Unlimited Data Pass FAQ
- Who is eligible for Unlimited Data Pass?
Any new, re-contracting or existing StarHub Mobile postpaid customer on eligible mobile plans will be able to sign up for Unlimited Data Pass.
- Which plans are eligible for Unlimited Data Pass?
The mobile plans which are eligible to sign up for Unlimited Data Pass are 2 year XS/S/M/L/XL plans, 2 year 4G 3/4/5/6/12 plans, SIM Only XS/S/M/L/XL plans and SIM Only 4G 3/4/5/6/12 plans. Unlimited Data Pass is not valid for Lite, 4G 300M, SurfHub, HomeHub Go SurfHub 15 (and Add-on), HomeHub Go (and Add-on) and any plans offered specifically to Business customers.
- What are the type of passes available under Unlimited Data Pass and charges?
There are 3 types of passes available:
- What are the apps covered under Unlimited Data Passes?
The applicable apps will be as below:
Please refer to www.starhub.com/data-pass-biz for the latest list as it may change from time to time.
- Is Facebook Messenger included in Unlimited Data Pass?
No. Please refer to www.starhub.com/data-pass-biz for the latest list as it may change from time to time.
- There's a prompt 'Use data to leave Facebook?'. Why am I seeing this?
For Android phone customer on Unlimited Social Pass, it's informing you that you’ll be charged for accessing links/apps which are not within Facebook. This feature is not available for iOS phone.
- Is WhatsApp Business included in Unlimited Social Pass?
No. It's only applicable to WhatsApp Messenger. Please refer to www.starhub.com/data-pass-biz for the latest list as it may change from time to time.
- Does all the Unlimited Data Pass includes the app subscriptions as well?
No. The subscriptions of the apps are not included in the Unlimited Data Passes.
- Will I enjoy Unlimited Data Pass benefit if I surf or stream via web browser or mobile browser?
No. It's only applicable to the app access listed at www.starhub.com/data-pass-biz.
- Is there any configuration required on my mobile?
Yes. Please ensure that your mobile data access point (“APN”) is set to ‘shwap’. Please check the configuration based on the steps below:
For Apple iPhone
Step 1: Go to "Settings" > "Mobile Data"
Step 3: Choose "Mobile Data Network"
Step 4: Ensure/Modify APN from "shinternet" to "shwap”
For Android Phone
Step 1: Go to "Settings" > "Connections"
Step 2: Choose "Mobile Network"
Step 3: Choose "Access Point Names"
Step 4: Choose SH Data Postpaid & Ensure “shwap is listed under APN
- How many Unlimited Data Pass can I sign up for?
You can sign up all three (3) Unlimited Data Pass (Unlimited Video Pass, Unlimited Social Pass and Unlimited Chat Pass).
- I have signed up for Unlimited Video Pass and would like to sign up for Unlimited Social and Unlimited Chat Pass as well. Will there be any one-time activation charge?
Yes, you will be charge $5.35 one-time activation charge for every Unlimited Data Pass activation.
- I am an existing customer with a Data Upsize VAS / Plus 3 / DataJump, can I sign up for Unlimited Data Pass?
Yes, you can.
- I did not take up the offer for Unlimited Data Pass at point of sale during new line sign-up / recontract order. Can I sign up thereafter?
Yes, Business customer can sign up for Unlimited Data Pass via StarHub Business Manager App or My Business Account with Enterprise ID.
- What will happen to my Unlimited Data Pass if I upgrade my plan from S plan to M plan?
Your Unlimited Data Pass subscription will remain the same based on your existing subscription. However, your subscription will drop if you change plan to Lite plan as this plan is not eligible for Unlimited Data Pass.
- Is there a contract period for Unlimited Data Pass?
For a limited promotional period, Unlimited Data Pass will be offered without any contract commitment.
- Can I unsubscribe my Unlimited Data Pass anytime?
For a limited promotional period, Unlimited Data Pass will be offered without any contract commitment, and Business customer can unsubscribe anytime via StarHub Business Manager App or My Business Account with Enterprise ID.
- Is Dynamic Pooling and Static Pooling eligible for Unlimited Data Pass?
No. Dynamic Pooling and Static Pooling is not eligible for Unlimited Data Pass.
- Why is there is a one-time activation charge for every Unlimited Data Pass sign-up?
All our value-added services do come with a one-time activation charge. We have been waiving this one-time activation from time-to-time on a promotional basis. The waiver does not apply to Unlimited Data Pass at this point of time.
- Will I enjoy Unlimited Data Pass benefit while roaming?
No. The Unlimited Data Pass is only applicable when you are in Singapore only. Kindly ensure that your network is connected to StarHub.
- Can I check the local data usages for my Unlimited Data Pass usage via StarHub Business Manager App or My Business Account?
No, as the access to the app local data charges are free, there won’t be any usage shown.
- How do I know if my subscription is successful?
You will receive a notification SMS upon successful subscription and you may also check your subscription via My Business Account or My Business Manager.
- Why is there a Fair Usage Policy for Unlimited Data Pass?
The Unlimited Data Pass is for personal use only and if we determined that you exceeded fair usage policy beyond a threshold at any time during the monthly bill cycle as determined by us in our absolute discretion, we may impose a speed limit until the end of the affected bill cycle. Any speed limit imposed will be lifted at the start of your next bill cycle. For details, visit http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/services-and-plans/mobile-network/management.html.
- Is there any access under the apps which will not be covered under free local data usage?
The following access are excluded from Unlimited Data Pass and are chargeable and will be deducted from your local data bundle:
Unlimited Video Pass- does not cover data usage for 3rd party advertisements within the app and access for external links outside of the mentioned app.
Unlimited Social Pass- does not cover data usage access for external links outside of the mentioned app.