HD Voice+ FAQ
1. What is HD Voice+?
Based on Voice over LTE (VoLTE) technology, HD Voice+ delivers crystal clear phone call quality with reduced background noise and quicker call set-up times over StarHub’s nationwide 4G network. Users will be able to access the internet simultaneously on 4G speed. StarHub has switched on HD Voice+ across all its 4G mobile base stations since 28 June 2014.
2. How is HD Voice+ different from HD Voice?
StarHub launched HD Voice in March last year, enabling all StarHub Mobile customers to enjoy noticeably clearer 3G phone calls. HD Voice+ now extends the same benefits and more to 4G phone calls. This means that customers can now seamlessly enjoy crystal clear HD Voice call experience even when their phone switches between 4G and 3G.
3. Who can use HD Voice+?
StarHub’s SmartSurf HD and 4G mobile plan customers who use a HD Voice+ supported mobile phone will be among the first to enjoy the benefits of HD Voice+.
4. Is HD Voice+ available on other StarHub Mobile plans?
Not at the moment. HD Voice+ is exclusively available for SmartSurf HD and 4G mobile plan subscribers.
5. How do I know that I am making a HD Voice+ call?
As HD Voice+ calls take place over the 4G network, your phone will display the “4G” or “LTE” icon during a HD Voice+ call.
6. What will happen to my HD Voice+ call when my phone switches from 4G to 3G?
Your crystal clear phone call in high definition will continue seamlessly even if your phone were to switch from 4G to 3G.
7. Is there a subscription fee for HD Voice+?
No, HD Voice+ is available at no additional charge.
8. Is mobile data required for HD Voice+ calls?
Mobile data is required but no data will be deducted from your bundled data.
9. Is HD Voice+ available for SmartSurf HD or 4G mobile plan subscribers with MultiSIM?
10. I am a SmartSurf HD subscriber. Do I need to replace my StarHub SIM card to enjoy HD Voice+?
11. Can I make HD Voice+ calls while overseas or to subscribers of other mobile operators?
This service is currently not available. We are exploring the implementation of this feature for our customers. Details will be made available in due course.
12. Can I switch on or off HD Voice+ on my phone?
Yes, it is possible if your phone allows you to switch on or off the ‘Use VoLTE whenever available’ feature.