Terms & Conditions - HomeHub Promotion
1. In addition to these Promotion Terms & Conditions, your use of HomeHub Services is subject to StarHub's General Consumer Terms & Conditions, Service Specific Terms & Conditions for HomeHub Plan, and any other terms and conditions that you and we may have agreed to from time to time. You may view our terms and conditions at http://www.starhub.com
2. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between any provision of these Promotion Terms & Conditions, the General Consumer Terms & Conditions and Service Specific Terms & Conditions, the documents shall be construed in the following order of precedence:
a. Promotion Terms & Conditions;
b. Service Specific Terms & Conditions for HomeHub Plan; and
c. General Consumer Terms & Conditions.
3. For residential customers who are 18 years old and above only.
4. Valid for new subscriptions to the Cable Home Broadband, Fibre Home Broadband, StarHub TV, Digital Voice Home and MaxMobile services.
5. Customers with existing Cable Home Broadband, Fibre Home Broadband, StarHub Cable TV, StarHub Fibre TV, MaxMobile Broadband (Applicable Plan: Free MaxMobile (1GB) Datapack) and/or Digital Voice Home services who have fulfilled the minimum period of service under the contract for each individual service may transfer the individual service to the HomeHub Plan.
6. Valid with a 24-month contract.
7. The HomeHub Promotion subscription and contract will commence after all TV, Home Broadband, Digital Voice Home and MaxMobile services are fully installed and activated.
8. Prior to the commencement of the HomeHub Promotion subscription, the below Charges will apply for each active individual Service;
a. StarHub TV :
i. 3 of 7 TV Groups will be free; and
ii. Charges will apply for additional TV subscriptions and set-top boxes.
b. Home Broadband:
i. 100Mbps Cable Broadband : $49.90 per month;
ii. 500Mbps Fibre Broadband : $39.90 per month; or
iii. 1000Mbps Fibre Broadband : $49.90 per month.
c. MaxMobile Free 1GB:
i. Free; and
ii. Excess usage charges and value-added services subscription(s) are applicable.
d. Digital Voice Home:
i. $2.10 per month; and
ii. IDD usage and value-added services subscription(s) are applicable.
9. There is a minimum period of service of 24 continuous months for the HomeHub Plan (“HomeHub Plan Minimum Period of Service”). Early Termination Charges (“ETCs”) will apply in the event of any premature termination and be calculated as follows:
|Early Termination Charges for 24-month|
10. In addition to the ETCs specified above, the following charges will be applicable if the Fibre Broadband service is terminated.
a. Tiered 12-month Service Early Termination Charge calculated as follows:
$385.20 x number of days unfulfilled in Fibre Broadband Minimum Period of Service / 365 days
b. A Disconnection Fee of $32.10 applies if the Fibre Broadband service is terminated at any point in time
11. If you have already subscribed to a HomeHub Plan and wish to change to a different HomeHub Plan, you will first be required to terminate the contract for the original HomeHub Plan. If you terminate your original HomeHub Plan before the expiry of the HomeHub Plan Minimum Period of Service, ETCs will apply.
12. Any period of suspension will not be counted towards the HomeHub Plan Minimum Period of Service.
Additional Fees and Requirements
13. The following one-time charges are applicable for new sign ups unless there is a prevailing promotion. For StarHub TV and/or Home Broadband, you will be billed the higher charge and not both.
a. StarHub TV Service Activation Fee
b. StarHub TV Installation Fee
c. Home Broadband Service Activation Fee
d. Home Broadband Installation Fee
e. Digital Voice Home Activation Fee
f. MaxMobile Service SIM Activation Fee
g. MaxMobile Service Registration Fee
h. Fibre Termination Point Installation Fee (Up to 15-metres)
i. $235.40 (High Rise – Condominium or HDB)
ii. $481.50 (Landed - Residential)
14. The following Fibre Termination Point (“FTP”) charges are applicable for cancellation, relocation and repair as may be requested by you.
a. Cancellation of FTP Installation (before ready-for-service date)
i. $235.40 (High Rise – Condominium or HDB)
ii. $481.50 (Landed - Residential)
b. Relocation Fee of FTP - Per request to change residential service address
c. Repair of existing FTP (Damaged or Faulty)
i. NetLink Trust will need to be engaged to repair or replace your FTP. The applicable charges will be quoted by NLT onsite.
