Getting Started On StarHub Wireless Broadband
How do I start surfing at StarHub Wireless Broadband?
To access StarHub Wireless Broadband Service, you simply need the following:
1. A wireless (WiFi) enabled laptop or PDA with IEEE802.11b compliant built-in wireless device.
2. A laptop or PDA with an external wireless network interface card. Wireless network interface card must be IEEE802.11b compliant.
3. A StarHub Wireless Broadband account Note: Recommended Operating System for laptop is Windows XP.
Go wireless in three easy steps:
1. Insert your wireless card and select your network ID (SSID), refer to Technical FAQs for details.
2. Log in with your User ID and password
3. Surf, email or download data at your convenience.
To surf wirelessly, look out for this sign:
How do I log into StarHub Wireless Broadband?
To access StarHub Wireless Broadband, user can follow the steps outlined below:
|Step 1||Launch your Internet browser or email software.|
|Step 2||You will be directed to the "Welcome Page" for StarHub Wireless Broadband Service.|
|Step 3||At the "Welcome Page" for the service, type in your StarHub User-ID and password, both of which are provided upon signing up for our service.|
|Step 4||Upon authentication, a default web page will be launched. Customer can start surfing wirelessly from this point.|
|Step 5||Logout after every session when you finish by typing "http://logout." in the address bar of the browser.|
I am a StarHub Mobile customer. Which user ID can I use to log into StarHub Wireless Broadband?
You can log into StarHub Wireless Broadband using your Hub ID or Gee login ID. Simply select "Hub ID" and key in your Hub ID and corresponding password to log in, or select "Mobile Wireless VAS" if you choose to log in via your Gee log-in ID.
Will I be able to access my company's corporate network at these hotspots?
If your company allows remote Internet access into its corporate network, you should be able to connect using StarHub Wireless Broadband Services.
If your company runs a VPN (Virtual Private Network), you will be required to run your VPN or secure tunneling client software over the wireless broadband network. You may wish to check with your relevant IT personnel on details.
Set-up for Wireless Broadband
To get connected, you need:
1. A wireless (WiFi) enabled laptop or PDA
- with IEEE802.11b/g compliant built-in wireless device
2. A laptop or PDA with an external wireless network interface card
- wireless network interface card must be IEEE802.11b/g compliant.
3. A StarHub Wireless Broadband account
Note: Recommended OS for laptop, Windows XP/Windows Vista.
Go wireless with these easy steps!
|Step 1||Select your network ID (SSID) to "ACCESS-StarHub". For Wireless@SG coverage areas, select "Wireless@SG". Login with your Hub iD or StarHub Mobile Number (Gee! iD) and password.|
|Step 2||Select "M1 Net" as your service provider in Wireless@SG coverage and key in the Username field with "hub/" or "gee/" (non-case sensitive) followed by User ID and "@m1net.com.sg" prefixed at the back. Your Username will appear as either "firstname.lastname@example.org" or “email@example.com”.|
|Step 3||If your Hub iD is in the email format, E.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, please replace the “@” with “#” to login. Your Username will then appear as “email@example.com”. You are now ready to surf!|