for Standalone voice lines and SharePlus Main Lines.
- Can I still sign up for SharePlus Supplementary Lines while I am on the SIM Only plans?
Yes, SIM Only plans customers can sign-up for up to 2 SharePlus Supplementary Lines per NRIC/FIN. SharePlus Terms & Conditions apply, please visit SharePlus page.
- Can I sign up for a new SIM Only line and take a new SharePlus Supplementary Line at 40% SharePlus discount (after discount $9.60/month) and Free 1GB Data Upsize?
Yes, new SIM Only lines are eligible to sign up the SharePlus promotion.
- Can I change my plan anytime when on this SIM Only plan with no contract?
Yes, you can move within the six available Lite/XS/S/M/L/XL SIM Only plans with no contract anytime to continue to enjoy the 50% SIM Only discount.