15. The charges listed above may change from time to time. For the most updated charges, please refer to our website at www.starhub.com/hubbing.
16. The HomeHub Plan with Cable Home Broadband and/or Cable TV is only applicable to homes connected to StarHub’s cable network with 2-way interactive signal.
17. The HomeHub Plan with Fibre Home Broadband and Fibre TV is only available for fibre-ready and certified with a Fibre Termination Point (“FTP”) within premises and are connected to StarHub’s cable network with reverse signal for 2-way interactivity.
18. HD enabled set-top box is required. Standard rental charges apply.
19. There is a maximum limit of 4 set-top boxes that may be rented for each subscription of the StarHub Fibre TV Service. If the number of set-top boxes that you require exceeds the maximum limit, you may still procure them by entering into an additional subscription for the additional set-top boxes
20. MaxMobile 21Mbps (1GB) comes with 1GB bundled data. Excess data usage will be charged at $8.56 per GB. Monthly bill is capped at promotional rate of $85.60 (U.P. $168). Promotion is valid till 31 December 2017, after which your monthly bill will be capped at the prevailing rate of $168.
21. You will need certain Equipment to access our Home Broadband Services, including: (a) Voice-enabled Cable Modem for Cable Home Broadband Service; or (b) Voice-enabled Optical Network Terminal (“VeONT”) for Fibre Home Broadband Service. We will provide the Voice-enabled Cable Modem or VeONT, as the case may be, to you at no further charge.
22. The value of the Equipment we provide may not be used to offset existing subscription charges or outstanding balances, or exchanged for cash or benefits-in-kind.
23. StarHub will not be responsible for any defects in the Equipment or any items which you may have connected to the Equipment. The Equipment are covered under and subject to the terms of warranty from the relevant manufacturers.
24. By subscribing to the HomeHub Plan, you will, subject to applicable terms and conditions, be entitled to receive from us a HomeHub Voucher each month. We will inform you of the value of the HomeHub Voucher, which shall be determined based on the type of HomeHub Plan you subscribe to.
25. The HomeHub Voucher will be issued upon commencement of your HomeHub Plan.
26. The HomeHub Voucher will be credited into your bill on a monthly basis.
27. If you subscribe to any of the eligible add-on channels and/or add-on groups while you are on the HomeHub Plan, and subscription is effected not at point of new sales or recontract to the HomeHub Plan, the pro-rated and advanced subscription Charges will only be offset against your next HomeHub Voucher in your subsequent bill.
28. The HomeHub Voucher may be used to offset certain Charges incurred by you in relation to StarHub TV services which are over and above the minimum 3 Groups required for the subscription of the StarHub TV services. We will notify you of such Charges from time to time. Currently, Charges which may be offset using the HomeHub Voucher are those relating to additional groups of channels, add-on channels and/or add-on groups purchased by you, but excluding Add-on Packs. “Add-on Packs” include without limitation the Box Office Pack, Supreme Box Office Pack, Yu Le Pack, Qiang Dang Yu Le Pack, Thangam Pack, Idaman Pack, Ultimate Pinoy Pack, Manoranjan Pack, Thangam Migai Pack and Connoisseur Pack.
29. For video-on-demand services, the HomeHub Voucher may be used to offset Charges for video-on-demand services purchased via your set-top-box only and cannot be used for video-on-demand services purchased via the StarHub Go Service or the StarHub Go Value-Added Service.
30. The HomeHub Voucher cannot be used to offset Charges in relation to any type of television content purchased via the StarHub Go Service or StarHub Go Value-Added Service.
31. The value under your HomeHub Voucher for each month will only be credited and reflected in your bill if there are applicable TV Charges that are eligible for offset in the manner described above. Any unused or remaining value of the HomeHub Voucher will be forfeited and will not be carried forward to the following month.
