BlackBerry® 10 FAQ
1. When I buy a new BlackBerry® 10 smartphone, will I need to sign up for any BlackBerry® VAS?
As the BlackBerry® 10 smartphones handle data traffic differently from older BlackBerry® (OS 7 and earlier) devices, there is no need to sign-up for any BlackBerry® VAS.
2. What kind of voice or data plans I can use with my BlackBerry® 10 smartphone?
You may sign up for any SmartSurf or PowerValue plans to use with you BlackBerry® smartphone. To use your BlackBerry® smartphone optimally, we recommend that you sign up for 1 our best value SmartSurf plans.
3. Is data on BlackBerry® 10 devices compressed?
When managed by BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10, BlackBerry® 10 devices feature BlackBerry® Balance. This is technology that will automatically and contextually identify & separate work and personal content.
Content classified as Enterprise data on BlackBerry® 10 devices (i.e. work email, attachments, work contacts, calendar and notes, work browser, and enterprise applications) will pass through BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 and will be compressed. Data that is not classified as work (i.e. personal browser, personal email and applications) will not pass through BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 and will not be compressed.
4. How do I set up my BlackBerry® 10 smartphone for Emails, BlackBerry® Messenger, Social Apps (FaceBook, Twitter) and Storage?
Detailed instructions on how to set up the BlackBerry® Z10 can be found here.
5. Where can I get more information about my BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone?
Detailed information about the BlackBerry® Z10 can be found here.
6. How do I transfer my contacts and media from my current smartphone to my BlackBerry® 10 smartphone?
Detailed instructions on how to transfer media and contacts can be found here.
7. I currently have a BlackBerry® Premium or BlackBerry® Unlimited VAS. Do I have to cancel the VAS if I upgrade to a BlackBerry® 10 smartphone?
No, you don’t have to cancel the VAS but we recommend that you switch to a SmartSurf plan to enjoy LTE speed and better value bundles. Kindly note that you should only switch to SmartSurf plans if you no longer plan to access your BlackBerry® email or BlackBerry® application.
8. Can I use Multisim services from my phone/android phone with my BB10 handset?
Yes, you can use Multi Sim with your BlackBerry® 10 smartphone just like the way you handle other non-BlackBerry® handset.
9. I subscribed to BlackBerry® Unlimited Roaming VAS, how am I able to continue enjoying the benefits of the service on BB10?
The new BlackBerry® 10 handsets like the BlackBerry® Z10 do not use BlackBerry® APN and thus no longer require BIS/BES. BlackBerry® Unlimited DataRoam usage is only applicable on BlackBerry® APN. Moving forward, all BlackBerry® 10 handsets will connect to the Internet via our regular APNs that other smartphones on our network are connecting to. We are unable to extend the BlackBerry® Unlimited DataRoam VAS to BlackBerry® 10 handset users for this reason.