HD Voice+ FAQ
1. What is HD Voice+?
Based on Voice over LTE (VoLTE) technology, HD Voice+ delivers crystal clear phone call quality with reduced background noise and quicker call set-up times over StarHub’s nationwide 4G network. Users will be able to access the internet simultaneously on 4G speed.
2. How is HD Voice+ different from HD Voice?
StarHub launched HD Voice enabling all StarHub Mobile customers to enjoy noticeably clearer 3G phone calls. HD Voice+ now extends the same benefits and more to 4G phone calls. This means that customers can now seamlessly enjoy crystal clear HD Voice call experience even when their phone switches between 4G and 3G.
3. Who can use HD Voice+?
StarHub customer who are on 4G mobile plan will enjoy the benefits of HD Voice+ and it works on HD Voice+ enabled handsets.
4. How do I know that I am making a HD Voice+ call?
As HD Voice+ calls take place over the 4G network, your phone will display the “4G” or “LTE” icon during a HD Voice+ call.
5. What will happen to my HD Voice+ call when my phone switches from 4G to 3G?
Your crystal clear phone call in high definition will continue seamlessly even if your phone were to switch from 4G to 3G.
6. Is there a subscription fee for HD Voice+?
No, HD Voice+ is available at no additional charge.
7. Is mobile data required for HD Voice+ calls?
Mobile data is required but no data will be deducted from your bundled data.
8. Is HD Voice+ available for 4G mobile plan subscribers with MultiSIM?
No, HD Voice+ is not available for MultiSIM subscribers.
9. Can I make HD Voice+ calls while overseas or to subscribers of other mobile operators?
This service is currently not available. We are exploring the implementation of this feature for our customers. Details will be made available in due course.
10. Can I switch on or off HD Voice+ on my phone?
Yes, it is possible if your phone allows you to switch on or off the ‘Use VoLTE whenever available’ feature.