1. What is the Connecting Tones service?
Connecting Tones is a mobile Value-Added Service that allows your callers to hear a song when they call your mobile phone.
2. How do I subscribe to the Connecting Tones service?
Any Prepaid/Postpaid StarHub Mobile customer can subscribe to Connecting Tones service via any of the following methods:
Do ask about subscribing to the Connecting Tones service at any StarHub Shop or StarHub Exclusive Partner outlet when applying for your new mobile line.
3. What are the charges for Connecting Tones?
|Service Subscription Fee**
(with FREE StarHub Connecting Tones)
|Each Connecting Tones Purchase||$2.14
** Service subscription fee for the first month is FREE for postpaid customers until 31st March 2012.
4. How long will the Connecting Tones last and how will I know if they are renewed?
Connecting Tones are valid for one calendar month and can be renewed. You will receive a renewal SMS 5 days before the first of each month, allowing you to either
|Examples||Pricing Explanation||Charges for the Month|
You activated the Connecting Tones service with FREE default StarHub Connecting Tones and purchased a Connecting Tone
For Postpaid subscribers:
For Prepaid subscribers:
For Postpaid subscribers:
For Prepaid subscribers:
You decided to retain the same Connecting Tones.
|Service Subscription fee of $2.14 (Postpaid/Prepaid) is waived. You are charged for the one Connecting Tones purchased $2.14 (Postpaid/Prepaid).||$2.14 (Postpaid/Prepaid)|
5. Can I preview Connecting Tones before I subscribe to the service?
Yes, you can visit our website at www.starhub.com/connectingtones to preview all the Connecting Tones. Current subscribers to the service can also dial our Connecting Tones Hotline at 9380 0000^ to browse and purchase new Connecting Tones.
6. What are "StarHub Connecting Tones"?
"StarHub Connecting Tones" are the two FREE default tones provided by StarHub when you subscribe to the Connecting Tones service. The StarHub Connecting Tones are played at random and StarHub may change the songs periodically.
7. Can I change the "StarHub Connecting Tones" to another Connecting Tones?
"StarHub Connecting Tones" are the FREE default Connecting Tones. If you wish to use a different tone, you can choose to purchase new Connecting Tones to play.
To purchase and play new Connecting Tones, you can: dial the Connecting Tones Hotline number at 9380 0000^ or visit our website at www.starhub.com/connectingtones.
8. I like the "StarHub Connecting Tones", how can I set that as my default again?
You can select your default as "StarHub Connecting Tones" by visiting our website at www.starhub.com/connectingtones.
9. What will my callers hear if I delete all my purchased Connecting Tones?
If you delete all your purchased Connecting Tones, the "StarHub Connecting Tones" will be played by default.
10. I've purchased a new Connecting Tone, so why do my callers still hear the "StarHub Connecting Tones"?
If you have not set your purchased Connecting Tones as your default Connecting Tone, the "StarHub Connecting Tones" will be played.
11. How do I know when is time to renew my purchased Connecting Tones?
You will receive a reminder SMS 5 days before the first of each month, where you will be informed of the total number of Connecting Tones currently in your library and how much you will need to pay next month.
You can then decide to (a) retain, (b) delete and/or (c) purchase new Connecting Tones by:
Dialing the Connecting Tones Hotline number at 9380 0000^ or visiting our website at www.starhub.com/connectingtones.
For example, if you choose to retain the same purchased Connecting Tones(s) already in your personal library, you won't have to do a thing. Your purchased Connecting Tones(s) will be renewed for the following month.
12. If I purchase 3 Connecting Tones on the 5th, 15th, 29th of the month respectively, when will I receive the reminder SMS and what is the validity period of all 3 Connecting Tones?
You will receive the reminder SMS in the following month, 5 days before the first of the subsequent month. Hence, if your Connecting Tones are purchased on 5, 15 or 29 November, you will receive the reminder SMS on 26 December; requesting you to (a) retain, (b) delete and/or (c) purchase new Connecting Tones for January 2012.
13. What is the maximum number of Connecting Tones I can purchase each month?
You can purchase up to 10 Connecting Tones monthly.
14. I have already purchased 10 Connecting Tones. What should I do if I want to purchase more Connecting Tones?
You can retain a maximum of 10 Connecting Tones in your library. To purchase new ones, please delete some from your personal library.