32. You will be entitled to the full value of your HomeHub Voucher, provided all the Services under your HomeHub Plan remain active in the relevant month during which your HomeHub Voucher is valid. If your HomeHub Plan or any Individual Service thereunder is suspended for any period whatsoever, you will not be entitled to the value of the HomeHub Voucher that is attributable to that period of suspension.
33. The HomeHub Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or benefits-in-kind, and is non-transferable.
Hub Club Membership
34. In addition, if you are an existing subscriber or if you subscribe to a new StarHub mobile line, you will be entitled to be a Hub Club member. As a Hub Club member, you will also enjoy:
a. A handset upgrade waiver of $200 on the early mobile re-contract fee (which may be $200 or $300, depending on the mobile plan) is applicable to one mobile line (that is registered under Hub Club member’s NRIC/FIN) every 12 months. This is provided that there are no outstanding balances and the mobile line for which the waiver is sought must be in active use for at least 12 months;
b. Up to 30% savings on your mobile service subscription fees.
c. 10% savings on additional TV charges after deducting value of HomeHub Voucher.
The Hub Club Service Specific Terms and Conditions set out in www.starhub.com also apply.
StarHub Go Value-Added Service
35. The applicable charge for the StarHub Go Value-Added Service is $5.35/month. However, for StarHub TV Customers, it is currently offered free on a promotional basis from now until 30 June 2017. Other Terms and Conditions apply. For more details, visit starhub.com/tv-wherever.
Additional Terms for Premium-Led Promotions (where applicable)
36. After all your services are activated and installed as described above, you will be issued an Acknowledgement letter / eDM for the collection of your premium. The collection date of your premium is subject to premium availability.
37. You will be required to subscribe to any HomeHub Plan for a minimum period of 24 months from the commencement of your HomeHub Plan (“Premium Minimum Period of Service”). During the Premium Minimum Period of Service, you will, in addition to the HomeHub Plan subscription fees, be required to pay a monthly premium charge (“Premium Top-up Charge”). You will still be liable to pay the Premium Top-Up Charges even if you recontract on another HomeHub Plan during the Premium Minimum Period Service. You will not be required to pay Premium Top-Up Charges after you have fulfilled this 24-month period.
38. Premium Top-up Charges will continue to be charged and billed to you during any period where your HomeHub Plan is suspended.
39. All outstanding Premium Top-up Charges for any remaining period in the Premium Minimum Period of Service will be immediately payable if you are no longer subscribed to a HomeHub Plan for any reason. This requirement is in addition to any applicable ETCs and other fees.
40. You shall not be entitled to downgrade your HomeHub Plan during the Premium Minimum Period of Service.
41. The premium shall be available on a first-come-first-served basis. StarHub reserves the right to replace the brand and model of any premium with another premium of equal or lower value.
42. Premiums which are not redeemed by the respective stated date will be forfeited.
43. StarHub will not be responsible for any defects in any premium or if applicable, any items which customers may have connected to the premium. All premiums are covered under and subject to the terms of warranty from the relevant manufacturers.
44. We reserve the right to revise any of these Promotion Terms & Conditions at its discretion without prior notice. Use of any service under the HomeHub Plan will constitute acceptance of these Promotion Terms and Conditions and the amendments thereof.
45. These Promotions terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and you and we have agreed to be bound by the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Singapore.
46. For Cable Home Broadband and Fibre Home Broadband Services, actual bandwidth is dependent on hardware, software, signal strength of the wifi connectivity, Internet traffic and destination server.
47. This Promotion is not available with other discounts, promotions, special packages or offers, unless specified by StarHub.
48. This Promotion cannot be used to offset subscription charges or outstanding balances, and cannot be exchanged for cash or benefit-in-kind and is non-refundable.
49. In the event of a dispute, a customer's entitlement to this Promotion is subject to our sole discretion and final determination.
50. We reserve the right to revise any of these Promotion Terms & Conditions at its discretion without prior notice. Use of any service under the HomeHub Plan will constitute acceptance of these Promotion Terms and Conditions and the amendments thereof.
51. These Promotions terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and you and we have agreed to be bound by the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Singapore.
Channel Listing and Availability
52. Please refer to www.starhub.com/channel-listing for the updated StarHub TV channel line-up and channel availability.