Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the unlimited surfing/streaming with StarHub on SPH apps entail?
This means that there will be no local data charges when you surf/stream on your StarHub postpaid mobile network for selected SPH apps. These SPH apps include Lianhe Zaobao, Straits Times, Business Times, Berita Harian, Lianhe Wanbao, Asiaone and Radio programs (Kiss 92, OneFM 91.3, UFM).
- Who can enjoy unlimited surfing/streaming on SPH apps?
All StarHub mobile postpaid subscribers can enjoy free unlimited surfing/streaming on selected SPH apps.
- Does the free unlimited surfing/streaming on selected SPH apps apply when I am roaming?
No. The standard mobile roaming data charges will apply. Free unlimited surfing/streaming on selected SPH products is only applicable for local usage.
- Are there any requirements with regards to device settings to enjoy this free unlimited surfing/streaming on selected SPH apps?
Yes, APN SHWAP must be configured on your device. Please see configuration steps as below.
Step 1: Go to "Settings" -> "Mobile Data"
Step 2: Choose "mobile Data Options"
Step 3: Choose "APN Settings"
Step 4: Modify APN from "shinternet" to "SHWAP"
- There are redirected sites, videos etc. that are found within the mentioned SPH apps. Do data charges apply for those sites?
Yes. Zero rating of data for the SPH apps will not apply to external content or services used or embedded (e.g. video contents from Youtube, pictures from facebooks, messages from Twitter, etc) or data delivered through secure URLs (e.g. payment traffic to payment gateway).
- Are there any changes to the bill presentation for the data zero rating on these selected SPH apps?
No, there is no change to the billing presentation.
- Will I be able to use My Account Manager/My StarHub to monitor the SPH apps zero rating data usage?
No, there is no need to as the SPH apps will be automatically filtered in our system so that it is worry free to StarHub customers. For the time being, the SPH apps zero rating data usage is not shown in My Account Manager or MyStarHub.