15. Can I set different Connecting Tones for specific callers?
Yes. You can set different Connecting Tones for different callers by visiting our website at www.starhub.com/connectingtones. There are a total of 5 Caller Groups and you can assign up to 10 numbers per group.
Simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Assign a specific Connecting Tone to the Caller Groups.
Step 2: Add callers' numbers to the Caller Groups.
16. Can my overseas callers hear my Connecting Tones?
Yes, they can.
17. Can my family and friends hear my purchased Connecting Tones when I am overseas?
Yes - but only if the overseas network operator supports our service.
18. What are "Special Occasion Tones"?
"Special Occasion Tones" is a unique function allowing you to assign specific Connecting Tones to be played at a certain time or date to specific (a) mobile numbers, (b) caller group or (c) all callers.
For example, during the festive season you can choose to play purchased Christmas Connecting Tones from 1 to 26 Dec. You can also set preferred Connecting Tones by time of day; set a professional Connecting Tone to play during office hours, or a funky, cheeky Connecting Tone to play after hours.
19. Can I add a friend with Caller Number Non-Display (Private Number) / an Overseas Number for my "Caller Group", "Special Occasion Tones" & "Exclusion List"?
No, as these services only apply to local telephone and/or mobile numbers with Caller Number Display.
20. What is "Purchase History"?
"Purchase History" allows you to view all your purchased Connecting Tones(s) transaction(s) for the past 3 months.
21. I am a MultiSIM subscriber, can I subscribe to Connecting Tones service?
No, as MultiSIM and Connecting Tones services are mutually exclusive. You will not be able to activate MultiSIM services with Connecting Tones service and vice-versa.
22. Why can't I preview and purchase Connecting Tones via my Safari web browser?
Where possible, use Internet Explorer when accessing the Connecting Tones website. This is the Connecting Tones website is optimised for Internet Explorer, and you may encounter issues with other web browsers such as Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, etc.
23. I'm a prepaid subscriber and I have $1 balance in my prepaid account. Why did my Connecting Tones service get suspended / terminated?
To keep your Connecting Tones service, you will need to maintain sufficient balance in your prepaid account for the Connecting Tones subscription fee or Connecting Tones renewal. If there is insufficient balance (i.e. at least $2.14), your Connecting Tones service will be suspended or eventually terminated after 90 days of deduction failure.
Kindly top-up to continue using the Connecting Tones service. Once this is done, $2.14 will be deducted from your prepaid balance, and your Connecting Tones service will be re-activated.
24. I'm a prepaid subscriber with 3 Connecting Tones in my personal library. Why was only one Connecting Tones was renewed?
To renew all 3 Connecting Tones in your personal library, you will need to maintain sufficient balance in your prepaid account (i.e. $6.42 for all 3 Connecting Tones). The number of Connecting Tones automatically renewed for the next month depends on your available prepaid balance. For example, if you have $3 in your prepaid balance, only one Connecting Tone will be renewed for $2.14. The remaining 2 Connecting Tones will be deleted.
25. Do I need to maintain a minimum prepaid balance after the Connecting Tones purchase and/or subscription and renewal fees deduction?
No. There is no minimum prepaid balance required.
26. How can I unsubscribe from the Connecting Tones service?
You can unsubscribe from the Connecting Tones service via these methods:
27. How will I be charged if I unsubscribe the Connecting Tones service in the middle of a calendar month?
You will be charged for the full month, as there is no pro-rated refund on the service subscription fee.
28. Why was I not able to send a gift to a fellow StarHub subscriber?
You can only send a Connecting Tone as a gift to another Connecting Tone subscriber.
29. How am I charged for sending a Connecting Tone as a gift?
The sender of the Connecting Tone as gift will be charged for the first month. The recipient will be charged for subsequent months.
* One SMS is defined according to one page of SMS.
^ If more than 5 SMSes are sent to Singapore mobile number(s) within the same day, the 6th – 15th SMS sent will enjoy a discount of $0.05 off the prevailing rate per SMS sent. Note: This discount will only be given once daily and only applicable to the 6th to 15th SMS sent to Singapore mobile number(s) within that day.
^^ If more than 5 SMSes are sent to international mobile number(s) within the same day, the 6th – 15th SMS sent will enjoy a discount of $0.15 off the prevailing rate per SMS sent. Note: This discount will only be given once daily and is only applicable to the 6th – 15th SMS sent to international mobile number(s) within that day.